Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing when Andone was subbed

Stumpy Tim

But it was obvious it was the first of 2 quick subs and that we were about to go 2 upfront.
Jose was clearly the next to come on and it was obvious that Locadia would then go upfront.
These were the right subs imo - no idea why fans booed them.

Well clearly it wasn't obvious to everyone. Why not make both subs at once?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
QUOTE=Guinness Boy;8860987]True but the point stands. I don’t think anyone counted our fans individually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Might have been possible from the 80th minute onwards :moo:
P1020716.jpg

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Well clearly it wasn't obvious to everyone. Why not make both subs at once?

Most managers make 1 sub at a time to only disrupt one position at once.
It was REALLY obvious this was going to happen - Jose was clearly about to come on as well.
Poor from North stand to boo a change to 442 when it was clearly needed.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
It was REALLY obvious this was going to happen - Jose was clearly about to come on as well.

Poor from the the other stands never having an opinion or starting a chant. Why single out the North?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
**** me, 30000 dissatisfied punters and you pick on someone because you recognise their coat and they had the balls to put their opinion out there on a radio show :facepalm:

Not picking on him mate, he just stands up after 5 minutes and starts on the players. I'm unfortunate enough to be in this morons vicinity. He's not the only one mind, we seem to attract them in WSU H block.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not picking on him mate, he just stands up after 5 minutes and starts on the players. I'm unfortunate enough to be in this morons vicinity. He's not the only one mind, we seem to attract them in WSU H block.

It's a game of opinions but the ones I'd be worried about at the moment are anyone happy clapping and thinking it'll all be fine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was so much to boo today and it truly was awful BUT I don't get why this sub was booed?
Andone had been awful and it was obvious at this time that we would be going 442 with Jose about to come on as well.
At that stage in the game switching to 2 upfront (Murray and Locadia) seemed the right thing to do for me. Murray holds the ball up better and can bring others into the game better (than Andone today at least).
Anyone able to explain why they booed this?

Andone was NOT awful. He did exactly what CH asked him to do; poach around the middle and wait for a class ball to feet.

We have as much chance of delivering one of those at the moment as I have of pulling a replica of the Syndey Opera House out my arse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yeah, but the north bood the player knocky kicked. Pathetic tribalism. The lad who sits next to me, who is the most blue and white tinted spec bloke I know was livid with knocky. The North was an embarrassment at that moment.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Because I'm talking about booing a sub that was an obvious one (of 2) to make - and the booing was from the North Stand.
It was not an obvious sub, why not just move Locadia in to the 2 where he belongs. If you have chosen Andone as your main striker but it’s not working why not change the supply? Izzy was warming up and a logical choice would have been to put him on the wing and move Locadia thereby only using 1 sub. Then if that doesn’t work you can swap in Murray for one of the two. Made no sense to me, but it is a matter of opinions. Actually was good to hear a range of views freely exchanged in the NS without acrimony.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should of just made a double sub then. Us in the North try to voice generate some noise, the others stands just sit and shake heads or clap.

Bollocks. Loads of noise in west upper. But, hey, I didn't realise it was competition. What prize does the winning stand get? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was not an obvious sub, why not just move Locadia in to the 2 where he belongs. If you have chosen Andone as your main striker but it’s not working why not change the supply? Izzy was warming up and a logical choice would have been to put him on the wing and move Locadia thereby only using 1 sub. Then if that doesn’t work you can swap in Murray for one of the two. Made no sense to me, but it is a matter of opinions. Actually was good to hear a range of views freely exchanged in the NS without acrimony.

I agree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I didn't boo. I don't condone (but understand at the same time) anyone who did - they're wearing the shirt FFS - but it wasn't all directed at Andone, he just happened to be the 'moment' as it was a generic disapproval of the car crash that was taking place in front of us.

(He was **** though)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here