Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Things designed specifically to annoy and frustrate people.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
News reports on the radio with background car horns sounding. When I am driving.

Always makes me look around in all directions to see which maniac is careering towards me. :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Releasing an OXO cube contents from its foil packaging until the age of youtube that is.

giphy.gif

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Brighton council sending out their recycling collectors to wake me up at at 06:15 every other bloody Friday without fail. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

And when they do eventually turn up they can sort out the council’s recycling policies to make it as green as the council believes itself to be.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Brighton council sending out their recycling collectors to wake me up at at 06:15 every other bloody Friday without fail. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

I read a quote a while ago from a council member (I think? It could have been a prospective one) along the lines of, "we are trying to make life as difficult as possible for car owners". I thought it was a joke! Who votes for these people?!?

I'll see if I can find the source. If it came through my letterbox then I definitely will have thrown it away.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I read a quote a while ago from a council member (I think? It could have been a prospective one) along the lines of, "we are trying to make life as difficult as possible for car owners". I thought it was a joke! Who votes for these people?!?

I'll see if I can find the source. If it came through my letterbox then I definitely will have thrown it away.

its not a joke unfortunately, hence "Valley Gardens"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pedestrian crossing buttons you press and it says ''Wait''

These lights are on a cycle to stop cars hitting each other at a crossroads.

The lights do not change any quicker just because you press the ''Wait Button'' - Absolutely pointless

They are about as much use as those ****ing kagools you used to get in the 70s where 10 drops of rain drop from the sky and you were drenched through when wearing one

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The sticky tab things that seal a loaf of bread.. impossible to remove without equipment akin to major surgery. There must be an easier way.. EDIT [MENTION=1813]norm[/MENTION]alrob got there 1st!

Last edited:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The whole Sky subscription renewal process - designed purely to annoy and put you off bothering to challenge it.. (Sorry if this is already mentioned: not read the thread in full as got thinking, got annoyed and had to post something!)

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The whole Sky subscription renewal process - designed purely to annoy and put you off bothering to challenge it.. (Sorry if this is already mentioned: not read the thread in full as got thinking, got annoyed and had to post something!)

Hold fire and then hustle. And insist you're thinking about leaving...better offers keep coming.
Also you're entitled to multiple benefits if you're a long standing user as part of the VIP programme. (Sky Q for starters).

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fiddly plasters with about 1mm of folded back backing paper that you are supposed to grasp gently whilst your blood is pissing out everywhere.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Wow - 12 pages a not a single mention of cufking shrink wrap. I'd like to meet the **** who invented it, and shrink wrap their house.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those bags of microwave rice that the instructions say you are supposed to tear a hole in and stand in the microwave. But the bag is blatantly TOO TALL for the average microwave. So it spins round a couple of times with the top of the bag scraping the top of the microwave, until it inevitably falls over for the remaining duration of its radiation treatment.

We've fired a Tesla into space. We've have instant worldwide mobile communication at the touch of a button. We've eradicated smallpox. We've invented Channel 5. And yet we cannot even create a bag of microwavable rice that can actually fit properly inside a pissing microwave oven.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here