Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is your tree still up?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Tree staying up till Sunday,12th night,as not all choccies eaten from it yet.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
All decorations down today. Had enough of it after New Year. Party is over !

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Coming down on the 12th night. We like to extend Xmas and so celebrate the Three Kings on the night of the 5th.
But every time I turn my back the Wife seems to have taken down one more decoration. Leaving for West Ham at 2:45, expect the tree will be down on my return.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Tree coming down when Mrs Jakarta gets around to it - probably this evening since I am cooking.

Outside lights on front of House,Tree & Hedge are my department so maybe sometime in February...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
12th night generally, whether it comes down then or not depends on my hangover as my boss is having a free bar at his wedding that weekend.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Do you do the 12th night thing, or is it packed away (artificial) / dumped in the garden (real) already?

Ours is in the garden, ready to be moved to wherever Mrs Fats declares it should live for the next 11 months or so. This year she insisted we get a potted one, and accompanying massive pot thing to put it in. The theory is that we'll save money by using the same one each year. I think we'll be lucky to get two uses out of it, including this one. We kill every plant we have ever touched.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Busy weekend so took down decorations today and the tree for recycling.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Ours is in the garden, ready to be moved to wherever Mrs Fats declares it should live for the next 11 months or so. This year she insisted we get a potted one, and accompanying massive pot thing to put it in. The theory is that we'll save money by using the same one each year. I think we'll be lucky to get two uses out of it, including this one. We kill every plant we have ever touched.

More likely it will get too big!

We have a number that have been planted around the place over the last 40 years - The tallest is now about 80’.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Cards came down yesterday
Christmas ornaments and tinsel not on my tree came down today
The tree will come down in the next day or so....

I'm weaning myself off Christmas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here