Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dead Man falls from sky in Clapham...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Desperate indeed - but it's a bit odd though - presumably he didn't realise he would be at 30,000 feet, without much oxygen, and in freezing temperatures, or he wouldn't have done it, as the chances of survival were zero.

Apparently others have lived through exactly this unusual method of travelling before today.

God knows how.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, I 100 percent do not understand what you mean. The word stowaway was correctly used in the correct context. What word would you use ?

What word would I use? Right now I’d use the word obtuse.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

"The society brunette, 32, ran her hand through her luxurious tresses and made her way to the bottom of the beautifully landscaped, substantial garden in her £2.3 million detached Edwardian property in the sought-after south west London enclave of Clapham, popular with monied overseas investors and royalty alike. Flaunting her enviable curves in a figure-hugging £899 caramel coloured strappy dress from Stella McCartney, teamed with matching fawn coloured 3" heels (£1299, Jimmy Choo) and a rare Thierry LaCroix handbag in cappucino with rose gold detail, the Benenden-educated beauty put on an eye-popping display as she pointed out the damaged slates.

'It's just terribly hard to believe this kind of thing could happen round here, rather than in, say, Brentford", she reflected. "Those slates were only laid down six weeks ago, and we had them hand made by an artisan stone-mason in mid Wales. The artificial turf will have to be relaid too now, as there seems to be some sort of crease in it. It's just so very sad- we're desperately hoping they still have the same colour stone in stock'.

The stowaway is thought to have originated from Kenya."

Not bad, but you forgot to:
– Blame Jeremy Corbyn and the BBC.
– Weave in a topical reference to Wimbledon and/or Love Island.
– Add a comment from Piers Morgan saying this would never happen if Donald Trump was running our country.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Not bad, but you forgot to:
– Blame Jeremy Corbyn and the BBC.
– Weave in a topical reference to Wimbledon and/or Love Island.
– Add a comment from Piers Morgan saying this would never happen if Donald Trump was running our country.

-And a picture of Princess Diana looking coy.
-A pull out and keep of Royal baby pictures...when oh when will these brown people stop freezing themselves to death and throwing themselves within, literally, 30 miles of Prince George’s Pre-School?
- a column by Richard Littlejohn complaining how remainers are stuffing dirt poor Africans into plane undercarriages to derail Boris.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
i think the point is extremely important. they take the risk because they misjudge it, not realizing they will be frozen/asphyxiated and never make the journey. it highlights contemptible security standards in some places while we have draconian security theater elsewhere.

To reply a couple of points the Russian jet explosion about four years ago in Egypt killing all lead to a bomb placed on board at the airport by persons unknown,don't buy that as only certain people had access to that aircraft and just reckon if someone like FBI/The Met etc collars would have been pulled by now. Second i would like say a newspaper (if you can call them that) have two/three reporters dressed as building site employees (plenty of workmen at any airport) wearing all the H and S stuff,fake I/D etc and let's see how far they would get aircraft side ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Even add a woman as site manager to this set up. Who blink,s a lid to a woman chippy,sparks,plumbing etc anymore.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let’s hope hope that this story is spread far and wide throughout Kenya and the surrounding places and pray it deters people from doing this, apart from the stowaway who lost his life thank god no one on the ground was injured or worse killed!!!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Weave in a topical reference to Wimbledon

Not that his ultimate destination makes much difference to this unfortunate chap, but can you even begin to imagine the furore had he landed in the middle of Centre Court during a live broadcast?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Let’s hope hope that this story is spread far and wide throughout Kenya and the surrounding places and pray it deters people from doing this, apart from the stowaway who lost his life thank god no one on the ground was injured or worse killed!!!!

Unfortunately, it has happened before, although not all from Kenya. A quick Google search will show one in 2015, and another in 2012.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...en-clapham-kenya-airways-flight-a8983671.html

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not that his ultimate destination makes much difference to this unfortunate chap, but can you even begin to imagine the furore had he landed in the middle of Centre Court during a live broadcast?

I'm sure Cliff Richard could have saved the day by belting out a few of his classics - We Don't Talk Anymore, Summer Holiday, Daddy's Home etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously what happened to the stowaway is horrific but having a frozen corpse fall from the sky abd land a metre away from you and then splat all over you, your garden, your walls, and your fence has got to be so beyond traumatic it is ridiculous. How many hours of therapy will that take to get over??

No splat. He smashed a dent in a concrete path and bounced some distance. He was presumably frozen solid. The poor sod.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Kenya is quite a safe country.

Madness for an economic migrant to take such risks.

Horrible way to go and a horrible thing for the witness to see.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I used to live in Nairobi. I once did not have my yellow fever certificate to go to S.Africa, another time my passport was out of date. Both times I got through with ahem a little monetary persuasion.

I have worked out of Nairobi airport many times, spent a month there once we ( The RAF ) never trusted the local security and always carried 3 armed RAF Police who would guard the aircraft at night, daytime was not so much of a problem, as engineers we always done thorough checks of the aircraft for stowaways and IED's..on landing all panels which could have a bomb inserted were locked and sealed with a tamper seal, larger areas ( Undercarriage bays ) were checked by us.....Local security ( if they were awake ) were very slack and easily bought with left over in flight catering.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I have worked out of Nairobi airport many times, spent a month there once we ( The RAF ) never trusted the local security and always carried 3 armed RAF Police who would guard the aircraft at night, daytime was not so much of a problem, as engineers we always done thorough checks of the aircraft for stowaways and IED's..on landing all panels which could have a bomb inserted were locked and sealed with a tamper seal, larger areas ( Undercarriage bays ) were checked by us.....Local security ( if they were awake ) were very slack and easily bought with left over in flight catering.

Why DO those lads at ISIS bother with all the suicide bombing.

Surely Allah can direct them to Nairobi airport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here