Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO US-based Albion fans: NBC's Sports Gold package

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
No, you are not.

As I understand it, that is what this is all about - these 130 games will no longer be shown on any of the NBC channels or online as part of existing subscriptions - you will have to pay the $49.99 to watch these games.

On what platform will the games be shown? Will I have to watch in an iPad rather than on the TV?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
On what platform will the games be shown? Will I have to watch in an iPad rather than on the TV?

For those 130 you will have to subscribe. For any matches shown on NBC Sports Network or NBC you will still be able to watch them as part of your package. It is those matches that were previously shown free on the Extra Time option that you now have to subscribe to watch. The City game for example will not fall under those 130 games.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
For those 130 you will have to subscribe. For any matches shown on NBC Sports Network or NBC you will still be able to watch them as part of your package. It is those matches that were previously shown free on the Extra Time option that you now have to subscribe to watch. The City game for example will not fall under those 130 games.

But will they still be shown on the Extra Time channels or will it be mobile only?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
But will they still be shown on the Extra Time channels or will it be mobile only?

As per the e-mail I received:-

Catch all the action at home or on the go with access across Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com

I am assuming I will be able to log in online via my laptop (and watch the game on my tv via an HDMI cable).

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
She is wrong. The point is, DIRECTV won't be charging extra for these games - because they won't be available via your cable/satellite provider.

Anyway, as you say, you will find out next week. Albion's game against Man City is being shown on NBC so you'll get to see that okay. However, the 3 games shown below (Saints v Swansea, Palace v Huddersfield and WBA v Bournemouth) will all only be available via the new Sports Gold subscription. If you can't find any of these via your DIRECTV service (and you won't) then you won't be able to see Albion's matches at Leicester City and Watford over the next couple of weeks (without ponying up your $50).

View attachment 87880

[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]. Just to let you know you were correct and the NBCSNGold streaming service is needed if the Albion are not on the main TV channels. Still for $50 its still good value. Once I had purchased and set up the account I watched on my Amazon Fire Stick (its a pre loaded app) and it picked up my account straight away. Also works if you stream on laptop and use Apple TV.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]. Just to let you know you were correct and the NBCSNGold streaming service is needed if the Albion are not on the main TV channels. Still for $50 its still good value. Once I had purchased and set up the account I watched on my Amazon Fire Stick (its a pre loaded app) and it picked up my account straight away. Also works if you stream on laptop and use Apple TV.

:thumbsup:

Glad you are now set-up to see all Albion's Premier League games.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
AZ Gull.. can I just come over and watch at your house? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here