Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains on 6th April Brighton - Three Bridges. ENGINEERING WORK POSTPONED, TRAINS RUNNING AS NORMAL

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
3) - Sneaky alternative? - Wembley Stadium - Marleybone - London Bridge - Brighton

the Wembley Stadium - Marylebone route im told is generally better to get to and from Wembley. Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, Victoria line to Vic is quick (cross platforms at the interchange). Or stay on Bakerloo for Embankment then Blackfriars for the Thameslink. be aware Wembley Central is further from the ground, though with Southern trains running to Clapham suits journey to Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And the club - pretty sure that there was a conversation.....

Maybe, maybe not. Ditto the Argus headlines. Judging by the high-fiving between Network Rail and GTR in their news release, I strongly suspect they saw the rare chance of generating some rare positive publicity. And I for one don't begrudge them it one little bit. On this occasion, they've played a blinder! :clap2:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
TL to Farringdon > tube to Baker St (or direct to Wembley Park on metro) > 5 min walk to Marlyebone > train to Wembley stadium.
Don’t be tempted to use the Jubilee Line direct as it takes forever.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Network Rail got so carried away - they even designed a Sammy Seagull/train maintenance cross over thing.

sammyseagull.jpeg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
When I’ve done the return journey for Englang games my preferred route is:
Wembley Stadium - Marylebone - Victoria - Brighton
Rationale...fastest route to Marylebone, then either tube or taxi if running late to get the Brighton train. Plus lots of places to go for a post match meal and drinks around Marylebone and adjacent areas.

On the way up, if it’s a good day, I walk and do a pub crawl to Marylebone.

the Wembley Stadium - Marylebone route im told is generally better to get to and from Wembley. Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, Victoria line to Vic is quick (cross platforms at the interchange). Or stay on Bakerloo for Embankment then Blackfriars for the Thameslink. be aware Wembley Central is further from the ground, though with Southern trains running to Clapham suits journey to Brighton.

Cheers ... Wembley Stadium looks the simplest but could be rammed with most BHA wanting back to the coast and only 2 trains an hour? Think I'm leaning towards North Wembley (4 trains an hour) and back down ... maps says it's a 1.3 mile hike. Difficult one ... will probably end up following the masses on the evening :(

Bubble

Jan 9, 2017
Woodingdean
Makes you wonder why they scheduled the work in the first place ???

I seem to remember they lay on extra trains for the big games at Wembley Stadium station. No doubt we’ll have more info nearer the time. The good news is a major headache has been avoided with the Brighton to London line running normally.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am sure you will all join with me to thank Chris Grayling for sorting this out, well played sir!

said no one ever, and sure he had no affect on this at all.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Cheers ... Wembley Stadium looks the simplest but could be rammed with most BHA wanting back to the coast and only 2 trains an hour? Think I'm leaning towards North Wembley (4 trains an hour) and back down ... maps says it's a 1.3 mile hike. Difficult one ... will probably end up following the masses on the evening :(

There will certainly be more than 2 trains an hour from Wembley Stadium back to Marylebone.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
There will certainly be more than 2 trains an hour from Wembley Stadium back to Marylebone.

Is that a guess or in the know?

I was thinking of taking the coach but for the 3 of us it would cost £66, whilst taking the train will cost £23! (Plus a £10 taxi at 3 bridges home). So I'm swaying towards trains.

Looking at it I'm thinking of this:

1.30 ish - Three Bridges to London Victoria -> Victoria to Green Park, then switch to the Jubilee Line and take that all the way to Wembley Park. Get there around 3.30 ish

On way back (based on the above suggestions):
19.54 Wembley Stadium to Marylebone, then switch to underground onto (20.30?) Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, switch then to Victoria line to Victoria for (either 21:06 or 21:16) train to 3 Bridges.

Question is, if miss the 19:54 train out of Wembley Stadium, the next one (officially) is like 20:18? So is there more trains? I guess most Man City fans will be taking the Wembley Park route won't they?

It's either the above or use Wembley Central on the Bakerloo line - I guess it depends on the day on how busy it all looks!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looking at it I'm thinking of this:

Three Bridges to London Victoria -> Victoria to Green Park, then switch to the Jubilee Line and take that all the way to Wembley Park.

I certainly wouldn't take the Jubilee all the way to Wembley - there's about a million stops. You'd be better off getting to Baker Street and picking up the Metropolitan.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm trying to buy train tickets but in both my app and the trainline website it still shows the Three Bridges disruption, so shows the long-way-round route.

I'm looking to buy 3x "Super duper off peak returns" for £38.. Does anyone know if these are via any route and any train?

Chickenrunner

Jul 26, 2004
After match thinking Wembley Central to Clapham Junction via Willesden Junction for connection to sussex by the sea. Reasonable call?

I think Wembley Central to Clapham Junction is closed for engineering works. Trains between Marylebone and Wembley Stadium will be running eveyry 10-15 minutes ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here