Locadia 7
Ali 5

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Instrumental is strong, but good pass.

Poor pass to Gyokores forced him wide.

Offside if Knockaert had passed to him, so Knocky did the right thing.

He rarely tracked his player, decision making was poor and if he is to succeed at this level, will need up his all round performance.

I think he’ll take this season to ‘bed in’ and hopefully be better next season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he might be the golden boy somewhere on the planet but it certainly isn't in Britain or Perth. He needs to really grow a large pair , both him and Locadia need to knuckle down and get stuck in ...over 30 million between them , that is a shit load of money to this club and the returns are not yet forthcoming.

button 5

bernardo 6
bruno 7
burn 6
buffy 7

bissouma 8
bayal 7
bevens 6
bockaert 7

bocadia 7
bhanjashk 5

Last edited:

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
he might be the golden boy somewhere on the planet but it certainly isn't in Britain or Perth. He needs to really grow a large pair , both him and Locadia need to knuckle down and get stuck in ...over 30 million between them , that is a shit load of money to this club and the returns are not yet forthcoming.

button 5

bernardo 6
bruno 7
burn 6
buffy 7

bissouma 8
bayal 7
bevens 6
bockaert 7

bocadia 7
bhanjashk 5

By results not yet forthcoming you mean after all 11 games he's played, only a handful of which he's even started? I know they say EPL fans are impatient but holy moley..

Instrumental is strong, but good pass.

Poor pass to Gyokores forced him wide.

Offside if Knockaert had passed to him, so Knocky did the right thing.

He rarely tracked his player, decision making was poor and if he is to succeed at this level, will need up his all round performance.

I think he’ll take this season to ‘bed in’ and hopefully be better next season....

I reviewed the video again, I agree with your point about Gyokeres, however he would have been onsides if Knocky would've passed. I don't think Knocky likes ARJB anyways.. from the moment he's come to the club you can tell on the pitch never passes it to him and always throws an extra-outlandish fit should ARJB not play the ball exactly the way his highness likes.

I agree looking at his performances for his previous club.

His first season at AK Alkmaar was very average indeed (3 goals in games that were big wins). His second season was very encouraging as he netted 10 times and then he was top scorer in the Eredivisie last season with 21 beating the like of the highly rated Lozano & De Jong.

Similarly when he was at NEC same thing happened, first season was not great but then did really well. However in those teams he meshed very well with his teammates and did very well overall as a team. At BHA sometimes on the pitch it looks like some specific players are avoiding playing the ball to him and I wonder if there is tension in the locker room. Gets along well with Bong it seems though so would love to see them play together.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
By results not yet forthcoming you mean after all 11 games he's played, only a handful of which he's even started? I know they say EPL fans are impatient but holy moley..

I reviewed the video again, I agree with your point about Gyokeres, however he would have been onsides if Knocky would've passed. I don't think Knocky likes ARJB anyways.. from the moment he's come to the club you can tell on the pitch never passes it to him and always throws an extra-outlandish fit should ARJB not play the ball exactly the way his highness likes.

Similarly when he was at NEC same thing happened, first season was not great but then did really well. However in those teams he meshed very well with his teammates and did very well overall as a team. At BHA sometimes on the pitch it looks like some specific players are avoiding playing the ball to him and I wonder if there is tension in the locker room. Gets along well with Bong it seems though so would love to see them play together.

That’s just rubbish mate . Our team are very together it’s a known fact . Ok knocky may have strops on the pitch but all players that have come in remark on the closeness of all .

Even if AJ isn’t liked he still has been mostly shite on the pitch but yes , it’s still early days

As for comparisons on the Dutch league , it’s a noddy league . Can’t really compare the two .

Hoping I’m wrong but to me AJ isn’t a prem player . Will keep supporting him though

As for Locadia , he looks a better signing than AJ but he’s still pretty poor for me. He is at least contributing at times . We need another striker in the summer regardless.

Gyokeres - impossible to say yet but he’s had half chances that I’ve seen prospects take .... we will see

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sorry I don’t agree.

At this level, players would not last long in any professional club, if they didn’t pass to players because they don’t get on.

If they don’t get on off the pitch that’s a shame, but does not impact on the pitch in any way.

I understand that you are a big AJ fan, but you also have to accept that he has taken a big step up in terms of intensity, speed of play and quality.

If I am honest given what we paid, I would have thought he would have adjusted a bit more quickly, but he hasn’t yet IMO.

Not writing him off but just work in progress.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
That’s just rubbish mate . Our team are very together it’s a known fact . Ok knocky may have strops on the pitch but all players that have come in remark on the closeness of all .

Even if AJ isn’t liked he still has been mostly shite on the pitch but yes , it’s still early days

As for comparisons on the Dutch league , it’s a noddy league . Can’t really compare the two .

Hoping I’m wrong but to me AJ isn’t a prem player . Will keep supporting him though

As for Locadia , he looks a better signing than AJ but he’s still pretty poor for me. He is at least contributing at times . We need another striker in the summer regardless.

Gyokeres - impossible to say yet but he’s had half chances that I’ve seen prospects take .... we will see

AJ was mediocre once again yesterday. Gave the ball away twice when we were in great counter attacking positions in the second half. Moaned at other players when he gave the ball away. I still can’t quite get over his performance away at Everton, which was one of the most inept displays I have witnessed from an Albion player. Looks like most ratings on here agree that he was poor.

Locadia, on the other hand, gave his all, won headers, never stopped running, gave both centre halves a challenge and the icing on the cake, a poachers finish.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m away, so didn’t get to see the match. What did Bissouma do well, and what were the failings in his game today?

