Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dreadful.

Heard CH say so many times post match, it gets boring, how we'll learn from our mistakes/bad games. What did we learn going into today? Because if that is what we have learnt we are sleepwalking into relegation. Another awful performance to stick into the Premier League locker. We are now staring the possibility of three defeats in a week, what a great morale booster that would be. But, we will have learnt, we always learn but never do anything about it. What is the point, certainly for home games, not starting until we are trailing? What is the point? Utterly disappointed.

Rating: 2/10, being generous.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yay, we sent Pritchard down.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Wish I had your confidence. We have lost at home to 2 teams below us. We really should be looking like we can at least compete at their level.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

It's not like they did much except score from our cock up, draw would have been fair, that's competing I think?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m 100% convinced the team practice zero attacking patterns in training during the week .

As soon as we win the ball no one has a ****ing clue where to go , or what they should be doing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If we don't all the signs are there that we will be next seasons Huddersfield we are absolutely rubbish. It actually hurts to watch us at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep.

And the worst thing is how predictable it all is. I fully expect us to start the first match of next season with a front 6 of:

Knockaert, Propper, Stephens, March;
Gross;
Murray.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I’m 100% convinced the team practice zero attacking patterns in training during the week .

As soon as we win the ball no one has a ****ing clue where to go , or what they should be doing .

Add zero crossing and zero heading to that...if that's the case perhaps we focus on defending...hard to believe though watching that performance

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's not like they did much except score from our cock up, draw would have been fair, that's competing I think?

They didn’t do much apart from everything better in all departments and win

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Got to hope Andone is back. Muzza suddenly starts looking his age. Need Florin's pace

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Cardiff will watch that and think they have a massive chance of beating us, easily. They will turn up and be in our faces, bullying us. They will beat us, and I can only see us picking up a couple more points this season. Newcastle and Bournemouth, they've nothing to play for and our biggest chance and getting over the line.
Players should be embarrassed about today, that was utterly shameful.

Hysterical nonsense:lolol: It was only the last game where everybody was happy at beating Palace away.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
I am still trying to work out our tactics today. For a hour we committed no more than two players forward. Then we put Duffy up front! There are so many options in between. It's like we only have Plan A and Plan Z but nothing in between. Love Chris but feel he let us down today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hysterical nonsense:lolol: It was only the last game where everybody was happy at beating Palace away.

That is history, and of course we're happy, whoever we beat. Did you watch that dross today? Are you trying to defend it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is a point on the pitch 5 to 10 yards short of the 18 yard line, and about 5 or 10 yards in from the touchline (well, two points actually - one on the left and one on the right). Other teams from this point ping across a cross, usually aimed just beyond the fay post, and far enough out to put the GK in two minds about whether to try and come for it. This sometimes (quite often really) results in a goal. Just watch Trent Arnold or Robertson doing this for Liverpool, or Tavener for Rangers.

Without fail, however, when any of our players get to this point, they immediately turn round and pass it back to someone in the centre circle. Strangely, this doesn't lead to scoring a goal. Can't imagine why...........

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Got to hope Andone is back. Muzza suddenly starts looking his age. Need Florin's pace

How the hell did we think our strike force didn't need improving last January?

In the 25 years I've supported this club, why do we always end up with a shit strike-force? Bobby amora, Murray, Forster, Knight (for one season) and Virgo have been our only success stories upfront in that time. and now our strike force in the Prem isn't as good as it was when we were in league one. Thats so typical us.

The recruitment team needs improving (fast) and Bloom's going to have to splash some cash this summer on strikers (if we stay up). We're down to just 2 strikers. One is 35 years old, the other has barely played. Why are we on such a tight budget upfront? Reminds me of the Withdean days when we didn't have enough players to suit all the positions hence Virgo going upfront.

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not a lot. Neither did they. It was a poor game.

Today I can honestly say I am embarrassed by that performance.

Why on Earth do we stand back and respect teams like Stains?
I would love to see us really have a go at teams at home.It worked V Man U and for the last 20 minutes today.

Several of that team do not deserve to play next week. Midfield was absent.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You could be on to something there. Maybe TB gets a pay day and we get some PL quality over the summer. iF we survive.

OH forgot to add the only positive if there is one today .... the results mean Hudds are now officially goners .... maybe it was all a fix to get rid of them first .. only excuse I can think of

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here