Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “Predict the justification for 5% increase in cost of Season Ticket” thread

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can I be the first to moan about the cost of going to a match next season.
With the rise in coach travel and now an increase in ST's it's going to cost me an extra £4 a game. Or put another way £1200 a season with pie and pint.
What do you mean, I'm not the first?

el punal

We have he only Premier League striker who can score with his COCK...:shrug:

Well, for it’s worth, the club are in talks with a Swiss clinic to initiate penile extensions for our forward players. This is quite an expensive venture hence the increase in season ticket prices in order to fund this project. The benefits are huge and a large number of members within the club are hoping to benefit from this. It is being done on a first come, first served basis. Already the coaching staff are implementing training sessions and tactics to teach the successful recipients on how useful this extension will be in beating the offside trap by strategic body placement in the penalty area. A spokesman for the club has stated it’s a wonderful tool in assisting the team to achieve its goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Straight to the point Paul, I love your new approach.

Why waste a thousand words.

I think Charles Dickens was asked this once. The answer is he was paid by the word.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Well, for it’s worth, the club are in talks with a Swiss clinic to initiate penile extensions for our forward players. This is quite an expensive venture hence the increase in season ticket prices in order to fund this project. The benefits are huge and a large number of members within the club are hoping to benefit from this. It is being done on a first come, first served basis. Already the coaching staff are implementing training sessions and tactics to teach the successful recipients on how useful this extension will be in beating the offside trap by strategic body placement in the penalty area. A spokesman for the club has stated it’s a wonderful tool in assisting the team to achieve its goals.

Shirley it is cheaper to just employ a couple of fluffers for before kick off and half time?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Can I be the first to moan about the cost of going to a match next season.
With the rise in coach travel and now an increase in ST's it's going to cost me an extra £4 a game. Or put another way £1200 a season with pie and pint.
What do you mean, I'm not the first?

Well don't have the pie or the pint and you'll actually be quids in.

You might as well just bounce the thread from last year. Ditto the one in Jan about train season tickets, ditto the one about the Mrs Browns Boys Christmas special and ditto the one about Gay Pride.

All the time the club are selling out every game why not put the prices up? Makes perfect sense to me.

The only way it'll change if people vote with their feet. All the time you are paying for it you are justifying the increase.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"We were too far down the path of adding this administrative fee before finding out no one wanted the membership to be included..."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The club can't afford to lose pace with its competitors in the premier league, and constantly offering FA cup tickets at such a low price is having a negative impact on the clubs ability to maximise its financial potential.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion's matchday income for 2017/18 was £18.5 million, compared to the average of the non 'Big 6' of £11.3 million, althogh that includes the travel contribution.

Remember Tony Bloom still lent the club a further £32 million in 2017/18, so the club is still consuming cash.

Premier League 2008-17 Non Big Six Average Matchday.png

Premier League 2018 Average Revenue Per Fan Per Match.png

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The club can't afford to lose pace with its competitors in the premier league, and constantly offering FA cup tickets at such a low price is having a negative impact on the clubs ability to maximise its financial potential.

They could of course counteract the low FA Cup ticket price impact by opening ESU seats for sale against Derby, thus bringing in sufficient additional revenue to balance the books.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here