Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A Leeds fan has already described Ben White as *like Baresi in his pomp*.

So there is our ready made replacement.... next summer...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You're correct in what you're saying, but doesn't it make it a bit pointless buying these players if they're not trusted to play?

We won't replace Dunk with an established (expensive) CB. If we did that we might as well just keep Dunk.
Sadly we’re not a big enough club to entice proper quality players to sit on the bench, hence Burn, Clarke and Balogun are from the Championship, League One and a free transfer, respectively. I’m sure they can all do a job, but I’m not convinced one of them can step into Dunk’s boots.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not sure he's ever said that Dunk wouldn't attract bids. He's just reported that his sources are saying Dunk is "95% staying" (and this has been confirmed by another journalist)
Brian Owen reported that Leicester favoured Tarkowski over Dunk earlier this summer via his Midlands source. Might still be the case.

My guess would be that Burnley would let Tarkowski go for less than we’d be prepared to sell Dunk for. Burnley are very happy spinning quick profits on players as I’m sure they’ll already have a replacement lined up.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A Leeds fan has already described Ben White as *like Baresi in his pomp*.

So there is our ready made replacement.... next summer...

A friend if mine is a scout in the Championship. He's a big fan of White, and believes he could go to the very top.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I do think Tarkowski is better than Dunk and would expect Leicester to look that way first.

Subjectively (with my own eyes), I think Dunk (currently) is better than both Maguire and Tarkowski. Not much of an age difference either. All are too slow for England, a CL side, or top 6 PL first team regular. All will be better off staying where they are. Except that sixth place in the PL may be up for grabs if United sign Maguire.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Leicester club doctor is a good mate of mine. All he knows about this is that he has not been asked to do a medical on Dunk or any other "target". He will know once a deal is agreed. United have offered 70m for Maguire but Leicester are asking 90m.

Dunno if this is fixtures but BBC teletext Gossip pages currently saying (quoting The Sun) that ManU have agreed £60M + £20M add-ons for Maguire with a medical taking place today.They also report the same paper as saying a £45M deal with Leicester has been agreed for Dunk :ohmy:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dunno if this is fixtures but BBC teletext Gossip pages currently saying (quoting The Sun) that ManU have agreed £60M + £20M add-ons for Maguire with a medical taking place today.They also report the same paper as saying a £45M deal with Leicester has been agreed for Dunk :ohmy:

The Sun (ugh) was running that yesterday eve

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Sun (ugh) was running that yesterday eve

Ah, right, I guess that's why BBC has picked up on it today

This is way too pedantic but to be clear.
The BBC have "picked up on it" but only in sense , as you say , its in their transfer rumour page which summarises tabloid transfer rumours - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip
And since that initial story in The Sun, Journalists from The Sun !!, The Argus, Talk Sport have all denied that any bid for Dunk has been agreed, let alone made, calling it "premature".

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Yeah, the BBC gossip feed just picks up and regurgitates everything it finds. As far as I can tell, they rarely do any actual journalism before reposting on that feed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

My sister text me to say Dunk had signed for Leicester :facepalm:
..tried to explain it was The Sun ...day b4 Leicester Mercury had a story saying Dunk was 95% certain to stay at Brighton ..obviously picking up on Naylors tweet and spinning it ...2 mins later my Dad text me to say Dunk was on his way to Leicester because my sister has said so ..a friend had told her because ..yes it was in The Sun :facepalm:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not in the pictures of the training session today - just saying.

* Apart from the one he is in, of course.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
My sister text me to say Dunk had signed for Leicester :facepalm:
..tried to explain it was The Sun ...day b4 Leicester Mercury had a story saying Dunk was 95% certain to stay at Brighton ..obviously picking up on Naylors tweet and spinning it ...2 mins later my Dad text me to say Dunk was on his way to Leicester because my sister has said so ..a friend had told her because ..yes it was in The Sun :facepalm:

And this is the summer transfer window in a nutshell. I know that Naylor has his critics, but at least there is a shred of credibility to what he posts. So many of the rumour sites (and even some newspaper sites) run premature headlines.

From what I can make out: a) Dunk is on a list of potential replacements should Maguire move to Manchester United. b) Some discussion about the Albion valuing Dunk at about £40 million (not least to ward off interest in one of our best players).
(a) + (b) = The Sun's rumour that it's all done and dusted.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Not in the pictures of the training session today - just saying.

Well, I could see him in two of the training photos.

* Apart from the one he is in, of course.[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here