Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone or Locardia

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gross provided those stats because of the specific role he was playing. Locadia is often played out on the wing. Listen, I agree with what you are saying - but I do think that the players in question aren't all that bad. Some will probably continue to flop, other I would expect an improvement from. Especially Andone. I don't understand why everyone hates him now.
I don't hate him - I reckon he'll be great this season.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Sure, there is something to be said for that . But locadia in particular wouldn’t be high calibre in any premier league set up . Murray is a year older. I like Andone but he is what he is - a £5m player.
It’s an even tougher league this season
If we don’t sign someone quite a lot better, I can’t see three other teams finishing below us

Locadia would be the weaker link for sure. I do wonder if he is played as an out and out striker we may see a difference.

Andone - there's def a player there. He is a pest. Worth more than 5 million, for sure.

League - I've thought that for every league we have been a part of. "If only it was last years league". I would expect Norwich and Sheff Utd to struggle. Villa probably have enough financial power to get themselves out of trouble. It's anyone's guess though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Because he only had two good centre backs. Swansea fans have been on this board to tell us that fact and you know it.

Check out his 6 seasons (or so) at Östersunds. Mostly 50/50 back 3/back 4 EVERY season!

What are the preferred tactics over there though? If teams were generally playing with 2 up front, then a back 3 makes total sense. Very few teams in the Premier League do that though, so it would seem a bit of a waste of a player to have a back 3, especially if one of them is Duffy.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Locadia would be the weaker link for sure. I do wonder if he is played as an out and out striker we may see a difference.

Andone - there's def a player there. He is a pest. Worth more than 5 million, for sure.

League - I've thought that for every league we have been a part of. "If only it was last years league". I would expect Norwich and Sheff Utd to struggle. Villa probably have enough financial power to get themselves out of trouble. It's anyone's guess though.

Didn't we try to sign him for 3 times that the year before?

For my money, I'm in the Andone camp if given a choice. There's a very good forward player in there (albeit one who has weaknesses).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Mods won't change the thread title.

They all hate Big Jurg and will do anything to undermine him just to prove their derision correct.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gross provided those stats because of the specific role he was playing. Locadia is often played out on the wing. Listen, I agree with what you are saying - but I do think that the players in question aren't all that bad. Some will probably continue to flop, other I would expect an improvement from. Especially Andone. I don't understand why everyone hates him now.

Who hates him? Not seen that? I think it's more about expectations. I like Andone, I'm more reserved that as our no.1 striker he can show the required consistency week in week out. That isn't to hate him, that is just an opinion. I don't hate any of our players, my expectations for them making this huge leap under a new manager is just less than others. I just hope people aren't too impatient or frustrated if things don't go well at the start, Potter's going to need a bit of time.

He comes in with a lot of our support still beyond Hughton and where he took us, and a lot glad to see the back of the previous manager and expecting a revolution. The truth maybe somewhere around the middle, and some steps forward, time will tell.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Mods won't change the thread title.

They all hate Big Jurg and will do anything to undermine him just to prove their derision correct.

You need to message Big Jurg and lay a track down...

The mods won't listen
They only lie
Big Jurg's the master
No one can deny

Give me the space
and I will deliver
I can be the ace
making defenders quiver

So **** you mods
you don't know shit
stick to your day jobs
I've got my new kit...yeah.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The mods won't listen
They only lie
Big Jurg's the master
No one can deny

Give me the space
and I will deliver
I can be the ace
making defenders quiver

So **** you mods
you don't know shit
stick to your day jobs

My god you're bored. :lol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The mods won't listen
They only lie
Big Jurg's the master
No one can deny

Give me the space
and I will deliver
I can be the ace
making defenders quiver

So **** you mods
you don't know shit
stick to your day jobs
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] com'in in on the mic...

