Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So your opinion is that none of the U23 squad are good enough for PL football. The squad that finished 3rd in PL2 without a few loanees out. Lets see what happens under Potter. I suspect you are wrong BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:shrug:

Waits for BW3 to pop along

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
So your opinion is that none of the U23 squad are good enough for PL football. The squad that finished 3rd in PL2 without a few loanees out. Lets see what happens under Potter. I suspect you are wrong BTW.

I think it’s difficult to glean what the relative value is from a performance in PL2. Blackburn finished four points behind us. But they were bottom half in the Championship. I’m not suggesting that their U23 squad would do better, but clearly it is not as simple as saying “we did really well in PL2, so there must be some people ready to get on the bench”

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Not saying players were shackled under CH but I know from personal experience that I have performed well under some managers and not so well under others. The former generally played to my strengths.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not saying players were shackled under CH but I know from personal experience that I have performed well under some managers and not so well under others. The former generally played to my strengths.

So you're not a full back either?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think it’s difficult to glean what the relative value is from a performance in PL2. Blackburn finished four points behind us. But they were bottom half in the Championship. I’m not suggesting that their U23 squad would do better, but clearly it is not as simple as saying “we did really well in PL2, so there must be some people ready to get on the bench”

Fair point. May I suggest one Albion U23 being PL2 player of season, and another scoring for the Swedish national team are strong indicators of talent...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Steve Sidwell said just that. Elite PL football is a world away from PL2 or any other age group. Especially for a club such as the Albion that have not been raiding other clubs for the best 18, 17 and 16 year olds on the planet.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No, it wasn't.
Beloved?
Nowhere reliable, I can assure you.

And why are you posting from two accounts?

It was. Beloved by me. Beloved by most. BW in stereo better than mono!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here