Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "Michael" Obama.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This could rival the Bell Cheeses thread.

Perhaps we could retitle this the "****ing Lunatics Thread"?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Maybe you should ask yourself why does this weird, disprovable info make me so upset?

And the answer would (should) be: Because it is just (badly disguised) racism.
Obviously.

If you want batshit, nonsense to believe in then go for fake moon landings or flat earth. Insanely stupid but basically harmless, fill your boots.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
(corrected)

Well to be fair, you have contributed.

Odd response. So I'm a ****ing lunatic for thinking someone who constantly talks about dating his own daughter and has been credibly accused of sexual assault many, many times might be a sexual predator?

OK then.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
And the answer would (should) be: Because it is just (badly disguised) racism.
Obviously.

If you want batshit, nonsense to believe in then go for fake moon landings or flat earth. Insanely stupid but basically harmless, fill your boots.

The Brexit thread is good enough for me.

But thanks for the advice.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Sounds more like you're the freaking idiot for being so batshit hurt by his views. Couldn't you just ignore him and maintain a positive vibe? Do you not know how to swerve conversations?

I've met people who believe that a woman once gave birth whilst still virgin. I didn't feel the need to approach them and start getting rude and chucking factual science at them. Let people believe and think what they want I say. God knows why people get so riled up by someones superstitious views, it's like watching arsenal fans tv except instead of crying about Wenger, they're crying about someones views on the twin towers or the shape of the planet. etc and like the arsenal fans tv, they're completely flipping out like Lunatics as if being rude and obnoxious is the only way to respond to a conspiracy. Bonkers beyond belief but yet there attacking someone for being 'mad'.

Now go say sorry to the doctor for being being a rude to him. Cognitive dissonance or not, you shouldn't excuse yourself for being a **** to someone, that just identifies what a freak you might be. He wasn't be rude to you so unless you suffer from some sort of psychopathic condition , then you should feel some guilt and apologise for getting so upset to the point of being a **** towards him over something as little as s superstitious belief.

Maybe you should ask yourself why does this weird, disprovable info make me so upset? It's probably something deep rooted. After all, you can just ignore it.

Too long that post mate.

Whatever you do, do NOT read the "Bell-Cheeses at Work" thread.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Odd response. So I'm a ****ing lunatic for thinking someone who constantly talks about dating his own daughter and has been credibly accused of sexual assault many, many times might be a sexual predator?

OK then.

Has it been made official he's a child/sexual predator?

or is it still up for speculation?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Was really advice aimed at the OP's doctor. Not sure what opinion he would have on Brexit.
But you're welcome anyway!

To give the whole story more context. I was sat on my own, eating my dinner, minding my own business, when the good Doctor moved tables & joined me to start telling me how he thinks the BBC reporting of Trump makes him look bad. I informed him that the Donald does a good enough job of making himself look bad every time he tweets or even opens his mouth.

I actually informed our conspiracy peddling quack that I wasn't really up for a political debate, but on he went, taking a sharp left turn to Fantasy Island.
So, it was a completely unwelcome intrusion, yet Megatroll reckons I should apologise? Alright then! :wink:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think it's just Americans. There are people who post on here who think the six moon landings were all faked, and that no planes hit the World Trade Center on 9/11. I genuinely believe that people are getting more and more stupid, the rise of the Flat Earth Society is proof of that. There isn't a single crackpot theory that you can't find a YouTube video to espouse it and a host of willing morons to believe it.

The world is Flat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4kM5zwxThE

PS I hope Dave isn't an Albion supporter.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
To give the whole story more context. I was sat on my own, eating my dinner, minding my own business, when the good Doctor moved tables & joined me to start telling me how he thinks the BBC reporting of Trump makes him look bad. I informed him that the Donald does a good enough job of making himself look bad every time he tweets or even opens his mouth.

I actually informed our conspiracy peddling quack that I wasn't really up for a political debate, but on he went, taking a sharp left turn to Fantasy Island.
So, it was a completely unwelcome intrusion, yet Megatroll reckons I should apologise? Alright then! :wink:

You should.

As part of your apology, tell him you don't believe in his views but you respect that everyone has the freedom to think for themselves and that includes yourself. Tell him it's not personal, it's just you don't react too well to political and conspiracy debates which conflict with your own set beliefs . That way you both respect each others views and you both in future will know when not to cross the line with each other in conversation. There's no point leaving things on a bad note and based on the story you gave us, he's now upset at your response to him and you're now on an internet forum slagging him off, so it's pretty clear you've both been hurt by this.

Just make peace and laugh about it. It's no big deal.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
You should.

As part of your apology, tell him you don't believe in his views but you respect that everyone has the freedom to think for themselves and that includes yourself. Tell him it's not personal, it's just you don't react too well to political and conspiracy debates which conflict with your own set beliefs . That way you both respect each others views and you both in future will know when not to cross the line with each other in conversation. There's no point leaving things on a bad note and based on the story you gave us, he's now upset at your response to him and you're now on an internet forum slagging him off, so it's pretty clear you've both been hurt by this.

Are you a ship's doctor Megazone?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You should.

Definitely not hurt. Bemused maybe.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The theory has been going around the sewers of the Internet for a while.

More than likely amongst the same people who believe the Duchess of Sussex faked her pregnancy, and probably with the same sinister motives.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
carry on as you were smudge. if he invades your dining table again tell him to foxtrot oscar. interfering scab lifters really get my goat. give him the details of NSC and point out megazone to him, perhaps they could have a chat on a bollard for a while.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Definitely not hurt. Bemused maybe.

I'm just going off what you're posting:

It started off funny, but actually wound me up until I couldn't take any more. The others at the table were lapping it up, (a Serb & a Croat).
I informed the Doctor that he was mad as a fish & I'd never heard such bullshit. He was shocked; I don't think he'd had this conversation with a Brit before. My sarcasm was going "Woosh" every time!
?

PS what has being British got to do with this?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here