Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He missed 3 games because of his daft challenge against Bournemouth. If he's our best winger when on the pitch, then that more than makes up for 3 games missed.

Also, which is more likely to happen this season: Knocky to control himself and not put in a challenge like against Bournemouth, or Ali J to improve to Knocky's standard? It's got to be the former.

No I think it more the latter. Why?

1) AJ is younger than Knocky and therefore has more time to develop.
2) It was Ajs first season at this standard. Knocky has had lots of chances.
3) He started his season late and had an injury and didn't really get a chance in the team until we were struggling. Always hard to settle when the rest of the team is struggling.

Knocky has had his chances, AJ hasn't had a proper crack of the whip. Perhaps he won't make the grade but whats' better an older horse who's had it's chances or a younger horse that hasn't?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1) AJ is younger than Knocky and therefore has more time to develop.
He'll be 26 when the season starts, so I wouldn't say age is on his side.
2) It was Ajs first season at this standard. Knocky has had lots of chances.
3) He started his season late and had an injury and didn't really get a chance in the team until we were struggling. Always hard to settle when the rest of the team is struggling.
I hope you're right on those points. A lot of people here have certainly written him off.

Knocky has had his chances, AJ hasn't had a proper crack of the whip. Perhaps he won't make the grade but whats' better an older horse who's had it's chances or a younger horse that hasn't?
An older horse who's had it? Knocky's 27! He's not even 2 years older than Ali J :rolleyes:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It is incredibly frustrating that we haven’t made signings that we think we need bit for the same people to repeat on a daily basis that we need signings is quite annoying. We all know we need them, we’ll just have to keep patient and trust the club to get them. If they don’t then, yes I agree, we will probably go down. The time to worry and have a go is if the window shuts without more signings.

Unlike in days gone by we have the funds so we shouldn’t just be hoping, we should be expecting them. I am also bored with PB telling us how difficult it is EVERY window. We have got the message and the club have to find a way around it or suffer the consequences.

I don’t particularly disagree, but if people want to talk about our weaknesses, and apparent lack of transfer activity thus far, why can’t they do so without being constantly moaned at belittled? It is, after all, a forum for Brighton fans, and as far as I’m that’s exactly what people are doing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we know very little about Trossard so far

There’s quite a lot about him on Google. He's a young lad who captained his last team to the Belgian title scoring 22 goals along the way. He has played in Europe 6 times and has recently been on the fringes of the national team, a national team which seems quite strong, comfortably winning their group and eventually coming 3rd in the WC just last year. I should co co.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So how well will he do in the Premier League this season?

Looking at his attributes it seems he’s a pacy player adept at dribbling past defenders in wide areas to create space for a shot by cutting inside or delivering an accurate cross. His key passing is pretty accurate at most times and does manage to make the right decisions in the final third ie a good footballing brain. He seems a good professional and has a calm temperament.

In fact, he seems like Knocky but without all his crap bits.

In direct answer to your question, I conclude he’ll do fine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at his attributes it seems he’s a pacy player adept at dribbling past defenders in wide areas to create space for a shot by cutting inside or delivering an accurate cross. His key passing is pretty accurate at most times and does manage to make the right decisions in the final third ie a good footballing brain. He seems a good professional and has a calm temperament.

In fact, he seems like Knocky but without all his crap bits.

In direct answer to your question, I conclude he’ll do fine.
Happy days

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He'll be 26 when the season starts, so I wouldn't say age is on his side.
I hope you're right on those points. A lot of people here have certainly written him off.

An older horse who's had it? Knocky's 27! He's not even 2 years older than Ali J :rolleyes:

For some reason I thought Knocky was 29... so I'll drop point 1..... other points still valid though. Don't think AJ has had a proper chance.... isn't it always said you need to have a run in the team I don't know the answer but how many consecutive games did AJ get. I'm guessing maximum 3. I agree we didn't have the privilege of being patient last season and AJ didn't exactly cover himself in glory when he played but it is only one season and really not even that. Seems awfully early to give up with someone we've spent a lot on. Teams in our position don't usually throw in the towel with players weve paid so much for this early... unless they get relegated.

Think even Ricky VW and jannsen got more of an opp.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Bacuse it's a completely valid concern to have, when the club has no way of addressing the shortcomings.

Getting titsy now is like complaining a game will be shite at 2pm when the teams are announced...

...oh, I've shot myself in the foot there. :lol:

Ha ha yes stat, you nailed that one. Because well knew 1 hour before the kick off what was about to occur. A pile of shit, that's what.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
To clarify, I did not countenance that we would lose this match. This is probably the result that cost Chris his job. It was a home game we should not have lost.

Cardiff played like Brighton the season before, with guts and belief. A a reasonable amount of skill.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We 'could' have beaten City at home, but ermmmmm we didn't... Come on, we lost badly away to Fulham, twice to Cardiff and we're dead lucky at home to Huddersfield... We were sooooooooo lucky we stayed up and right now we'll be soooooooo soooooo soooo lucky to repeat the feat. I'm not so sure it is common knowledge we're looking to further strengthen, sure we've got a list of targets (as ever) but how seriously we're chasing any of them remains to be seen.

I hope you're right, but I'm sitting here thinking we're (more or less) going with what we've got. Gulp.

You can't really imply we were dead lucky against Huddersfield, then say Cardiff beat us twice. They scored a offside winner in injury time.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If we keep the same players with no further additions relegation is nailed on. I would like to think new signings will come or there was no point changing the manager

Of course there was a lot of point in changing the manager !

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I don’t particularly disagree, but if people want to talk about our weaknesses, and apparent lack of transfer activity thus far, why can’t they do so without being constantly moaned at belittled? It is, after all, a forum for Brighton fans, and as far as I’m that’s exactly what people are doing?

You carry on DFP. I think whining about this transfer window should continue until we see some decent inbound activity. Hopefully PB is reading......

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course there was a lot of point in changing the manager !

Too right there was... but we need to give GP the tools he needs to do his job, and he ain't in Sweden or the Championship now, this is a seriously tough league...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, hopefully he's not. The absolute last thing we want is for the club to take notice of some of the clowns on here.

It's almost as if they believe they're making points that are news to the club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, hopefully he's not. The absolute last thing we want is for the club to take notice of some of the clowns on here.

Errr, if he doesn't know we are NOT 'PL ready' (his words) in our squad for next season, then he is the clown...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here