Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom pleased after Summer window

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the statement is littered with the words of 'unlucky' and 'challenging'...I will be fuming and not buying that spin!
Bloom owes the fans an apology. The Recruitment and Commercial teams have let us down badly.

It will be positive talk. Anything other than that will inherently admit to squad weaknesses to us and opponents.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
I like to think that Tony was very much like that Hitler In his bunker Scene that gets used all the time, bollocking his recruitment team and Barber while slating players and clubs that have turned us down.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If the statement is littered with the words of 'unlucky' and 'challenging'...I will be fuming and not buying that spin!
Bloom owes the fans an apology. The Recruitment and Commercial teams have let us down badly.

If Bloom does make a statement i'm sure he won't shirk away from the truth. He witnessed first hand at Watford how desperate we were for another forward, He must be so disappointed.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
" We would like to thank Paul Winstanley for his hard work whilst at the Albion and wish him well in his new life away from this club."

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Time for him to step aside.

Statements like this irrationally irritate me. Do you really think that most other chairmen have the interests of their respective clubs at heart in the same way as Bloom does? Do you really want to be owned by a foreign company or investor who views the Albion as toy to be played with or a means by which they can flatter their own ego?

Part of the success of this club is the way it has grown, yet maintained its links to the community and fan base. I'm not at all sure that we would still have had this if we only judge the chairman and the board by the players that we manage to sign in a single transfer window. As has been said on other threads, we are still stronger than we were prior to the transfer window, and calling for heads to roll *prior* to actually even knowing what the short-term ramifications of this window might be is premature in the extreme. We all would have liked to see improvements on the striker front, but let's just wait and see how Hughton is able to work with the players at his disposal and be supportive of the club.

Yes, we've had a disappointing window in relation to signing strikers, but we should not be calling for the chairman's head in this way. I think people have very short memories in relation to all that we have achieved in the recent past. The growth in this club in the last decade alone has been immense. Are we really going to say that one disappointing window should wipe from our memory the amazing job that the board and back room staff have done in getting us to this point today? As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] refers to in to opening post, we've had transfer window setbacks before - I would argue that it only served to make us stronger in the following few years.

We will learn from these mistakes in the January window, and I have faith that Chris Hughton has the ability to keep us in the mix until then.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I would have thought the club would have made a statement by now.... sadly they know goals are the key, sadly the Jan window will be too late.

..... by then you may also see CH thinking of a change of scene for himself and his family.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would you expect Bloom to say anything else to the public as he cannot admit failure. I just hope that we are not too far behind everybody else when the January window opens so that we may be able to claw back some points.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You're right he doesn't owe anyone an apology. I don't want the spin from Barber though - "tough market", "inflated prices", "the selling club"... blah blah bla. He should write the book 'The transfer window for dummies'.
Or perhaps he is telling the truth. Anyone who thinks this is done deliberately needs their ****ing head looking at.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Statements like this irrationally irritate me. Do you really think that most other chairmen have the interests of their respective clubs at heart in the same way as Bloom does? Do you really want to be owned by a foreign company or investor who views the Albion as toy to be played with or a means by which they can flatter their own ego?

Part of the success of this club is the way it has grown, yet maintained its links to the community and fan base. I'm not at all sure that we would still have had this if we only judge the chairman and the board by the players that we manage to sign in a single transfer window. As has been said on other threads, we are still stronger than we were prior to the transfer window, and calling for heads to roll *prior* to actually even knowing what the short-term ramifications of this window might be is premature in the extreme. We all would have liked to see improvements on the striker front, but let's just wait and see how Hughton is able to work with the players at his disposal and be supportive of the club.

Yes, we've had a disappointing window in relation to signing strikers, but we should not be calling for the chairman's head in this way. I think people have very short memories in relation to all that we have achieved in the recent past. The growth in this club in the last decade alone has been immense. Are we really going to say that one disappointing window should wipe from our memory the amazing job that the board and back room staff have done in getting us to this point today? As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] refers to in to opening post, we've had transfer window setbacks before - I would argue that it only served to make us stronger in the following few years.

We will learn from these mistakes in the January window, and I have faith that Chris Hughton has the ability to keep us in the mix until then.

well put. those on here criticising the running of the club clearly haven't been around as long as the rest of us.

we're three games in, off the mark and have brought in some promising new tallent with everything to prove.

here's to three points at home to west brom.

:albion: :albion: :albion:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Or perhaps he is telling the truth. Anyone who thinks this is done deliberately needs their ****ing head looking at.

No one said it was deliberate! Recruitment plan obviously hasn't worked. They have failed big time. I cannot think of a competitor that hasn't signed a striker. It is absolutely appalling from our point of view

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hopefully this is the shrewdest business done yet by mr bloom. If we can stay up with what we have = fantatstic job done by all

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I would have thought the club would have made a statement by now.... sadly they know goals are the key, sadly the Jan window will be too late.

..... by then you may also see CH thinking of a change of scene for himself and his family.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If we lost every game this season, I for one wouldn't be calling for his head

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I fully expect TB to be frank and honest and admit we've not had a completely successful window and will be looking at options in January. He's not the sort to try and mug us all off and he has proven this time and again. I can't imagine anyone is more disappointed than TB.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here