Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson or Hunt?

Who would you vote for as next leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 123 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
“I have never voted in my life... I have always known and understood that the idiots are in a majority so it's certain they will win.” - Celine

Edit: Ah you didnt even have an election.. my bad.. or someones.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The public voted for Theresa May to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Boris Johnson should be PM. They voted for Theresa, and yet they now get Boris, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Conservative Party has handed power over to the brooding Etonian power-maniac.

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

Boris Johnson could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him and on BREXIT. Let’s have an election without delay.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I live in the North East - an area, generally speaking, where a lot of the population are at the polar opposite end of the scale to Boris is virtually every way it is possible to be. And yet, if you speak to a people around here, he commands more positive sentiment than Corbyn does. It's really quite odd.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The public voted for Theresa May to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Boris Johnson should be PM. They voted for Theresa, and yet they now get Boris, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Conservative Party has handed power over to the brooding Etonian power-maniac.

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

Boris Johnson could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him and on BREXIT. Let’s have an election without delay.

How is this any different to Blair handing over power to Brown without a GE?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Its weird that a nation of almost 70 million people cant find one decent Prime Minister in ~50 years.

Thatcher (I hated her), Blair, Major.......none were perfect, but they were all decent. Doesn’t fall in with your over the top apathy with politics though does it? How old are you?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
With apologies to Blackadder 4:

8c483e71db3505e7f837b45f776647a4.jpg

Elizabeth: Boris, we’re in trouble here. We need to construct a negotiation that’s as watertight
as a mermaid's brassiere. I'm not sure your particular brand of
mindless optimism is going to contribute much to the proceedings.

Boris: Well, that's a shame, ma’am, because I was planning on playing the
mindless optimisim card very strongly.

Elizabeth: I beg your pardon?

Boris: Yes, I've already planned my closing address based on that very thing.
Oh, go on, let us off Barnier, please! It's a lovely day. Pretty
clouds, trees, birds, etc. I rest my case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Remainers clutching at straws. Get used to it and get behind the country.

Why should any (sane) person be expected to get behind Johnson? The best the country can hope for is that he is booted out ASAP. I really don’t care how this is done, and I’ll support whatever will achieve this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Boris has espoused the acronym D.U.D.E. Obviously that stands for Deluded Unrealistic Dangerous Etonian.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In all seriousness, and in the spirit of genuine, friendly debate - how do you see Brexit happening? Which version has enough support?

I'm not trying to set a trap or anything like that. I genuinely want to know how you see Brexit as feasible from here, because I can't see it.

The only option I can see possibly working is Boris re-badging May's deal and fooling people into thinking it's a better deal.

Also - I am fully behind our country. I don't want to see it ruined by people who are acting in their own interests, not the country's.

Be prepared for some trite, simplistic responses and then [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] going missing. We’ve been here before.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

But everyone knows it's a palace coup. It's how politics work

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why should any (sane) person be expected to get behind Johnson? The best the country can hope for is that he is booted out ASAP. I really don’t care how this is done, and I’ll support whatever will achieve this.

Democracy huh?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Sometimes I wonder if the Tories have become this more caring, 'tolerant' party, not the nasty barstewards we know them to be - Then they elect a racist, homophobic, self interested serial liar and we are back in equilibrium. Selfish, nasty, fools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here