Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What are you eating on World Vegan Day?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bacon sarnie

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Nothing today, but gnawed through a vegan flapjack on Monday. They must have jaws of steel these vegans!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Being a bit antsy about someone else’s diet, is a bit like being offended by someone else’s sexuality, it really doesn’t matter to me, and, tbh, it’s none of my business what anyone puts in their mouth in either instance.

Would that be technically classed as putting meat in your mouth though? Who knows... I suppose no animals were harmed etc etc, unless you're into that kind of thing, whereupon could the animal be actually enjoying it.. ahh.. this is wrong. Just wrong. Nothing to see here, move along. Thank you. :ohmy:

As already mentioned - it's someone's choice not to eat meat, and good on them. Is it saving the world? (ultimately, it probably will as the population gets to the point it becomes an actual issue breeding so many animals for consumption that it seriously impacts the planet), but for the moment it's saving some animals being bred for slaughter. It's all a bit drop in the ocean at the moment, but that's how things start I suppose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Liver, Onions and Mashed potato........Hell yea I'm a vegan........................................................................not

Linda McCartney liver?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yet I have two vegans on my Facebook feed and barely a day goes by without a picture of their plant based dinner accompanied by some trite comment about saving the workd and a whole bunch of hashtags

So two wrongs make a right? Just because you have TWO friends who post a lot about being vegan that means the reverse is ok? Yes, some vegans can be preachy and generally annoying (like most people then) but trying to appear morally superior when you reply with pictures of steak or talk about all the animals you’re going to eat doesn’t make you any better.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yet I have two vegans on my Facebook feed and barely a day goes by without a picture of their plant based dinner accompanied by some trite comment about saving the workd and a whole bunch of hashtags

Regarding saving the world, or mankind at least, truth does hurt.

#growcropstofeedthestarvingnotasfeedfor illbredanimals for theillbred

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So two wrongs make a right? Just because you have TWO friends who post a lot about being vegan that means the reverse is ok? Yes, some vegans can be preachy and generally annoying (like most people then) but trying to appear morally superior when you reply with pictures of steak or talk about all the animals you’re going to eat doesn’t make you any better.

No I have two friends who are vegan and BOTH of them do it. That's a 100% hit rate.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No I have two friends who are vegan and BOTH of them do it. That's a 100% hit rate.

You still haven’t answered my question though. Considering everyone and their dog posts pictures of their food on social media these days, your reaction to it simply because it’s vegan is seemingly unjustified.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Regarding saving the world, or mankind at least, truth does hurt.

#growcropstofeedthestarvingnotasfeedfor illbredanimals for theillbred

As a serious point, I believe we need to to produce and eat less meat and for that meat to be produced more ethically. If that makes it more expensive then so be it. I don't believe everyone in the world becoming vegan would achieve anything except the mass extinction of domestic farm animals. There's a symbiotic relationship that we created when we first started farming. You can't undo it. I'm basically where Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is. Twenty pictures a month of a ****ing leaf with the hashtag #thisiswhatveganseat isn't going to alter that viewpoint.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Would that be technically classed as putting meat in your mouth though? Who knows... I suppose no animals were harmed etc etc, unless you're into that kind of thing, whereupon could the animal be actually enjoying it.. ahh.. this is wrong. Just wrong. Nothing to see here, move along. Thank you. :ohmy:

As already mentioned - it's someone's choice not to eat meat, and good on them. Is it saving the world? (ultimately, it probably will as the population gets to the point it becomes an actual issue breeding so many animals for consumption that it seriously impacts the planet), but for the moment it's saving some animals being bred for slaughter. It's all a bit drop in the ocean at the moment, but that's how things start I suppose.

The major problem is growing the food to feed the animals. Goodbye Amazon Forest.

Not sure about the meaning of Biodynamic it is a spiritual approach to farming where emphasis is put upon the natural feeding of the soil through your compost, your animals manure and use of seaweed as a mulch or additive. For me the proof is in the eating and it’s how we work our allotment.and it’s

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
As a serious point, I believe we need to to produce and eat less meat and for that meat to be produced more ethically. If that makes it more expensive then so be it. I don't believe everyone in the world becoming vegan would achieve anything except the mass extinction of domestic farm animals. There's a symbiotic relationship that we created when we first started farming. You can't undo it. I'm basically where Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is. Twenty pictures a month of a ****ing leaf with the hashtag #thisiswhatveganseat isn't going to alter that viewpoint.

Nearly there! :lol:

#convertthemeatheads

Oct 25, 2003

Yep don’t disagree with this. We’ve become very greedy when it comes to meat consumption and this is leading to long lasting damage to our planet- we want meat regularly and low cost (you really shouldn’t be eating meat EVERY DAY unless you’re a hunter-gatherer). More and more people are becoming vegan and if this can put a dent in the mass production of animals then that’s only a good thing- we need to return to how things were —not even that long ago—- and move away from mass production before we cause irreversible damage to the planet

Hugh thingy is a good example and I like his outlook on life- buy local, know where your food is coming from. Animals are living things and do not belong in factories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I've unfollowed three who were doing exactly that. Virtually every meal, every day, a dozen hashtags (#noanimalsharmed #meatfree blah blah) after each one........and between meals, repeated anti-meat eating posts (slaughterhouse vids and suchlike). It's like the worst kind of evangelical religious BS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here