Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Supposedly he is keen to join and obviously if the player was staying in Belgium over the weekend (wedding etc) he was never going to sign immediately. It is probably more of a case of the agent returning to Trossard with the Brighton offer and then negotiate from there.. I would have imagined in normal circumstances both player and agent would have traveled but his wedding would have taken priority..

Disappointing that his agent is feeding this journalist with updates on status of negotiations. Smacks of trying to flush out other suitors.

Fingers crossed we don't get gazumped.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Disappointing that his agent is feeding this journalist with updates on status of negotiations. Smacks of trying to flush out other suitors.

Fingers crossed we don't get gazumped.

Or maybe by just saying returned without agreement in place it lets the conspiracy theorists begin...Id imagine its more to do with wedding scenario and hopefully all will be resolved in coming days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can’t believe wages are a stumbling block ?

Surely there would have been some kind of agreement before his agent even got on the plane/train ?

Probably all going to plan but memories of Norwich and Burnley gazumping us at the last minute on players who were all but signed, live long. We are not the biggest payers so the threat of a gazump will be there until he signs.

This signing seems to be playing played out in much more detail than normally happens too (not from the Albion, of course though)

I wonder if a loan for Percy to Genk is part of the deal?

Last edited:

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Won't happen for a while - not enough pages on this thread. Won't sign til it beats Ali J.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have to admire how we stick to the wage structure in a way. Teams that do rarely stay in the Prem for long though.

It's a nightmare really. 18m gets you a risk these days.

Makes the Matt Clarke business look an incredible bit of business.

Hoping this one happens but if not , we move on

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry to be a moan again but just because there were 3rd party tweets of an alleged Arsenal offer, doesn’t mean there was and certainly doesn’t mean he turned them down...

Well yes. The only credible reporting of Arsenal interest is the agent sharing confirmation that Arsenal were scouting him (Arsenal, like everyone else scout a lot of players and it’s in the interest of the agent and the player to have stories written that this is the case - ie: puts his price up - and thus more ££)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Except for the fact that he played on the wing for PSV as well as in the striker role.
Did he?

If that is the case I find it hard to believe he played as what we see as a 'by-line & cross' winger.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If he's as good as the papers are making out, I think our wage structure will make it hard to get this one over the line. The clubs agreeing a fee means very little. Fingers crossed, but we're small fry salary-wise.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hmmmm, so basically if we don't stump up the wages he'll go to Villa. I suppose it wouldn't be classed as a gazumping as it would be our choice to not pay extortionate wages?

Or just that a player with a £18m fee, an agent , and one who had his wedding on Saturday night, is moving to live in the UK and play in the Premier League for the first time, might not necessarily be able to wrap up the personal details of a four year contract where he's potentially paid millions of pounds a year in one conversation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he's as good as the papers are making out, I think our wage structure will make it hard to get this one over the line. The clubs agreeing a fee means very little. Fingers crossed, but we're small fry salary-wise.

In which case, how we have managed to sign any player in the last two years ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here