Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomori

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just caught up with the Villa/Derby highlights today. Tomori was awful. Looked like an athlete given a tryout at football for the first time. No positional sense, never made a header or effective interception. Built like a modern day athletic footballer, but just not very good. I don't think we'd be interested again and rightly so. One boot upfield eventually made the goal for the pedants out there, but he's a defender and really didn't look good at it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He's a walking yellow card- always lunges in to the challenge. I think he's got a bit about him and could improve with age but no, we should be nowhere near him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just caught up with the Villa/Derby highlights today. Tomori was awful. Looked like an athlete given a tryout at football for the first time. No positional sense, never made a header or effective interception. Built like a modern day athletic footballer, but just not very good. I don't think we'd be interested again and rightly so. One boot upfield eventually made the goal for the pedants out there, but he's a defender and really didn't look good at it.

But he once played for the Albion so he must be signed immediately.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have you been watching him all season? If not, bit premature to right him off based on one game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazing how this opinion differs from the one on the ‘singing today’ thread... but an opinion none the less. I’m definitely on the fence we Tomori - and [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], although I get your irony, it’s been proven players who have played for you before have a much higher possibility of coming back - see Sidwell, BZ, Hammond and Ulloa off the top of my head... and Crofty, Benno etc etc and that’s just recently...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazing how this opinion differs from the one on the ‘singing today’ thread... but an opinion none the less. I’m definitely on the fence we Tomori - and [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], although I get your irony, it’s been proven players who have played for you before have a much higher possibility of coming back - see Sidwell, BZ, Hammond and Ulloa off the top of my head... and Crofty, Benno etc etc and that’s just recently...

Its no wonder half the posters on here are completely devoid of any transfer imagination.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Its no wonder half the posters on here are completely devoid of any transfer imagination.

pria-berpikir.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I’m paying for Juan Mata - because it wasn’t a guess wannabe ITK post in here and was more likely a bullshit made up newspaper article... but at least it’s not a wannabe itk person on here...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m paying for Juan Mata - because it wasn’t a guess wannabe ITK post in here and was more likely a bullshit made up newspaper article... but at least it’s not a wannabe itk person on here...

You must have a good job...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Daily Mail made that one up.

Would fit as a signing but I should imagine he would want more than our wage structure allows.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The whole Championship vs Premiership thing is that many players look OK or better in the Championshipbut don't look anywhere near good enough in the Prem. That's why we already have a squad that is 10 yards ahead of Norwich, Sheff U and Arsetown Vanilla.

TNBA

TTF

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Something just screams Rohan Ince again to me. But could be wrong. Wish him the best of luck. Keep hearing good things about him but the 3 or 4 times saw him this season he was dire.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Have you been watching him all season? If not, bit premature to right him off based on one game.

Indeed.

I have been watching him quite a bit this season, and been following his progress for a while. Looks absolutely FULL of potential to me. You don't ever get Player of the Year by having a bad season. The guy has pace to get him out of trouble, but has been relying on that less and less as his all round game has improved. If you think at 21, you will have the fully polished finished article, then you will be searching for a long time, and when you find that player, you can bet we can't afford him.

Without serious injury hampering his development, then, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't carve out a very solid Premier League career for himself.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I like Tomori, He still dives in a bit too much for my liking and gets dragged into areas I don't want to see him in, but to be honest if someone said we had signed him for 15 million I would be thrilled.

Still a very young man and will continue to get better.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thought he looked VERY promising whilst with us... on that basis, get him in...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Liked him when he was with us. Don't think he looked great for Derby - a team completely unable to defend against a cross. Sure, he's not a bad player - but look how Knockaert ripped the Championship to shreds (and still could). Some people have already forgotten that it's a considerable step up in standard.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
To be honest I don't think we can assess player ability based on the last season, hard to play running the wrong way.
Next season will be more of an eye opener and I bet the players are looking forward to it as well.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I like Tomori, He still dives in a bit too much for my liking and gets dragged into areas I don't want to see him in, but to be honest if someone said we had signed him for 15 million I would be thrilled.

Still a very young man and will continue to get better.

I like him too and would be happy to see him back, but not for 15m. 5m and I'd be thrilled, but 15?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here