Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Heard a rumour Arsenal sniffing about and Bloom put a 30m price on Dunk.

Source was an Arsenal season ticket holder so its probably absolute bollocks

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
- Brighton are one of the richest clubs in the world. They don't need to sell and don't want to sell. Bloom will always give our best players new contracts to ward off interest.
- Dunk and Duffy are key to our current team, i'm sure Potter concurs and clearly up there as our best players and the spine of a team to build around.
- Dunk is also not Harry Maguire (first choice for England) and wouldn't attract such a fee or interest from Big 6 clubs.
- There is currently no credible reporting that anyone is even interested in Dunk or Duffy let alone considering a bid.
- Let alone to Leicester.
- So i'd say - relax.
- And roll on August 8th when this will finally be over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
- Brighton are one of the richest clubs in the world. They don't need to sell and don't want to sell. Bloom will always give our best players new contracts to ward off interest.
- Dunk and Duffy are key to our current team, i'm sure Potter concurs and clearly up there as our best players and the spine of a team to build around.
- Dunk is also not Harry Maguire (first choice for England) and wouldn't attract such a fee or interest from Big 6 clubs.
- There is currently no credible reporting that anyone is even interested in Dunk or Duffy let alone considering a bid.
- Let alone to Leicester.
- So i'd say - relax.
- And roll on August 8th when this will finally be over.
I tend to agree and the closer we get to the deadline the less likely Tony is to sell ( see Burnley's late bids for Stephens ).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think that Dunk will thrive is a more attacking set up. He has plenty of skill on the ball, can score with his head and can lay off a great ball. Who is to say that he’s not really enthusiastic about playing for a team that look like they may attack much more this season,

Local lad so my gut feeling is he’ll see how things go. If they go badly he may well want to move on in January.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think that Dunk will thrive is a more attacking set up. He has plenty of skill on the ball, can score with his head and can lay off a great ball. Who is to say that he’s not really enthusiastic about playing for a team that look like they may attack much more this season,

Local lad so my gut feeling is he’ll see how things go. If they go badly he may well want to move on in January.

Quite. A “new” Albion full of courage and purpose will suit Lewis IMHO.

And probably add another few million to his value..if it works. Being in the shop window for desperate last gasp clearance off the line and throwing himself in front of full on leathering week in and week out must be tiresome.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Quite. A “new” Albion full of courage and purpose will suit Lewis IMHO.

And probably add another few million to his value..if it works. Being in the shop window for desperate last gasp clearance off the line and throwing himself in front of full on leathering week in and week out must be tiresome.

Especially when there is so much more to his game

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Especially when there is so much more to his game

Yep. Even his brief appearance at International showed what he can do when not being a moving target for stinging shots and goal mouth scrambles.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Arsenal can afford him, especially if they're already breaking their budget to sign Zaha.

This “budget” has to be a smokescreen by Arsenal to try and get players at a knock down rate surely? No way can they only go to 45 million in this window. Quite clever.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

So are you saying ‘Lenny Rider’ is Ian Hart?
IF THAT IS TRUE then it underlines even more that this person has just made this topic up, generated interest, then ‘reported’ on it, I assume for profit. Fake news. I stand by my previous statement that where this is proven then threads like this should be removed and the poster’s access to this forum reviewed.

P.S. I read the linked ‘article’ (which won’t happen again) and it reads like it was written by a 15 year old.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
IF THAT IS TRUE then it underlines even more that this person has just made this topic up, generated interest, then ‘reported’ on it, I assume for profit. Fake news. I stand by my previous statement that where this is proven then threads like this should be removed and the poster’s access to this forum reviewed.

P.S. I read the linked ‘article’ (which won’t happen again) and it reads like it was written by a 15 year old.

I'm not sure this will go well for you.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I imagine our players are as excited as we are (well, most of us, or at least intrigued) at the prospect of a new manager and new tactics. Would they really to jump right now?

A new manager with little experience of the Premiership, both of our central defenders showed up very well last season and are likely to receive offers far better than we can offered,good luck to them

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A new manager with little experience of the Premiership, both of our central defenders showed up very well last season and are likely to receive offers far better than we can offered,good luck to them

Why does it matter that he has little experience of the top division in Scotland?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Lenny Rider is indeed Ian Harty Hart.
I’ve got a lot of time for harty but that article is shit.

He can do a LOT better than that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here