Big Jurg you have got it
Stat Brother knows it's true
Mods talking shit
They haven't got a clue

I don't want you to fret
I don't want you to worry
I'm doing everything to get
the end of Glenn Murray

[stat brother freezes then mic drops...]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Andone will probably start if we fail to bring in another striker with Locadia who i personally think is the better player of the two warming the bench , Andone has a tendency to get himself booked with annoying frequency and will no doubt miss quite a few games through suspension , it's going to be very interesting to see who impressed Potter the most and thus far no loan move for Connolly so perhaps we may be in for a suprise and neither Andone or Locadia will be the main man , i think everyone would agree that we definately need a quality striker to add to the current squad and if we don't then we will not score enough goals this season with what we have to stay up .
Not everyone (see various posts on this thread).

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Not everyone (see various posts on this thread).

This! Really shocked so many on here are satisfied with our striker options- if we don’t strengthen our forward line we’ll be bottom: for definite- we had the worst forwards apart from Hudds last season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All strikers score a percentage of the chances they get (although obviously the top, top strikers have a higher conversion rate). Take away the top six, I be very surprised if our strikers conversion rate wasn't roughly similar to most other lower PL clubs. It's just that our strikers scored a percentage of next to no chances, because that's all they got to work on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] com'in in on the mic...

Big Jurg you have got it
Stat Brother knows it's true
Mods talking shit
They haven't got a clue

I don't want you to fret
I don't want you to worry
I'm doing everything to get
the end of Glenn Murray

[stat brother freezes then mic drops...]

[It’s Ali-J next on stage as he retrieves the mic]

Yo Stat Bro!
Me loving your flow
But your colostomy was full
Now it’s time to cut the bull

So I’m spitting out the rhymes
To address this forum’s crimes
Coz the dissin of the J
Has been ruining my day

Led by the Mods
Me been receiving the dogs
Wid da leader getting bone
If thinks I’m out on loan!

This cummin season
I’ll be playing with a reason
Give my brethren back their boat
And I’ll keep this team afloat!

Boooooooooooo

[Ali J exits stage right handing over the mic and high fiving the on coming MC]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
[It’s Ali-J next on stage as he retrieves the mic]

Yo Stat Bro!
Me loving your flow
But your colostomy was full
Now it’s time to cut the bull

So I’m spitting out the rhymes
To address this forum’s crimes
Coz the dissin of the J
Has been ruining my day

Led by the Mods
Me been receiving the dogs
Wid da leader getting bone
If thinks I’m out on loan!

This cummin season
I’ll be playing with a reason
Give my brethren back their boat
And I’ll keep this team afloat!

Boooooooooooo

[Ali J exits stage right handing over the mic and high fiving the on coming MC]

Pray silence for the Button,
I'm tired of getting stepped on.
You don't know my name
and bloody Maty Ryan's to blame.

Walton, Sanchez and Steele,
how am I supposed to feel?
Even when I got to play,
being first choice, I didn't have a say.

Why can't I be number one?
My career has just begun,
I'm going to play for England you'll see,
Pickford and Butland ain't got nothing on me.

I've got to pass on the mic to my right,
so I say this to Ryan I'm going to fight,
I'm going to be first choice under Potter,
cause just like this summer, Button's getting hotter

:albion2:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
All strikers score a percentage of the chances they get (although obviously the top, top strikers have a higher conversion rate). Take away the top six, I be very surprised if our strikers conversion rate wasn't roughly similar to most other lower PL clubs. It's just that our strikers scored a percentage of next to no chances, because that's all they got to work on.

Top top strikers like Glenn Murray who had the third best conversion rate in the Prem last season.
https://talksport.com/football/548070/premier-league-strikers-accurate-stats/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Top top strikers like Glenn Murray who had the third best conversion rate in the Prem last season.
https://talksport.com/football/548070/premier-league-strikers-accurate-stats/

Exactly. And if the striker support services (particularly midfield) had provided three times as many chances................

I was, of course, thinking more about Andone and Locadia's conversion rates - that may be more significant than Murray's in the coming season. They certainly didn't score many, but was their conversion rate significantly lower than the norm for a mid to lower PL team?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here