Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Radio Two and Simon Mayo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey talk about putting the boot in because someone is ....erm a tad big .....anyway moving on...anyone keen on the geezer that does the weekday afternoon show on R5 ..I'm struggling to listen..I'm probably no longer their demographic..perhas I should switch to R2 :moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey talk about putting the boot in because someone is ....erm a tad big
Indeed there is someone on here who tells us we shouldn't be body shaming people. It's a fair point to raise, most people don't 'choose' to be fat any more than people 'choose' to be alcoholics, but then I also think it's good for the health of the nation if we all generally think it's not a good idea to be morbidly obese.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Whiley was missing today, thought Mayo had more connection with Lisa Tarbuck leading to a better show. Somethings going on behind the scenes though, he’s missed 3-4 weeks through holiday or illness and their joint show’s only been going 4-5 months.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Indeed there is someone on here who tells us we shouldn't be body shaming people. It's a fair point to raise, most people don't 'choose' to be fat any more than people 'choose' to be alcoholics, but then I also think it's good for the health of the nation if we all generally think it's not a good idea to be morbidly obese.
I believe it is a sad story of him becoming a recluse after his wife left. I did read quite a vicious article about him a while back. Apparently he used to fly to the U S just to listen to their radio. Sounds obsessive and that has manifested itself in a sad way after divorce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NSC nails it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Worth adding this to:
He added: "Maybe it needs to be said, maybe not but so there is no room for argument I'll be clear.
"I've loved working with the exceptional Jo Whiley and when the show was 'reconfigured ' she was my first and only choice.
Twitter post by [MENTION=21]Simon[/MENTION]mayo: One other thing. Maybe it needs to be said, maybe not but so there is no room for argument I’ll be clear. I’ve loved working with the exceptional Jo Whiley and when the show was ‘reconfigured ‘ she was my first and only choice.Image Copyright [MENTION=21]Simon[/MENTION]mayo@SIMONMAYO
"Some of the abuse she has had here has been appalling. Support for a show is one thing, assaulting the dignity of a warm-hearted and loyal friend is another.
"So by all means discuss what's happening here, but let's keep some civility. Thank you. Here endeth the lesson. "

So thats that then.......

I will miss the confessions podcast ...over the years its contained many confessions that have produced real laugh out loud moments

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Simon Mayo is leaving and Jo Whiley is moving to 7-9pm slot, so this whole experiment has been a waste of time and they’ve lost a really good drive time show for what?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Worth adding this to:
He added: "Maybe it needs to be said, maybe not but so there is no room for argument I'll be clear.
"I've loved working with the exceptional Jo Whiley and when the show was 'reconfigured ' she was my first and only choice.
Twitter post by [MENTION=21]Simon[/MENTION]mayo: One other thing. Maybe it needs to be said, maybe not but so there is no room for argument I’ll be clear. I’ve loved working with the exceptional Jo Whiley and when the show was ‘reconfigured ‘ she was my first and only choice.Image Copyright [MENTION=21]Simon[/MENTION]mayo@SIMONMAYO
"Some of the abuse she has had here has been appalling. Support for a show is one thing, assaulting the dignity of a warm-hearted and loyal friend is another.
"So by all means discuss what's happening here, but let's keep some civility. Thank you. Here endeth the lesson. "

So thats that then.......

I will miss the confessions podcast ...over the years its contained many confessions that have produced real laugh out loud moments
So why is he leaving then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here