Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Rules For Next Season

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Free-kicks

When a defending team has three or more players in a wall, the attacking team can no longer place a player in or next to it.

If an attacker is standing within one yard (1m) of the wall when the kick is taken, they will be penalised with an indirect free-kick.

Whats the point of that

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
What can cause game to stop? I.e. resulting in drop ball.
If in the area ball goes to defending team. So when player in on goal, could defending team don”something” before ball goes in that would result in stopping game? (And this stopping goal and getting possession back!!!)

As always, the TV pundits will judge the game and incidents based on what they “think” the laws “should be”, not what the laws actually are! I think MOTD should have resident expert ref, will stop Shearer etc. talking crap about decisions :D

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
"If an attacker is standing within one yard (1m) of the wall when the kick is taken, they will be penalised with an indirect free-kick."

So just get someone to enter the wall at the last moment making an opposition player within 1 m and you get the free kick moved forward? Odd.

No, the free kick would go to the other team. The kick would not go forward under any circumstances.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
'Substitutions

A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour'

About time too.

Can you imagine Birmingham v Villa and Grealish having to walk around half the pitch in front of the Blues fans!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just so long as:-

"Lino lino the balls not in the quadrant"
"Lino can't you see the ball's not in the quadrant"
"Lino do you know the rules, the ball's not in the quadrant"

A part of the ball is always breaking the plane of the 3 pointed quadrant.

Then all will be right in the world, or my little block.
No new rule will ever take the place of 'quadrant abuse'. :lol:

Did you notice in the CL Final on a Liverpool corner, the linesman refused to let the corner be taken even though part of the part was braking the line, and wanted the ball inside the quadrant. The Liverpool player showed remarkable restraint by not pointing out the linesman was wrong and ust moved the ball into the quadrant

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Will lino's be encouraged to apply the 'all of the ball over all of the line' law, or just continue to stick their flag up in the air on a whim like they do now?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
No change on the diving law is a complete cop out.

I was hoping for something like this.

(If a player deliberately dives to gain an advantage this will now result in a straight red card.)

Why on earth this hasn't been looked at is beyond me, diving would stop pretty quickly if refs dished a red instead of a yellow, I can only assume the powers that be are quite happy to watch serial cheating every week.

Juan Albion

No change on the diving law is a complete cop out.

I was hoping for something like this.

(If a player deliberately dives to gain an advantage this will now result in a straight red card.)

Why on earth this hasn't been looked at is beyond me, diving would stop pretty quickly if refs dished a red instead of a yellow, I can only assume the powers that be are quite happy to watch serial cheating every week.

The problem with that is that the refs often get it wrong the other way. Bad enough not being given what was a clear-cut penalty but getting a player sent off as well.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The problem with that is that the refs often get it wrong the other way. Bad enough not being given what was a clear-cut penalty but getting a player sent off as well.

With VAR it's absolutely enforceable surely, I mean the whole point of VAR is to right possible wrongs so it was a perfect opportunity to stamp this ugly part of modern day football out once and for all.

Juan Albion

With VAR it's absolutely enforceable surely, I mean the whole point of VAR is to right possible wrongs so it was a perfect opportunity to stamp this ugly part of modern day football out once and for all.

Your faith in VAR is deeper than mine.

Edit: Don't forget, most leagues still won't have VAR.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good luck with these rules. Over half the numpties on here didn’t know offside offences could lead to a freekick being taken from offenders own half.

God help next year when the ill informed scream for policemen the moment one of the new rules are committed

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
VAR is a crock of old shyte , if i was a ref i'd go out on strike , how dare anybody question Myke deens officiating when everything he does is in a professional unbiased manner .

JeMoZH.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Substitutions

A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour'

About time too.

How long will it be before a goal is given offside because the linesman has seen a player on the other side of the field? It's why subs warming up wear bibs.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
How long will it be before a goal is given offside because the linesman has seen a player on the other side of the field? It's why subs warming up wear bibs.

Could be fun when the opposition pantomime villain has to make the walk of shame back to their bench in front of the north stand.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you imagine Birmingham v Villa and Grealish having to walk around half the pitch in front of the Blues fans!

Read the rule - there is a get-out and this is why players about to be subbed will locate themselves deep into oppo fan territory (in the goal mouth) meaning they can walk half the length and width of the pitch to the half way line in order to 'avoid putting their health and safety at risk'.

One of the other changes now allows a player to kick, knee or head the ball onto his own hand or arm deliberately and get away with it.

The clowns have changed the rules without beta testing them. Who knew they would do that? ???

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just so long as:-

"Lino lino the balls not in the quadrant"
"Lino can't you see the ball's not in the quadrant"
"Lino do you know the rules, the ball's not in the quadrant"

A part of the ball is always breaking the plane of the 3 pointed quadrant.

Then all will be right in the world, or my little block.
No new rule will ever take the place of 'quadrant abuse'. :lol:

Always amuses me the angst caused by a ball 1cm outside the quadrant, compared to the metres made by unscrupulous players on throw ins and free kicks

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
"If an attacker is standing within one yard (1m) of the wall when the kick is taken, they will be penalised with an indirect free-kick."

So just get someone to enter the wall at the last moment making an opposition player within 1 m and you get the free kick moved forward? Odd.

No, the free kick would go to the other team. The kick would not go forward under any circumstances.

If an extra defender or two joins the wall at the last moment, thus making the closest attacker within 1m, then would the defending team get an indirect free-kick? Would be interesting to see the fun and games there. Or, the wall could suddenly jump to one side, or take a step backwards - might be quite entertaining!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here