Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Don't be frightened [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION]. If dozens of other countries can do it I dare say we can, we will in all probability have a deal with the EU (Trump did it in a day) but as GNT says not as good as the current one, but we will be free to have unrestricted trade with everyone else.

Have a global outlook man rather than looking to the narrow confines of the EU

I'm so excited.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh,so no answer about all the vital,strategic stuff we get from Czech Republic?Typical,all insults,no substance.

What part of the single market do you not understand?

and to answer your pointless scenario

'Trade in goods between the Czech Republic and the UK reached CZK 227.7 billion in 2015,3 accounting for 3.7% of total Czech trade turnover. Exports to the UK made up 5.1% of the Czech Republic’s total goods exports. The UK was thus the Czech Republic’s fourth largest trading partner in terms of exports.4 By contrast, imports from the UK accounted for only 2.1% of total Czech goods imports. The trade balance thus ended in a large surplus for the Czech Republic in 2015 (see Chart 1).

....as pointless scenarios go.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What part of the single market do you not understand?

and to answer your pointless scenario

'Trade in goods between the Czech Republic and the UK reached CZK 227.7 billion in 2015,3 accounting for 3.7% of total Czech trade turnover. Exports to the UK made up 5.1% of the Czech Republic’s total goods exports. The UK was thus the Czech Republic’s fourth largest trading partner in terms of exports.4 By contrast, imports from the UK accounted for only 2.1% of total Czech goods imports. The trade balance thus ended in a large surplus for the Czech Republic in 2015 (see Chart 1).

Sigh.I will try again.What do the Czech Republic export to the UK that we cannot get elsewhere?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sigh.I will try again.What do the Czech Republic export to the UK that we cannot get elsewhere?

From your own post, 200 bill odd ck.... where you going to buy what is produced in the CZ and when will a trade deal be achieved? Where you going to buy ANYTHING anytime soon ?

Keep on with the fantasy of trading with individual EU countries.

...perhaps, maybe, possibly, what could happen is, what I 'expect' etc etc

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
From your own post, 200 bill odd ck.... where you going to buy what is produced in the CZ and when will a trade deal be achieved? Where you going to buy ANYTHING anytime soon ?

Keep on with the fantasy of trading with individual EU countries.

I'm on about signing individual trade deals post-Brexit no deal for stuff the UK vitally needs,not cuckoo clocks and IKEA rip-offs.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
View attachment 99314

Perhaps you can tell us how trade has really improved with the Czech Republic,as you are the Resident?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Admire your ongoing tenacity engaging with the guardian/#teameu set who all voted hoping to create the impasse we now have (while continually whining about it and blaming everyone else) but if you want a real laugh post this chart again ...

Capture_3336133b.jpg

.. maybe HT can explain what it means :D

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
And still some Brextremists continue with their fantasy island stuff.

In the meantime most now realise this is a nonsense and indeed a new generation are becoming keen Europhiles, the likes we haven’t seen before. The youth wanted to stay and will get their say

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Admire your ongoing tenacity engaging with the guardian/#teameu set who all voted hoping to create the impasse we now have (while continually whining about it and blaming everyone else) but if you want a real laugh post this chart again ...

Capture_3336133b.jpg

It means they have made up four years of data. Then it means we were happily trading with countries outside as well as inside the EU whislt a member of the EU. Hang on, I thought the Brextremists said that we needed to be outside to do that....more bullshit

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Capture_3336133b.jpg

It's just like stirring up an ant's nest when you're bored!Just waiting for Ali to score at Nice,so it keeps me amused.Think HT is too busy trying to sort out the MeTwo racism row in Germany-it's spreading faster than the anti-semitism row over here.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And still some Brextremists continue with their fantasy island stuff.

In the meantime most now realise this is a nonsense and indeed a new generation are becoming keen Europhiles, the likes we haven’t seen before. The youth wanted to stay and will get their say

Are these the lovely individuals you want to get the vote at 16-the type who abuse disabled women and pose for photos with her covered in eggs and flour?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Alternatively, this one shows why we must stay locked inside the Eu protectionist wall :facepalm:

GDP%20graph%20world%20vs%20EU%202.JPG

Little eurolanders need to realise there's a big world out there, full of opportunities ... global Britain. :thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Don't be frightened [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION]. If dozens of other countries can do it I dare say we can, we will in all probability have a deal with the EU (Trump did it in a day) but as GNT says not as good as the current one, but we will be free to have unrestricted trade with everyone else.

Have a global outlook man rather than looking to the narrow confines of the EU

I'm so excited.

We are a great trading nation and over 50% of our exports currently go to the sunny uplands beyond the EU. Imagine that if you can. It’s incredible isn’t it, despite all the benefits of the EU we also trade more with countries outside the EU. It’s amazing given how restrictive the EU apparently is for us. That’s really exciting and it’s not make believe stuff it’s real.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah yes, China. Good spot, we could become China

Think Singapore is the preferred model,and they have offered to help with trade deals and agreements as they have so much experience.Nice people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here