Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving early when getting stuffed?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Voting with feet is always a powerful message. I really wonder what is going through TBs mind after yesterday. Can't imagine he slept too well last night

No, absolutely not. This is the first time since 2014 where he’s got a decision to make. And sooner or later he’s going to have to put the team and club ahead of his loyalty to Hughton.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No, absolutely not. This is the first time since 2014 where he’s got a decision to make. And sooner or later he’s going to have to put the team and club ahead of his loyalty to Hughton.

Yep. I love Hughton for being such a true gent and for all he's done for us, but... :(

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yep. I love Hughton for being such a true gent and for all he's done for us, but... :(

I don’t think anyone can question the man or how well he acts as a representative of our club. But if some people aren’t questioning his ability to manage this football team on the pitch now, then I’d question how far they’ve got their heads buried in the sand.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Did this happen so much back in the day? Recall getting beat 2-8 and seeing the game out, is it rose tinted or did people not get so upset with defeats back in the 70's/80's era?

I left at half time against Stoke at Withdean and went off to the pub in the game we lost 1-5, think it was one of the only games I have left early it was that poor, today I left on the 5th:

Interestingly was having a chat with an experienced coach and he was saying that the Knockaert goal vs Palace as good as it was might have also papered some cracks, it also cemented his place and he is a liability defending at times. It was when March went off injured we almost instantly conceded at Chelsea.

Now is time for character, if the players can pick themselves up and put in a performance against Cardiff then sadly we deserve to get relegated and almost certainly will.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t think anyone can question the man or how well he acts as a representative of our club. But if some people aren’t questioning his ability to manage this football team on the pitch now, then I’d question how far they’ve got their heads buried in the sand.

I think yesterday was a big turning point in terms of people questioning his ability to turn things around. He's in a tough place to come back from now - it's obvious now that a sizeable percentage of our fanbase have lost patience with paying good money to watch the football being served up week in week out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Something needs to change otherwise this will happen again Tuesday

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We left Elm Park once and were out of Berkshire before the final whistle.

I believe the game (possibly lost 4-0) got worse after we left.
My only proper memory of the day was my in car wireless system seemed to repeatedly play Mr Wendell.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you miss the Boxing Day 4-4 against Colchester? Paul Emblem hatrick

I stayed to the end at that game.

And I stayed to the end at Goldstone games.

Why? One reason alone. Ease of egress. As a kid I simply walked home along the Old Shoreham Road. At Gillingham, the crowds were 4000 max and my car was parked on a nearby street, and I live 20 minute's drive away. At Falmer I NEVER stay till the end, anymore, because it takes me an hour to get out of the car park, and anothet two to drive home.

I recall hundreds streaming out of Adams Park, Wycombe when the game was finely balanced, about 15 years ago, and found that very odd given the timing and small attendance and ease of egress, and recall being quite cross about this, so it is far from being a new phenomenon.

Something that was very different back in the day was arriving early. When I used to perch on the East Terrace, I would arrive about 1.30, so I could find a barrier to lean on (scoliosis) and there were plenty in the ground. The idea of taking my seat at the Amex at 1.30 is anathema. Especially for an evening kick off. Does anyone actually take their seat 90 minutes before KO these days?

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I switched of the stream after the 3rd goal and took the dog for a walk to calm down, yesterday's abysmal performance was the worst I can remember, ever. ****ing ruined a few relaxing days R&R away from home!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Did this happen so much back in the day? Recall getting beat 2-8 and seeing the game out, is it rose tinted or did people not get so upset with defeats back in the 70's/80's era?

A different dynamic at the moment. No real sense that the team can turn things around with energy, pace and dynamism. So inevitable really.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I stayed to the end at that game.

And I stayed to the end at Goldstone games.

Why? One reason alone. Ease of egress. As a kid I simply walked home along the Old Shoreham Road. At Gillingham, the crowds were 4000 max and my car was parked on a nearby street, and I live 20 minute's drive away. At Falmer I NEVER stay till the end, anymore, because it takes me an hour to get out of the car park, and anothet two to drive home.

I recall hundreds streaming out of Adams Park, Wycombe when the game was finely balanced, about 15 years ago, and found that very odd given the timing and small attendance and ease of egress, and recall being quite cross about this, so it is far from being a new phenomenon.

Something that was very different back in the day was arriving early. When I used to perch on the East Terrace, I would arrive about 1.30, so I could find a barrier to lean on (scoliosis) and there were plenty in the ground. The idea of taking my seat at the Amex at 1.30 is anathema. Especially for an evening kick off. Does anyone actually take their seat 90 minutes before KO these days?

So much easier to walk home...... We normally sit down 90 mins before KO but after a 2.5 hour drive if we don't get parked at Mill Hill an hour after opening its full..... Then it's a race across town to the race course.... So we time it to get there early rather than late......

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
First time in my 25 odd years of supporting the Albion that I did actually leave early (80 mins). My son had just got back home from his school trip to Italy for a week and I knew being back home with him was far more important to me than doing my usual ‘staying to the bitter end’ of an Albion match. It’s a hard pill to swallow, but we genuinely deserve to be relegated this season.
If we can’t find a performance and result on Tuesday then we are all but gone from the Premier League. And deservedly so.
I’m clinging onto hope that we can be that free flowing, fast passing/moving team that we actually can be once again.
Please lads. Please. Dig in and show us what you’re really about. I quite like this Premier League lark, and I didn’t think I would.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Been going for 24 years and yesterday was the first time I have walked out early. Left as soon as the third goal went in. I hope it does send a strong message to the players when people walked out. I'll admit I'm usually one of these people that cant stand people leaving at eighty mins just to go and get in a train queue or whatever, but yesterday I felt the whole stadium should have emptied after that display. Any sympathisers on here who bang on about, the old days or Withdean or the Goldstone and how we should just be thankful every week for being where we are... give your heads a wobble. If we dont pick up we are going straight back down, if we stay up and do this every year, that is not progress. Yes we had some dark days, I remember them I was there and we are in a far better position now than we were then, but seriously if were not trying to improve year on year then what is even the point?

The team didnt deserve any applause at the end and I certainly didnt feel like wasting any more of my time waiting to give it to them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here