Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stains fan In peace

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do like our pies, a lot of people do. Some don't, personal preference and all that. But you are the first person I've ever heard who complimented our burgers.

Really ? Burgers are pretty good.....way better than most other grounds. It’s just that the pies are even better.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I do like our pies, a lot of people do. Some don't, personal preference and all that. But you are the first person I've ever heard who complimented our burgers.

Honestly thought they were incredible ������*♂️

Am gutted I didn’t go for a piglets though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Hard to get a decent atmosphere when the team has played well twice at home all season.)

This. Fewest amount of shots on target too.

I've been to Saint Mary's a fair few times with a good mate who's southampton - it's much quieter than the Amex on average!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saints deserved to win the game. The negativity we showed until we went a goal down was beyond belief and I think that Hughton is 100% responsible for our defeat. Setting up not to lose against a team we could have gone six points clear of is totally unforgiveable to me. Play like that against Cardiff and we WILL lose. Letting a team gain confidence by sitting back in a home game and hoping to hit them on the break is such a risky strategy and it blew up in our faces yesterday. If we go down we can have no complaints, the manager carries the can for such a negative approach.

Still really pissed off with CH even after a night’s sleep.

I wasn’t there but I totally understand the fans going quiet. Pre match the noise was great and once we decided to start trying to score a goal the volume went up considerably. I bet the Saints fans thought Xmas had come early to be playing an away game aginst a team who showed zero ambition until we were losing.

I am willing to bet that Cardiff will make a much better fist of trying to win their game today, if they do I suggest we become favourites for the drop

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, that wasn’t pretty at all was it?
It was not.
Could say we were lucky. with the chance that created the goal as it was only because of a mistake by one of your players ( biosumma? ) that allowed us through.
We got what we deserved for being so slow going forward.
Without being a knob, and im not here to gloat or anything, but why was it so quiet yesterday? I’m on here quite a bit and thought you had quite a good home atmosphere from the NS and stuff?
Did you watch the game? We seem to be a place that needs something to cheer about, rather than one that'll make noise regardless. The North Stand makes some noise regardless, but the away fans are too far from them to hear it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It was not.
We got what we deserved for being so slow going forward.
Did you watch the game? We seem to be a place that needs something to cheer about, rather than one that'll make noise regardless. The North Stand makes some noise regardless, but the away fans are too far from them to hear it.

Yeah, i was central west upper and it certainly wasn't ever completely quiet. To be fair the saints fans we're pretty poor too for away fans considering their numbers. Only 1 very loud chant of go marching in after they scored, a handful of other quieter chants of the same couple of songs. Such a crap game though

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All fair points.......the atmosphere is in large part driven by what’s going on and were were just awful yesterday - worst home performance of the season. Looked very much like two crap, nervous teams and as you say one mistake led to the single goal.

Think we’ll both be ok but both squads need strengthening.

plus the ref was too good

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Saints deserved to win the game. The negativity we showed until we went a goal down was beyond belief and I think that Hughton is 100% responsible for our defeat. Setting up not to lose against a team we could have gone six points clear of is totally unforgiveable to me. Play like that against Cardiff and we WILL lose. Letting a team gain confidence by sitting back in a home game and hoping to hit them on the break is such a risky strategy and it blew up in our faces yesterday. If we go down we can have no complaints, the manager carries the can for such a negative approach.

Still really pissed off with CH even after a night’s sleep.

I wasn’t there but I totally understand the fans going quiet. Pre match the noise was great and once we decided to start trying to score a goal the volume went up considerably. I bet the Saints fans thought Xmas had come early to be playing an away game aginst a team who showed zero ambition until we were losing.

I am willing to bet that Cardiff will make a much better fist of trying to win their game today, if they do I suggest we become favourites for the drop

Hmmmmm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Streams give a better picture of what’s actually happening on the pitch. You get the replays and Saints were far more committed than us and won the vast majority of 50/50 balls as well as showing real intent when they did have the ball.

Dunk’s little hissy fit of throwing the ball down and looking sulky when things weren’t working out is not what you expect of your captain.

What were the benefits of actually being there rather than watching on a stream?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Draw would have been fair (I was there)....but football aint about being fair :)

Do you really think so? We were very poor but if you had got an equaliser yesterday I think I’d had left there more deflated than I already had.

Funny old game football, how people can view the game differently and opinions etc.
guess that’s partly why we love this stupid game.

We all Sunderland fans as well today?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you really think so? We were very poor but if you had got an equaliser yesterday I think I’d had left there more deflated than I already had.

Funny old game football, how people can view the game differently and opinions etc.
guess that’s partly why we love this stupid game.

We all Sunderland fans as well today?

yes ....draw..for all your play I can't remember Ryan making any saves of note ...a few defensive blocks maybe and yes when you broke you looked dangerous ...but Ings wasn't really on his game (just back from injury?)...Redmond really stood out we never like someone running directly at us ..but I didnt see that much of quality in the final third (from either side)

and lol re Sunderland :D

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What’s the biggest problem with your squad? Pace?
Was fully expecting Murray to score yesterday as he always does against us usually.
Seemed like he was showing his age for the first time I’ve seen him play..

All Chelsea today aren’t we
There are a number of problems which when added together result in repeated performances like yesterday this is not the first time this season we have been woeful.
1. Lack of pace is huge not just physical speed but our mental speed is also pedestrian so turning defence into attack is like plodding through porridge.
2. Our tactics are just too defensive but the jury is out whether this is players or coaching but it's clear there is a clear defend first attitude.
3. We have no real leaders in team, there is no one to push the team on when things aren't going right, kayal is probably the closest but doesn't play much.
4. Our finishing is woeful so even when we create chances we rarely bury them, much as it pains me to say it Glenn is now struggling most games but we don't have a decent (fit) replacement.
5. New/youth players take 7 years to be blooded into the first team so I think so players are simply too comfortable they need to be looking over their shoulder and producing every week through fear of losing their place.
6. Pace yes again the single biggest factor for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because much like our friends up the road, our fans 'think' we have a great atmosphere.

Once or twice a season we unite and they are correct the atmosphere at the AMEX becomes nerve tingling.
Sadly though, for the rest of the season, it's very much like yesterday, mostly silent, never united, always incomprehensible, plus the Bissouma song.

I was in the little disabled are for Leicester last season (right next to the away fans) after my knee op. From there all you can hear is the away fans. I could see that the North and West were singing from time to time owing to the arms in the air and the goldfish impersonations, but you couldn't hear a great deal. Something to do with the acoustics. I though were our usual selves yesterday for the most part, and it always sounds pretty decent in West Upper, north of the half way line.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Great photo of God’s own stadium.

As for yesterday, it was entirely predictable that both players and fans were distracted with talk of the Semi Final (and weighed-down with merch purchases from the shop).

Hopefully we will put it right in other home games and I would like to think that we’ll both meet again in the right division next year.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If you read my posts in this thread you’ll see I have agreed with that and been pretty critical of our fans both at your place yesterday and even at st marys.

We were ok for the first 10/15 then for about 5 after we have scored, then you turned on the pressure and we soon shut up

Maybe it wasn't a very good game?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What’s the biggest problem with your squad? Pace?
Was fully expecting Murray to score yesterday as he always does against us usually.
Seemed like he was showing his age for the first time I’ve seen him play..

All Chelsea today aren’t we

You have a quality centre midfield, with all the attributes we lack. Ward-Prowse and Armstrong ran the match, both 8 or 9 out of 10. You’re lucky to have them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here