Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Transport Manager using his usual charm on Rod Stewart fans

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate he does what can at times be a difficult job, and the very fact he does tweet is useful

It's just the patronising tone that raises the hackles

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
How with the professional way the club is run these days doesn't a jumped up **** like him manage to remain employed.

Rude and arrogant with a "stop whinging and live with it" attitude

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just get the train, far easier

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There have been complaints in the past but to no effect......he is incredibly rude and gives a pretty awful impression of the club. Perhaps they should disable his twitter account? :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he may need to go on a communication course. That's no way to speak to customers, especially speaking from a Brighton & Hove Albion account.

Agreed. This isn't even a BHAFC event, but it still has the badge diisplayed. Saying what he does to his mates is one thing, but tweeting like that in the public domain is quite another.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's correct though.

He may be correct but it's the manner in which he's said it that is the problem. It is certainly comes across as unprofessional and is coming from something officially associated with the club so reflects badly on the club as a whole. What is wrong with saying "Those of you who still need to book parking for the Rod Stewart concert please see the information that came with your ticket." Makes the same point in a lot more professional and friendly way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
https://twitter.com/BHAFCtransport/status/477048076839165952

Suddenly everyone realises they need to book parking for [MENTION=13887]Rod[/MENTION]stewart . Does no one read the bumph that comes with concert tics? #bhafc

Fair play to the Transport Manager (or whoever is responsible), Falmer station is staying open after the gig to offer folks the easy option of getting back into town, unlike after the FBS gig last year. Hopefully the catering manager has got his act similarly together so that folks don't have to queue for three hours for a beer.

Have a great time, all those who are going!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
He makes me laugh, but I think he does come across as a bit arrogant sometimes. That said, some of that is just him following the club brief to discourage car travel to the AMEX.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There are some very sensitive people around......

Nothing to do with sensitivity. If you are representing a business, in whatever capacity, it's just about being professional in your communication whoever it is with.

Pretty well any business I've been involved in would have not have regarded this as acceptable, regardless of the point being made

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here