Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bugger

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If ever there was a time for a "Captains innings", here it is. Roooooooooooooot

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surely if Roy is going to open the batting he should be playing his natural game, seems to me like in trying to play a test style of game style you lose all his positive attributes, he needs to play his natural attacking game and if he gets out cheaply every now and again you can accept it because in other games he takes games away from teams, similar to a trescothick type. Seems like a waste of his ability him playing such cautious cricket

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
giphy.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just googled it and it appears that Murdoch lost control of Fox in Sept 18 to Comcast I didnt realise that as I have no great interest in Sky or subscribe to it.
I have Sky BG, but I didn't know either :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it me or is Sky insanely biased toward the Australians?

I turn on this morning and it's a feature on Steve Smith. Not one question about sandpapering cricket balls.

This wouldn't happen in Australia, they would be solely focused on their team. What are Sky proposing during the Ashes for us? Raking over the Pietersen Saga, feat. Piers Morgan, great, what a boast.

I'm sick of how accommodating we are being. The Australians perfected arrogant superiority going well over the acceptable line for over 2 decades. The whole 'baggy green' we do everything better, blah blah blah and they get caught cheating and after a year, we're supposed to be all forgiving and accommodating "why are people booing Smith's century" – do people have no idea how they've been over there in the past? And Sky then put on a feature on Smith on the 2nd day of the first Ashes test of the series. **** off Sky. Just **** off.

Atherton squirms constantly having to mention the cheats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely if Roy is going to open the batting he should be playing his natural game, seems to me like in trying to play a test style of game style you lose all his positive attributes, he needs to play his natural attacking game and if he gets out cheaply every now and again you can accept it because in other games he takes games away from teams, similar to a trescothick type. Seems like a waste of his ability him playing such cautious cricket

Trescothick was an immovable object as I remember, with about 3 or 4 shots, and he didn't vary or attempt to vary that at all in test cricket. He would leave, then leave again and only play the balls that suited his 3 or 4 shots. Hell of a player because he played the game so simply I thought. He was cautious in those first stages of an innings though. (if memory serves...).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Worked for Adam Gilchrist, stick him in at no.4 I say.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The NOISE was as it passed the STUMPS!!!

Not the bat, or the pads, the stumps and bails clearly move, but end up intact!!

WOW - a life for Root :clap2:

53-1 Root 9*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here