Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Or could say one of the reasons that we struggled in The Premier.

He has better PL stats than ANY of the other wingers we have, so that is nonsense...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't be silly. It SLAMMED shut as soon as we lost on Saturday and when we do sign more players it will be because PB has read NSC and suddenly realised his complacency.

No need to link it to yesterday, we knew once Gross was signed (no cover), Muzza started to show his age (no real cover), and Bruno retired (no cover for Montoya)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hope the reason is that we are delaying our final signature for a day or so in order to announce a signing at the same time.

I do too, but do we do that?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't be silly. It SLAMMED shut as soon as we lost on Saturday and when we do sign more players it will be because PB has read NSC and suddenly realised his complacency.

Do you really believe that Paul Barber reads NSC? and even if he does, takes any notice of it's content? I don't.

I was once told by Charlie Oatway that Gus had banned the players from reading it. I can't believe that much has changed.

el punal

GP could turn the players into a mid-table outfit, but I'm not sure it'll be all that easy.

Of course it won’t be. Tony Bloom has taken an absolutely massive but well researched gamble. Stick with safe, conservative Chris Hughton and scrape the necessary points through dour defensive displays which ultimately had proved unpopular, and in the latter months of last season almost disastrous, or, go with an upcoming, ambitious but unproven Graham Potter. Potter, who was selected because of his ambitious, expansive style of football with Ostersunds and Swansea.

This will turn into either a Gus Poyet type of groundbreaking success story when he arrived at the Albion, or the abysmal disaster of Sami Hyypia of four something months with just 3 wins. We await with interest and hope.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So far he’s had 2 runs of 4 starts - pre Asia Cup and last April

Last April was a bad time but I wonder about pre-Asian, before Dec 26th or after. Wasn't it Xmas and after when the wheels came off?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you really believe that Paul Barber reads NSC? and even if he does, takes any notice of it's content? I don't.

I was once told by Charlie Oatway that Gus had banned the players from reading it. I can't believe that much has changed.

I believe that the club do have somebody to monitor it but not PB or his equivalent,possibly Insider or somebody he appoints.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I am one of those who believe the current squad is not strong enough to survive and have been feeling pretty negative about the coming season. But I am going to try straw clutching for a bit today, until shot down on here. The sacking of CH was far from universally accepted amongst the fan base and the selling of AK is going to also generate a lot of negative vibes towards the club, particularly if it is the price quoted and Barber continues to moan about inflated prices. So I would like to think that the club are going to release some positive news at a similar time to lift the fan base, and by positive news I don't mean a womens or development signing but a proper first team player. He hoping.

I moan about the price of beer, do i buy it Yes of course i do !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I believe that the club do have somebody to monitor it but not PB or his equivalent,possibly Insider or somebody he appoints.

Yes, it is monitored but, I'm sure, the points made are largely ignored...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I moan about the price of beer, do i buy it Yes of course i do !

Yes, but does your bonus depend on you not spending too much on beer?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Of course it won’t be. Tony Bloom has taken an absolutely massive but well researched gamble. Stick with safe, conservative Chris Hughton and scrape the necessary points through dour defensive displays which ultimately had proved unpopular, and in the latter months of last season almost disastrous, or, go with an upcoming, ambitious but unproven Graham Potter. Potter, who was selected because of his ambitious, expansive style of football with Ostersunds and Swansea.

This will turn into either a Gus Poyet type of groundbreaking success story when he arrived at the Albion, or the abysmal disaster of Sami Hyypia of four something months with just 3 wins. We await with interest and hope.

Absolutely right.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Done deal, press release sent out under embargo apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here