Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That was fantastic, Froome is really off of form but what an effort he just put in. Catch the highlights everybody, it is worth it.

Just watched 'as live', and yes, fantastic - one of the most exciting stages of the whole year. God knows where Froome dragged that effort from, brilliant, and I'm so pleased for Aru. What a finish.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That was fantastic, Froome is really off of form but what an effort he just put in. Catch the highlights everybody, it is worth it.

Just watched on ITV4+1. Great last climb. Want to ride that scenery really badly.

Well done [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]. Glanders has set you some segments to chase today. :mad: Go get 'em chaps.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're not intending on going Hell for leather! Go for it, banjo!

Yeah, of course not :whistle:

I've got a few things to sort out this weekend, so right now I am just a maybe, but really hoping I can get cover for the kids football training to come out as I'm desperate for a ride this weekend. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've only had snippets of the Vuelta despite being in Spain, but Contador was blazoned upon quite a few of the front pages including a great shot on the front the Marca.

Is it only live on Eurosport?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I've only had snippets of the Vuelta despite being in Spain, but Contador was blazoned upon quite a few of the front pages including a great shot on the front the Marca.

Is it only live on Eurosport?

I am watching the highlights on ITV4 or catching them on the watch again app, I think its the best coverage they have managed to date, better quality pictures, more camera angles and good standard of commentary. I imagine you could buy the eurosport app for a month, its £5.99 in the UK.

If anyone is interested - tickets go on sale for British Cycling members today for the World Cup in the London Veledrome 4-5-6 December.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I've been considering getting a CX bike for winter road use plus possibly some actual CX racing. Been struggling to find a reasonably priced one that has disc brakes, mud guard fixings and 11-speed shimano/SRAM. Just just seen than Planet X are bringing out this one very shortly: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRIV/planet-x-london-road-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Looks pretty good to me, in terms of spec and style (colour).

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
THE INTERNATIONAL BREAK NSC SPORTIVE

OK Geeks.

So, we have no game next Saturday, so that feels like the perfect time for a Geeks ride.

I'm proposing a circular route taking in West Sussex that will enable people to join at different points.

Starting at Brighton Pier at 8.30 we'll head out west to Worthing Pier and then Littlehampton to pick up new riders. We'll then head up to Arundel for a bit of a climb before descending into Amberley and then onto Storrington. After that we'll take in some lovely country lanes via Ashurst and through to Steyning.

From there we'll have two choices: the Brighton crew can head further east via Fulking and Poynings before heading over the Dyke and home, whilst the Worthing crew can head down the Coombes road to Shoreham airport and then back along the coast to the pier.

This is not a time for putting down the hammer so we'll be setting a steady pace and not a mad one.

So, geeks, who's up for it?

OK, so it looks like we have [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] signed up. I also have a Manchester City rider coming along so that we have somebody to goad on the ride.

Can I stress, this is a social ride. We'll put down a few miles, but we are not going hell for leather.

So, come on, any others? [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] is it too far for you to venture down? Sorry if so. What about [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=566]Bad Ash[/MENTION] - or also [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=12917]Bedsex[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5362]manintheblackpajamas[/MENTION] ?

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
OK, so it looks like we have [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] signed up. I also have a Manchester City rider coming along so that we have somebody to goad on the ride.

Can I stress, this is a social ride. We'll put down a few miles, but we are not going hell for leather.

So, come on, any others? [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] is it too far for you to venture down? Sorry if so. What about [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=566]Bad Ash[/MENTION] - or also [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=12917]Bedsex[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5362]manintheblackpajamas[/MENTION] ?

I would have been up for this.
Alas, it's a busy time of year for me and I am working on Saturday.

I'll keep an eye out for any future rides...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been considering getting a CX bike for winter road use plus possibly some actual CX racing. Been struggling to find a reasonably priced one that has disc brakes, mud guard fixings and 11-speed shimano/SRAM. Just just seen than Planet X are bringing out this one very shortly: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRIV/planet-x-london-road-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Similar to yourself I've had a long standing 'need' for a CX bike.

The thing is they are/were a little too niche, hence the price.
I think that is going to change on the back of more roadies being sold and people not wanting to mountain bike it for the winter.
In the meantime your best bet is to look at lowlands and Northern Europe manufacturers.

My LBS has a £999.00 Focus (Germany) CX in the window, which looks the business, with another £849.00 arriving today.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Sadly I'm working. Sounds like a great ride is in store.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

11-32 on a compact?!?! Who the hell needs a 34/32? I'm all for high cadence riding, and climbing, but that's just silly.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
11-32 on a compact?!?! Who the hell needs a 34/32? I'm all for high cadence riding, and climbing, but that's just silly.

Hey... I already have an 11-32 on my compact! :(

I have brought an 11-26 to replace it with, for the fatter rides anyway, but haven't quite got round to it...

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Thanks for the invite [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], weekends are always difficult for me to travel and ride any real distance as work weekend nights (sleeping morns), but this one particularly so - my back is screwed, literally - think one side of me is about three inches shorter than the other ! Would have loved to otherwise though and will keep eye out for future rides (it's been a good time to get the bike serviced though, it's now sitting there, all sound, gleaming, new tyres, waiting for me .... patiently :(

enjoy geeks !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll have not ridden on sand before:-

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
You'll have not ridden on sand before:-

Ha! Stybar absolutely smashes it....twice!

In other news - its taken me 2 months but I've finally found the source of the rattling from the back of my bike.....

The bloody valve is rattling in the rim valve hole!!! A bit of electrical tape and one of those lock rings for valves and things are sorted. Thought I'd never work it out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here