Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this the slowest transfer window yet?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The Albion’s transfer team are incredible at keeping secrets.

Just 20 days to go, circa £50m to spend on fees and the Argus/NSC ITK’s, haven’t a clue as to which first team signings will be signing for us.

Or maybe they haven't got any secrets to keep?

More likely we're the bottom of the food chain and just have to bide our time until the bigger fish are done

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

More likely we're the bottom of the food chain and just have to bide our time until the bigger fish are done
Giving one of our best attacking players away means we are net up 1 CB. Hardly an area of weakness. Hardly inspiring

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really got to get moving now... time to settle new players in IS important...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I mean the excuses and the reasoning behind not getting signings in have been laid out VERY early this season. I'll be shocked to see anything more substantial in just based on the interviews we've see over the last week or so.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I mean the excuses and the reasoning behind not getting signings in have been laid out VERY early this season. I'll be shocked to see anything more substantial in just based on the interviews we've see over the last week or so.

Sir, what a great place you live for music !!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

For TB to have the confidence (he really needs PL broadcasting income, to prevent the Albion resuming service as a money pit), to sell one of our least poor creators with 20 days to go, might suggest that creative players are about to be signed.

Praying that’s the case.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For TB to have the confidence (he really needs PL broadcasting income, to prevent the Albion resuming service as a money pit), to sell one of our least poor creators with 20 days to go, might suggest that creative players are about to be signed.

Praying that’s the case.

Let's hope you're right. As much as I want the dud purchases of the last 2 seasons to make miraculous improvements, I don't really believe Potter is a wizard. We're going to need to make 2 or 3 really shrewd purchases to give ourselves a decent chance of avoiding the trap door methinks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dullest window ever but I refuse to believe that we will not be signing some quality players before the window shuts. We will quite possibly squeeze them through the window as it’s shutting though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2-3 more signings for sure - that's a striker and a right back, and maybe a central midfielder.

I think we are struggling with how to split the budget for these 3 - if we fill 2 of the 3 positions, then the 3rd one has to be bargain budget ?

Any Knockaert fee clearly will help this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'Any Knockaert fee clearly will help this'.....................heard it was a season long loan, followed by £10m ?
Every little? loan fee helps - maybe gives the striker target an extra 20k per week ? Which could be funded with the sale fee going forward ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Every little? loan fee helps - maybe gives the striker target an extra 20k per week ? Which could be funded with the sale fee going forward ?

My POV is if is a loan to buy then we are definitely mugs... they obviously want him, so let them pay the (extortionate) market rate, or no sale...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are mugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My POV is if is a loan to buy then we are definitely mugs... they obviously want him, so let them pay the (extortionate) market rate, or no sale...

As I've seen mentioned elsewhere (the Knocky thread?) the loan with an option to buy is perhaps a hedge in case we get relegated - in which case we don't sell and keep our Championship-destroying winger for our season in the Championship.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As I've seen mentioned elsewhere (the Knocky thread?) the loan with an option to buy is perhaps a hedge in case we get relegated - in which case we don't sell and keep our Championship-destroying winger for our season in the Championship.
I can’t decide whether that’s smart business sense or seriously lacking in ambition?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The ONLY reason for the loan to perm at end of season will be to help Fulham satisfy FFP rules.

£4m loan fee versus £14m transfer. Simple really.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

If they (Fulham) have the option to buy, then how can we get him back? It will be their decision on whether they exercise their option; we won't have a say. That's how it works, not the other way around, I believe?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we don't sign a centre midfielder, a Striker and someone who can play the Gross role, then I do believe we have cocked up on not fixing the problems of last season.

RB?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here