Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have reported this post - not because there is anything wrong with the post, but it has been wrongly moved by the mods. It gives a valid link to a valid government petition, which is of interest to many (albeit a minority) on NSC.

However, it is known that there is a very strong remain bias on NSC, presumably amongst the mods too (or at least one of them) and this is clearly an attempt to hide it away in a huge thread - clearly bias for remain. It should be restored to it's original position in its own thread - NSC is fine to have political discussion - but political bias from the mods is unacceptable.

Mods, please sort.

This has been discussed by the mods and the decision stands. The post has not been removed, deleted or altered. It has been merged with the thread that is supposed to act as the single point of focus for Brexit discussion - because it was about Brexit. If it had been a remain petition thread it would have been merged. If a remain petition thread appears, it will be merged.

The only one displaying political bias is you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have reported this post - not because there is anything wrong with the post, but it has been wrongly moved by the mods. It gives a valid link to a valid government petition, which is of interest to many (albeit a minority) on NSC.

However, it is known that there is a very strong remain bias on NSC, presumably amongst the mods too (or at least one of them) and this is clearly an attempt to hide it away in a huge thread - clearly bias for remain. It should be restored to it's original position in its own thread - NSC is fine to have political discussion - but political bias from the mods is unacceptable.

Mods, please sort.

Trust me - The reason that petition won't get anywhere near 6 Million is really not down to being merged into the Brexit thread on NSC :facepalm:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
If those that voted leave are so wedded to the idea that 'it's the will of the people' then why are they so scared of a second referendum?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If those that voted leave are so wedded to the idea that 'it's the will of the people' then why are they so scared of a second referendum?

17.4m out of a population of 66m.

The will of (about a quarter of) the people, indeed. Horrible and misleading sloganeering.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, there is quite a strong "anti-innocent people dying" bias on NSC, a likely outcome of No Deal Brexit. To call that being "politically biased" is ****ing disgusting.
No, there is a strong remain bias. As demonstrated by hiding away a piece of information potentially of interest to leavers in the middle of a huge thread which many people - leave and remain, I suspect - can't be bothered to look at any more.

Your apparently bigoted view of Brexiteers does you no credit - to label Brexiteers as being in favour of innocent people dying is - to use your own phrase. "***ing disgusting".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Common Market 2.0 may have a majority tonight.

It's a bit like saying you want to support another team instead of the Albion and surrendering your season ticket, paying the direct debit at pensioner rate, not attending any matches- but taking up a bronze membership and only being allowed to watch your new team on the television.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, there is a strong remain bias. As demonstrated by hiding away a piece of information potentially of interest to leavers in the middle of a huge thread which many people - leave and remain, I suspect - can't be bothered to look at any more.

Your apparently bigoted view of Brexiteers does you no credit - to label Brexiteers as being in favour of innocent people dying is - to use your own phrase. "***ing disgusting".

There are five moderators online at this very minute. I don't reckon you could say what they voted for in the referendum.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This has been discussed by the mods and the decision stands. The post has not been removed, deleted or altered. It has been merged with the thread that is supposed to act as the single point of focus for Brexit discussion - because it was about Brexit. If it had been a remain petition thread it would have been merged. If a remain petition thread appears, it will be merged.

The only one displaying political bias is you.
Thank you for the reply, and I have to accept the decision. The point I think the mods missed was that the thread that was removed wasn't about discussing Brexit; there wasn't a discussion element about it, it was simple information which may have been of interest to some people on NSC who would not see it on the main Brexit thread. But well, it's been neatly hidden away now, so there's an end to it.

Your final sentence is unworthy. I have an opinion which quite possibly differs from yours; that doesn't make it a bias, any more than your opinion is a bias if it differs to mine.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/248281

found it

found it

found it

found it

found it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, after the next GE, if we don't like how the winners are going we can ask for another vote after a year because the voting demographic will have changed?

The Tories didn't like the 2015 result so they called another one 2 years later. We're 3 years since the referendum.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Tories didn't like the 2015 result so they called another one 2 years later. We're 3 years since the referendum.

They called the Election because they didn't like the result in 2015? Really?

My take was to try and give her a longer, stronger go at Brexit, not because she was having a hissy fit and throwing her rattle out over the result in 2015.

It well and truly backfired.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank you for the reply, and I have to accept the decision. The point I think the mods missed was that the thread that was removed wasn't about discussing Brexit; there wasn't a discussion element about it, it was simple information which may have been of interest to some people on NSC who would not see it on the main Brexit thread. But well, it's been neatly hidden away now, so there's an end to it.

Nobody understands your argument.

there are literally a THOUSAND posts in this thread that consist purely of links to information, related to the topic.

Shall we have a thousand threads, for them? :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Common Market 2.0 may have a majority tonight.

It's a bit like saying you want to support another team instead of the Albion and surrendering your season ticket, paying the direct debit at pensioner rate, not attending any matches- but taking up a bronze membership and only being allowed to watch your new team on the television.

Votes were 307 to 253, but May will ignore it and bring her deal back for another vote and another and another.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Richard Drax MP has been speaking in the House. Three days ago he voted for Theresa May's deal. He now "profoundly regrets his actions and wishes he could vote again".

He wishes to change his vote from three days ago. However, he also believes that the British people should not be permitted to express the changing of their mind from three years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here