He can and did collect the ball in deep midfield and run towards the opposition. Their defenders hated it. It was like watching the talented kid in the playground at times. His shot for the locadia goal was sublime.
On the downside, his decision-making is erratic. He seems happy going on instinct and using his athleticism but he lacks the composure to consistently make the right pass under pressure.
Also, his long-distance shooting (the goal aside) is , ahem, a work in progress going on yesterday and other games.
There are some on here who say he will be our first BIG transfer out. I think that will be dunk , but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bissouma ended up going for more money.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
AJ was mediocre once again yesterday. Gave the ball away twice when we were in great counter attacking positions in the second half. Moaned at other players when he gave the ball away. I still can’t quite get over his performance away at Everton, which was one of the most inept displays I have witnessed from an Albion player. Looks like most ratings on here agree that he was poor.

Locadia, on the other hand, gave his all, won headers, never stopped running, gave both centre halves a challenge and the icing on the cake, a poachers finish.

AJ is a really strange one. He has shown nothing to justify his price tag and reputation. Surely, there is so much more there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's most unlike a certain poster to be negative about Albion players.
If only they played for Spurs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are wrong, no could be about it. The screenshot I posted clearly shows Locadia in front of Knockaert as he takes the shot. Here's another one from the build up that shows the number 8 shirt (I'm not even sure how you can get Locadia and Bissouma mixed up as they are two completely different builds).

View attachment 104682

:whistle::rolleyes:

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I dont understand the negativity around AJ. He played a part in at least the 1st goal with his passing exchange with Bissouma. He is finding it difficult to get the ball sometimes which is not because players ignore him but because if you have a player on fire like Knockheart yesterday you are naturally going to get /he ball to him as much as possible. In addition players know Knockys skills better because he has been around longer. If we want the best from AJ which we should all hope for he needs more game time.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Button 6
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Burn 6
Bernardo 6
Bissouma 8 (Groß 86min, 5)
Stephens 6
Kayal 6
Knockaert 8
Locardia 7 (Gyokeres 81min, 5)
Jahanbahksh 5

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Button 5 As good a first touch as anybody but passing poor
Dunk 8 very good
Bunn 6 Cost goal with not feeling could use right foot to clear.
Bernardo 6 ok
Stevens 6 I just dont appreciate what he does
Kayal 6 ok and prefer to Stevens
Bissouma 6 Very hard to score as for two thirds of game 9/10 and outstanding but for other third 2/10 with so many errors. Great to watch though
Knockhaert 7 Good game and very good game
Locadia Has deserved a goal and bettter at todays role then out wide.
AllyJ 6 Sure will get better and would be interested to know his best positione
Gyokeres I bet he cant believe how many chances he has had in little time he has played and will be very dissapointed hasnt put any away

:bowdown:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Sorry he didnt create either. The first came from a pass from Bruno to Locadia out wide and a cross into Knockaert and the 2nd a shot by Bissouma that hit the post and was down to Locadias positioning and awareness in front of goal.

You are wrong, no could be about it. The screenshot I posted clearly shows Locadia in front of Knockaert as he takes the shot. Here's another one from the build up that shows the number 8 shirt (I'm not even sure how you can get Locadia and Bissouma mixed up as they are two completely different builds).

View attachment 104682

I’m not sure that confusing those two is even the best part. He also thinks that the tall, dark haired, Iranian number 16 in that image, is Bruno...

I’m going to refrain from criticising BG’s outlandish analysis, ever again. Poor old chap is clearly blind as a bat.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’m not sure that confusing those two is even the best part. He also thinks that the tall, dark haired, Iranian number 16 in that image, is Bruno...

I’m going to refrain from criticising BG’s outlandish analysis, ever again. Poor old chap is clearly blind as a bat.

Bruno did start the move by knocking the ball into the path of Bissouma, however that came inside our own half so you could be right that what BG described as Bruno passing out wide to Locadia was in reality the give and go between Bissouma and Ali J. I am not sure how someone can be so wrong when they claimed to have watched it back on the highlights.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based off of watching a stream, 6 as average.

Button 5 Had very little to do but nearly ****ed it up. Not his best day at the office.

Bruno 6 A good solid Bruno display.
Duffy 7 Dominated at the back.
Burn 5 Miscommunication with Button, poor clearance for their goal.
Bernardo 6 Working his way back to form and fitness.

Stephens 7 Dominated midfield.
Bissouma 7 Played a huge part in both goals, gave us attacking drive. Rawness and errors not a problem against such an ineffectual midfield.
Kayal 6 Did ok, nothing outstanding, nothing terrible.

Knockaert 7 looked like the knockaert of old. But then, like the knockaert of old, he was up against Championship calibre defenders.
Locadia 7 Decent performance. Worked hard, scored a goal gave the defence somethin to think about.
Ali J 6 Frustrating. There's clearly a skillful player in there he just seems to be struggloing with adapting to English football. Hopefully this is an acclimatising season and he'll hit the ground running next year.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Button 4 Very suspect for crosses
Bruno 7 a few errors but great support going forwards
Bernardo 6 Caught out a bit at times but it seems that whoever plays left back gets less support from the player in front (Knockaert/March excepted)
Duffy 7 Great block!
Burn 6 Good back up.
Knockaert 8
Stephens 7
Bissouma 8
Kayal 7
AJ 5 pretty ineffective. There must be a good player in there but not shown much yet.
Locadia 7 Played well in this position- Much better than out wide.

Gyokores 5 had chances to make it 3-1 but hesitated.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Watching on telly,but thought Bissouma and Knocky were outstanding,Locadia lightweight and lazy,Burn not bad and needs to learn from Shane to become good.Last season for Bruno and King Kayal,I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here