Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gavin Geddes

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It was definitely £1,000, in cash.

He never got the £100s though weekly, at that club. His following one, I wouldn't know.

no sorry what I was trying to say is that even with the £1000.00 cash that equates to roughly £30.00 a week throughout an eight month season, if I take your first memory of £50.00 win and £20.00 a draw and if the owner honours his bonuses then it perhaps goes from £30.00 for a loss, £50.00 for a draw and £80.00 for a win, decent money no doubt but no where near the £100's some say was paid at that level.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
LA is the last Albion outpost before Portsmouth slowly begins to take hold.

Wrong, Arundel is the last outpost before the Portsmouth creepage occurs!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His sister posted something on fb yesterday to bring the whole thing into question naturally that could just be a sister looking out for a sibling difficult to know exactly what to think without knowing everything

That is why we have a court of law, of course.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It wouldn’t be the first time an innocent man went to prison either

And it wouldn't be the first time someone has lied to try and cover up their crime.

Still makes no sense why if you had been abused, you'd choose to blackmail your abuser rather than deal with it through the courts? Especially as the 'trigger' was the Bennell case etc...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes that sounds about right, I still bump into them at times, Darren is really back on track, loved the school a little barmy at times though.

Same here. I was academic, but also covertly a naughty sod but got away with a lot. I was never bullied, stood up for myself very well if someone thought they could attack me, and overall have decent memories.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
And it wouldn't be the first time someone has lied to try and cover up their crime.

Still makes no sense why if you had been abused, you'd choose to blackmail your abuser rather than deal with it through the courts? Especially as the 'trigger' was the Bennell case etc...

His sister is claiming that the fella paid it to geddes as hush money then went to the police and claimed it was blackmail

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His sister is claiming that the fella paid it to geddes as hush money then went to the police and claimed it was blackmail

Well, she would, wouldn't she?

I presume her facebook posts also explain how the man came to be in possession of letters written by Geddes, and texts sent from his phone, demanding the money?

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, she would, wouldn't she?

I presume her facebook posts also explain how the man came to be in possession of letters written by Geddes, and texts sent from his phone, demanding the money?

Wasn’t the police/court also shown comm’s from the victim to GG? Court papers are available to the public to see, if someone could be bothered to look (I can’t).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here