Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Just 677 tickets remaining in west upper. Around 200 tickets been sold already today. Might just be a sell out for home fans. Great effort.

587 left in Upper West as of noon - tickets selling at a consistent 40 per hour . Expect a massive surge to about 60 an hour over lunch for two hours . So by 6pm there will be around 300 left - maybe 200 by midnight . Should sell the last ticket at about 2pm tomorrow . That ll be the guy right at the back !

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The BBC will still compare it to our last league attendance (Liverpool record crowd) and declare it down by X% and that cup losing its magic !

That and the usual noise about how many changes made to the team !!

The FA Cup is dead. There is now a genaration that looks down on it.
I'm going because the tickets are cheap. Which also reflects the fact the FA cup lost it's magic years ago.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I sit in the North and can testify that when the West Stand Upper get going, they make a great noise.

Against Liverpool (at times) and Sheff Wednesday playoff semi they were truly fantastic.

However apart from those occasions i don't really hear them, which I assume is due to the aforementioned stadium acoustics.

Tickets are now off sale to West Brom fans via their website. At the last look there was just over 300 available from south stand blocks B to G. H and I were available but never released. I predict that H and I blocks will end up being the sterile area and the currrent sterile area (southern half of S1A) will be released to home fans.

The 300 odd West Brom didn’t sell in G block should be more than enough to satisfty demand from POTG punters.

In the home stands, apart from a few single W/C seats in the lower tier there are just over 500 tickets in the WSU. I really think the club should open at some some more of W1A immedaitely as currently a fan who wants a ticket on a lower tier, be it for preference or health/mobility issues does not have an option.

Currently unsold are about 850 from West Broms oriignal 4300 allocation and about 650 from the unopned areas (W1A and the shelf) and about 550 unsold tickets that are currently on sale.

These figures point on a attendance if sales stop now of 28700. Quite fabulous, but means we should bust 29k

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Tickets are now off sale to West Brom fans via their website. At the last look there was just over 300 available from south stand blocks B to G. H and I were available but never released. I predict that H and I blocks will end up being the sterile area and the currrent sterile area (southern half of S1A) will be released to home fans.

The 300 odd West Brom didn’t sell in G block should be more than enough to satisfty demand from POTG punters.

In the home stands, apart from a few single W/C seats in the lower tier there are just over 500 tickets in the WSU. I really think the club should open at some some more of W1A immedaitely as currently a fan who wants a ticket on a lower tier, be it for preference or health/mobility issues does not have an option.

Currently unsold are about 850 from West Broms oriignal 4300 allocation and about 650 from the unopned areas (W1A and the shelf) and about 550 unsold tickets that are currently on sale.

These figures point on a attendance if sales stop now of 28700. Quite fabulous, but means we should bust 29k

Tickets no longer available to home fans either on club website!!

Tickets no longer available to home fans either on club website!!

Well they sure are now. At no point in the last few days have I not been able to buy a ticket.

Maybe a post like ‘I can’t seem to buy a ticket now’ and a reason given might be more constructive than saying they are no longer available. You could have deterred someone from buying.....

The latest communication from the club gives a link to buy online and explains they are available tomorrow too, allbeit at a £5 premium

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...re-match-brief-albion-v-west-bromwich-albion/

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ive just checked tickets are currently still on sale. There is no problem buying tickets for the game tomorrow. Fill your boots.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Well they sure are now. At no point in the last few days have I not been able to buy a ticket.

Maybe a post like ‘I can’t seem to buy a ticket now’ and a reason given might be more constructive than saying they are no longer available. You could have deterred someone from buying.....

The latest communication from the club gives a link to buy online and explains they are available tomorrow too, allbeit at a £5 premium

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...re-match-brief-albion-v-west-bromwich-albion/

My Mistake.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
366 left in WSU - still going at a precise rate of 40 an hour !! Brighton Ticket Team take a bow - you've pitched the whole thing exactly right . There'll be a few tomorrow and we should break the 29,000 barrier

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Well done BHA. Spot on. Would love them to price the same regardless of opposition and round in every cup competition. Give it back to the people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well done BHA. Spot on. Would love them to price the same regardless of opposition and round in every cup competition. Give it back to the people.

Nah - it would have been spot on if they'd opened all areas of the ground at the same time. I know a few people who are annoyed they bought lower tier and then looked on in dismay as the upper tiers were opened one by one.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Nah - it would have been spot on if they'd opened all areas of the ground at the same time. I know a few people who are annoyed they bought lower tier and then looked on in dismay as the upper tiers were opened one by one.

Okay yes I agree with you as I said earlier on in the thread. Pricing spot on, tier opening - must do better. Overall 8/10.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

You should have warned em [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] !

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Exactly - why annoy the thousands of loyal fans who wanted their own seat in the upper tiers, quite understandably. I neither expect or even want the club to lose dosh on matches, and have happily moved to other areas, when it was obvious that the opposition or occasion was such that the ground would not be full. But on this occasion it was utterly predictable that the crowd would be such that all areas would be needed, and there was clearly scope for new fans as several hundred seats are still unsold - again entirely predictable. Great that the ground is again virtually sold out, but am not happy (and I am NOT a moaner) as to how it is has worked -so unnecessary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No offence, but they’re stupid :lol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly - why annoy the thousands of loyal fans who wanted their own seat in the upper tiers, quite understandably. I neither expect or even want the club to lose dosh on matches, and have happily moved to other areas, when it was obvious that the opposition or occasion was such that the ground would not be full. But on this occasion it was utterly predictable that the crowd would be such that all areas would be needed, and there was clearly scope for new fans as several hundred seats are still unsold - again entirely predictable. Great that the ground is again virtually sold out, but am not happy (and I am NOT a moaner) as to how it is has worked -so unnecessary.

You've spoken to all of them?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here