Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I dont think it was actually. Without the blue and white striped glasses, I don't think it completely crossed the line.

Screenshot_20190102-211526_Chrome.jpg
I already posted this on the main thread, but didn't want your fingers to get tired :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we belong where we are. We were no better than West Ham, who themselves are a decent Premier league team. Almost every team has results they'll rue and we're no exception. Look at West Ham, they've taken one point from our two games. It's not unreasonable to think they'll look at that as points dropped is it?

This.

It’s incredible that we are where are, surrounded by clubs who’ve spent double or more on fees/wages on internationals, with many seasons of PL know-how.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Frustrating, we should have won that. They’re a really average side and I felt we were going to win that before we went ahead.

This has been a really strange season, considering we look quite comfortable and most people would say we should be happy where we are, I honestly think we should be higher up the table and on more points. For me we’re better than West Ham, Bournemouth and Wolves etc so should be looking at 8th/9th place.

We’ve dropped so many points we should have won this season, the players and manager need more belief in themselves. We’re better than we think we are.

We're exactly where we should be. Other teams could easily say the same about some of their games. We've also got a fair number of points when we've really not played well. We are definitely improving away from home though, hopefully we'll pick up more points on the road this half of the season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, because every time a team goes 2 up, the other team never gets back into it.
Eh? If you're winning by two, it's understandable that you're disappointed if you don't win. What on earth has the fact that we know it's possible we might not win got to do with it?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
13 shots with 6 on target. Our highest number away from home in the EPL?......this season ....maybe last as well. WHU exactly the same stats and so a draw seems a fair result.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eh? If you're winning by two, it's understandable that you're disappointed if you don't win. What on earth has the fact that we know it's possible we might not win got to do with it?

Disappointed? Yes but suggesting we ****ed it up takes away from the fact that both West Ham goals were good ones, although Maty may have done better with the first...maybe.

Watching on a stream where they showed it a few times I think it was over the line.

The stream I was watching clearly showed the ball did NOT go out. Very close, but the whole of the ball was not over the line.

Having said that, I thought Bernardo was clearly pushed.

We left our subs too late, not for the first time. I would have bought on Andone and or Knocky, or maybe both, when we were two nill up. West hame were all over the place we could have finished them off then if we'd been ruthless.

Having said all that, I would have taken a point before the game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Obviously, disappointed to lose a 2 goal lead in a couple of minutes, but West Ham looked more likely to win after that, so I'm fairly content, and probably a fair result overall.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This.

It’s incredible that we are where are, surrounded by clubs who’ve spent double or more on fees/wages on internationals, with many seasons of PL know-how.

Quite. We will finish in the middle third because we don't remotely look look we belong in the bottom third and the top third is pie in the sky. Some of the football we do play is very special to be honest and it boils my piss to read people describing someone like Bong as shite. He really isn't, he's just playing in a squad that is one of the top 15 in the country.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disappointed? Yes but suggesting we ****ed it up takes away from the fact that both West Ham goals were good ones
I didn't say we ****ed it up, I was just responding to a post that said people were miserable gits if they were unhappy.

although Maty may have done better with the first...maybe.
Bit harsh blaming Matt Ryan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Most fans want us to attack more away from home, but if you do that you leave gaps at the back, ergo in scoring more you're also likely to concede more.

The likes of Watford take risks. Tonight they also threw away a 2-goal lead but it is that spirit of adventure that has lifted them to 8th place in the table.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I think we belong where we are. We were no better than West Ham, who themselves are a decent Premier league team. Almost every team has results they'll rue and we're no exception. Look at West Ham, they've taken one point from our two games. It's not unreasonable to think they'll look at that as points dropped is it?

I thought they were really poor. Bar that 10 minute spell they offered nothing. Arnautovic is an outstanding player, best on the pitch, but apart from that they are really not that good.

I agree all teams will have results they rue but do you honestly think Watford, Wolves, Everton and Bournemouth are all better than us over a season? I certainly don’t. Leicester are the seventh best side but after that we should definitey be aiming for 8th. We just need that extra confidence to go for wins when we’re drawing and not concede defeat to ‘big’ clubs before the match has started.

Just 4 points more would put us in 8th currently and we’d have had that if we’d won when we should have tonight and against Leicester. Let alone the games against Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Burnley when the points were there for the taking if we’d tried to actually win from the start.

This isn’t meant to be overly critical of Hughton as he is obviously doing very well, but I just think the whole club need to believe in ourselves a bit more. We’re actually a really good premier league side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here