Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ultras upset ...yet again

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Exactly what I was thinking. I can just imagine Zaha, a brilliant footballer earning over £100K a week who must have worked hard his whole life to get where he is, being bothered about what 150 teenagers think of him. Like they are going to in any way shape his performance on the pitch in a cup quarter final.

It's like they think they are like the ultras at Lazio or somewhere, where there are 10,000 of them and they'll turn up at the training ground and threaten the players if they aren't doing well enough. I can totally see how that could affect you as a player, but a hundred or so Nigels with black hoodies don't carry the same weight somehow.

I have been forced to visit their training ground on business on many occasions and can confirm that the number of ultras outside is usually considerably less than 10,000. Considerably less than 1, actually.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I guess they have banned the drum. Which is about 80% of the 'atmosphere' they manage to generate. All they have left is their tiresome 'red and blue' ditty.

#diddums

Thanks.

I'm trying to be non-partisan about it, but you seriously have to hold yourself in some ****ing high regard to write (and publish) something like that don't you. Like, you really have to fancy yourself to write something so simultaneously self-aggrandising, self-pitying and patronising.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There'll still be a drum...

2822425.jpg

I LOVE Harry The Hornet

More of the same please Harry.

He's gonna cry in a minute :lolol: Even the bloke in the tracksuit that comes to get Zahahahaha is laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQa-KaSMFf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRbrSgcIMKQ

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To think if they hadn't scored a last minute goal against 10 man Grimsby, we wouldn't have this now. [emoji38]ol:
Indeed.

They'd be playing at Tottenham this weekend, so the ultras wouldn't know who to support.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Every printed word that comes from these idiots seems to be predicated upon a belief that they are standing on the right side of history in a battle to save the soul of their club. All of their utterances sound like outtakes from Braveheart that had too much hyperbole even for Mel Gibson. In reality they are just football supporters hoping that their team wins.

Many on this board know what it is like to actually have to act to prevent a club from dying and would have no desire to have to do it again. When you have lived through times that really did need everyone to pull together, when you have had to conceive of a future where your club may not exist, reading the stuff that they issue does ring a bit hollow.

This lot are just playing dress up. They sound like a gang of junior school kids striding arm in arm around a playground chanting 'Who wants to play - WAR?' They should be an embarrassment to their club, but bizarrely they are instead feted and given special treatment and favour to the detriment of long term fans. As a rival I should be gleeful about their existence, as everything they do invites ridicule. Unfortunately the combination of Parrish's ill founded respect for them and our having been through a period when our club was also run by fools who didn't care a jot for supporters, leaves me slightly irked that I have to feel sympathy for real Palace fans.

The UA really are a complete and utter joke, and they continue to be an embarrassment to any (and yes there are plenty) decent Palace fans. Just look at their forums and you see a divided fan base, caused by these 50 black clad teenagers. Most hate the drum and the crappy euro style dirges they come up with.

Toys out of the pram at the beginning of the season when they didn't get their own way regarding the seats they want. Ends up with Disney taking his pants down, giving them what they want at the expense of long term Palace STH who will now be moved (in some cases splitting up fans who have sat together since that stand was built) Exactly what do the UA have on him? Can you imagine our Chairman behaving like that?

Exactly where were these people when Palace went into administration for the second time - where were they fighting for their club? Nowhere, that's where. Where were they in the Championship? Nowhere.

This pathetic letter (if it's real as I can't believe even they would come out with such sanctimonious, self-indulgent crap) tries to imply they are the mouthpiece for all Palace fans. As Stato says, it actually makes me feel a little bit sorry for real Palace fans - and for that I feel dirty!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn’t give them the full 15% and elected to take the adjacent seats off sale leaving them tauntingly empty

Except they DID.

Vicarage Road capacity is 21,577. They've given Palace 3,200 tickets, equating to 15%.

Palace fans beef is that they're not being given the ENTIRE Vicarage Road end. Watford are instead netting off some of the seats for the purposes of segregation. This is apparently a flagrant and deliberate infringement on the Ultras's human rights, which is why they've been grizzling solidly about it for the last 3 weeks.

Palace fans eh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Except they DID.

Vicarage Road capacity is 21,577. They've given Palace 3,200 tickets, equating to 15%.

Palace fans beef is that they're not being given the ENTIRE Vicarage Road end. Watford are instead netting off some of the seats for the purposes of segregation. This is apparently a flagrant and deliberate infringement on the Ultras's human rights, which is why they've been grizzling solidly about it for the last 3 weeks.

Palace fans eh.

So if the Always were able to control themselves they might have got the seats they are now complaining about not getting.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They’ve started their Easter Egg hunt. Sort it out Barber!

*unless ‘the hunt is on’ refers to something else...Pokemon maybe

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Watford seem to loathe Palace almost as much as we do. Perhaps they’re trying to steal them from us? They don’t have any rivals and their first choice (spurs) don’t want to know. We can always hope.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Watford seem to loathe Palace almost as much as we do. Perhaps they’re trying to steal them from us? They don’t have any rivals and their first choice (spurs) don’t want to know. We can always hope.

Football rivals not your strong point ? Watford rivals are Luton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

TBH they are welcome to them.
Other than laughing at them, which we can do anyway, is having that shitshow is anyway connected to the Albion really worth it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if the Always were able to control themselves they might have got the seats they are now complaining about not getting.

Not sure its even that tbh. Watford have fulfilled their obligation in giving them 15% of the tickets - why should they go over and above that to let any more away fans in ? Its a home tie, they have home advantage, so why should they allow any more away support in their ground ?

If the shoe was on the other foot and Palace were drawn at home, you can bet your left bollock that if Watford got so much as a hundred extra tickets over the standard 15% entitlement, they'd be screaming blue murder. For WEEKS.

God they're so pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here