Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Round of 16 - Albion v Frank Lampard's Derby

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Until now he has played his first team in the cup. We will be rested but as you say they have some Wednesday matches either side. Surely they will make massive changes to try and secure play offs won’t they?

Time will tell - but it's also a bit up in the air for us as well. If we have a bad weekend against Burnley I can see a "sod the cup, lets make sure we get safe" mentality cutting in - so 10/11 changes again. If we beat Burnley and re-establish some daylight there's little reason to rest players (other than giving the squad an outing) as we don't play again for 10 days for some reason. (by the way, what has happened to our game at Chelsea??)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Time will tell - but it's also a bit up in the air for us as well. If we have a bad weekend against Burnley I can see a "sod the cup, lets make sure we get safe" mentality cutting in - so 10/11 changes again. If we beat Burnley and re-establish some daylight there's little reason to rest players (other than giving the squad an outing) as we don't play again for 10 days for some reason. (by the way, what has happened to our game at Chelsea??)
Chelsea are in the Carabao Cup final on the weekend we should have played them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this the round where there are no longer replays and it is decided on the day ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we beat Derby then Albion v Cardiff will be postponed.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
So do we expect a similar side to last night`s game or can our first team really need a rest from Burnley on 9th to the Leicester game on the 26th?
There really is no excuse not to play our strongest possible line up.

el punal

I’ve suddenly realised this tie could have the two teams with the longest names since we played Rushden and Diamonds (39 letters) but not on a par with the League One outing against Dagenham and Redbridge (41).

Brighton and Hove Albion v Frank Lampard’s Derby County - the winner!! 45 letters! :O

I have now retired to my padded cell. :yawn:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Crodo reels them in with his classic 'round of 16' phrasing.

:fishing:

Shame he didn't mention Ruel Fox's connection with WBA, though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here