Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Merson tips us to go down

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course.
:moo:

Although, I do not get paid handsomely for my football knowledge .
And what I was getting at, is that we shouldn’t start getting carried away, because they now think we’re safe.
Yes these pundits are paid handsomely for their knowledge, but like weather forecasting that knowledge is all reactive, and about half an hour proactive.
I'd be amazed if someone actually got that prediction even close to correct, instead of being sniffy because they were loud wrong..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
"But I just see Brighton as a nice place to go for away teams. You're not going to go there and think: "Oh my God, I don't fancy this."

Personally, I think he is right there. It's something we need to change.

Its something we have always struggled with at Palace. Easier said than done.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Merson’s final table from pre season.
View attachment 95198

SS Pundits now- to be relegated.

Paul Merson- WB, Udders, Stains.

Charlie Nicholas- WB, Udders Wet Sham.

Phil Thompson- WB, Stains, Udders.

Matt Le Tissier - WB, Stoke, Udders.

They each say West Brom and Huddersfield are doomed, with Southampton battling Stoke and West Ham for the final spot.

But we all know these pundits don’t know shit!

Why are they all so down on Huddersfield? Have they actually seen them play?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Why are they all so down on Huddersfield? Have they actually seen them play?

Their run-in does look quite tough. They play Chelsea, Everton, Man City and Arsenal in their last 4 games. Considering both our remaining fixtures their trip to the Amex is huge for both sides.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
1st Man City
2nd Man Utd
3rd Chelsea
4th Spurs
5th Arsenal
6th Liverpool
7th Everton
8th West Ham
9th Leicester
10th Stoke
11th West Brom
12th Bournemouth
13th Southampton
14th Newcastle
15th Crystal Palace
16th Brighton & Hove Albion
17th Swansea
18th Watford
19th Burnley
20th Huddersfield

This was my prediction from another thread. Clearly don't know what I'm on about, most seemed sensible but I never thought West Brom would have an awful season. Or that Watford even though they recently sacked their manager would be so strong along with Burnley

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I love the 'But I just see Brighton as a nice place to go for away teams. You're not going to go there and think: "Oh my God, I don't fancy this."' bit.

Home record:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 10.37.00.png

OK mate :lol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love the 'But I just see Brighton as a nice place to go for away teams. You're not going to go there and think: "Oh my God, I don't fancy this."' bit.

Home record:

View attachment 95199

OK mate :lol:

Blimey I have seen 50% of West Brom's home wins, which is probably more than most West Brom fans.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bizarrely (or maybe not to some) we've let in FEWER goals on the road (19), but only managed to score seven times...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes these pundits are paid handsomely for their knowledge, but like weather forecasting that knowledge is all reactive, and about half an hour proactive.
I'd be amazed if someone actually got that prediction even close to correct, instead of being sniffy because they were loud wrong..

It just makes me smile, that because these pundits have all played the game to a high standard, the 'powers that be', Sky, the Beeb et al, seem to think that they are better informed than the average man, to know the final league table come the end of the season.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
To quote Merson

But I just see Brighton as a nice place to go for away teams. You're not going to go there and think: "Oh my God, I don't fancy this."

So how is our home form this season?

Wake me up when I am sober

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here