Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Godspeed to our aircrew.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Naturally I wish them safe. And I'm not going to be sorry to hear the termination of the life of merciless killers.

I am not apologising for opposing this action though. Even if I am falsely branded a 'terrorist sympathiser' by our elected leader.

This action, I believe, is the start of a mission creep. One that is less defined by a humanitarian agenda, and more by a political one.

Ultimately thousands of innocent lives will be lost, and the straight lines, drawn with the skills of a Victorian cartographer on those proud pink maps of Africa, will be drawn again. To the winners the spoils.

ISIS are evil, they oppress the many. And a few of those governments involved in this action know all about that.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the world many people suffer in places that foreign policy doesn't reach- because their suffering is relevant only when it is proportional to another's national interest.

When are we bombing Burma ? We won't be, relieving the suffering those tortured souls is of no interest- because there isn't any profit in such interest

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I dont consider them our youth.

You do an amazing job of doing ISIS's work for them.

“The Muslims in the West will quickly find themselves between one of two choices, they either apostatize and adopt the kufrī [infidel] religion propagated by Bush, Obama, Blair, Cameron, Sarkozy, and Hollande in the name of Islam so as to live amongst the kuffār [infidels] without hardship, or they perform hijrah [emigrate] to the Islamic State and thereby escape persecution from the crusader governments and citizens... Muslims in the crusader countries will find themselves driven to abandon their homes for a place to live in the Khilāfah, as the crusaders increase persecution against Muslims living in Western lands so as to force them into a tolerable sect of apostasy in the name of 'Islam' before forcing them into blatant Christianity and democracy.”

Taken from their own bloody propaganda magazines.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I understand what you say and I'm happy that morally I disagree. It's a debate of polar opposites perhaps for another day. But in this instance, and purely on the basis of hard numbers born here and educated here (and entirely unextraditable) you are wrong.

An opinion or beleif of something abstract cannot be wrong, By what objective measure are you using?. Islamic obligation is to conquor/spread Islam, its just a question of how.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

“The Muslims in the West will quickly find themselves between one of two choices, they either apostatize and adopt the kufrī [infidel] religion propagated by Bush, Obama, Blair, Cameron, Sarkozy, and Hollande in the name of Islam so as to live amongst the kuffār [infidels] without hardship, or they perform hijrah [emigrate] to the Islamic State and thereby escape persecution from the crusader governments and citizens... Muslims in the crusader countries will find themselves driven to abandon their homes for a place to live in the Khilāfah, as the crusaders increase persecution against Muslims living in Western lands so as to force them into a tolerable sect of apostasy in the name of 'Islam' before forcing them into blatant Christianity and democracy.”

And therein lies the problem. Acts of terror provoke an entirely foreseeable response and the only way to defeat it is to choose to ignore the knee jerk and choose a route they cannot use so readily to glorify themselves.

Hard choices. No easy answers (certainly not from me).
The worry is that as you demonstrate so well, the easy choices are easy for a reason.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Quite right. We fight them here or there, I will not kneel down with you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No. We currently propose to fight them here AND there.
And they us.

All of which plays into the hands of those with extremist and radical views spoiling for a fight between Islam and the rest.

I suspect that the answer to this lay somewhere between ignoring/kneeling down and bloodshed as these extremes are the chosen weapons of the enemy.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
[MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] i agree e also like the fact that American drone have already killed more innocent people than ISIS, in fact didn't I read today the "good ol US" have had 355 mass shootings this year also more than ISIS ...but they still legally own guns, the world's gone wrong

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
And therein lies the problem. Acts of terror provoke an entirely foreseeable response and the only way to defeat it is to choose to ignore the knee jerk and choose a route they cannot use so readily to glorify themselves.
Hard choices. No easy answers (certainly not from me).
The worry is that as you demonstrate so well, the easy choices are easy for a reason.

Well, what is this route?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
All of which plays into the hands of those with extremist and radical views spoiling for a fight between Islam and the rest.

I suspect that the answer to this lay somewhere between ignoring/kneeling down and bloodshed as these extremes are the chosen weapons of the enemy.[/QUOTE]

OK, so what is the answer?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The why's and wherefores have been debated many times, I agree with the the ad title. Safe and successful missions, no RAF casualties, no loss of planes and hopefully no innocent victims would please me greatly

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Just like in Paris sadly.

But at the end of the day an eye for an eye don't solve anything. All this bombing insures is more people will be looking to exact vengeance on the British if their family or friends are killed. Thus creating more terrorists and problems we don't need. We've played right into ISIS/ISIL/IS or whatever they go bys hands.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But at the end of the day an eye for an eye don't solve anything. All this bombing insures is more people will be looking to exact vengeance on the British if their family or friends are killed. Thus creating more terrorists and problems we don't need. We've played right into ISIS/ISIL/IS or whatever they go bys hands.

So true, the innocent Syrian eyes taken in this bombing campaign will outweigh those lost in Paris and be measured in orders of magnitude.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I know only 1 bomb can have devestating consequences and I'm not getting into the should we shouldn't we debate. But I was shocked to hear we are only talking about 6 or 7 planes!

attachment.php

Yep, they won't even scratch the surface.

Attachments

• RAF_Tornados_hit_Taliban_bombers_2.jpg
    RAF_Tornados_hit_Taliban_bombers_2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 563

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With terrorist groups of the past, their demands and objectives were usually quite clear. e.g. IRA wanted Brits [protestants] out of Northern Ireland - the PLO [now Hezbollah] want Jews removed from Israel and Israel rebranded back to Palestine.

So what is the ISIS demand? That the entire population of the planet revert to Islam? aka Muslimanity

I know we've moved on and it was a few years ago, but weren't the crusades supposed to have resolved this?
Where is our NSC resident historian ....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So what is the ISIS demand? ....

Their agenda isn't terror, that's just a bi-product. Their agenda is conquest, by violence. Its an islamic oblgation to expand the muslim world, they just differ in how. Rapid breeding isn't enough as non-muslims etc can see it coming, preying on women of other communities has diminishing returns., Helps to thin out the heard of the enemy. A slow process of culling but every bit helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here