Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Very true ther the aversge gate is 24,000 as saturdays was 34,000 thats only why it was a good atmosphere whatcwith evryone been given red or white flags helped also..

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
whether it was a one off or not isn't my point.... my point is why don't we try and make this kind of atmosphere our "regular" thing.... every game.... perhaps the damp Monday night games in Jan against Burton might be a little flatter, but on the whole I think we need to step our selves up a few notches.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Up until recently I'd have said "No" but having looked and listened to the drummers at Whitehawk (who do a phenomenal job imho) I'm now in the "Yes" camp - but we actually need 2/3 side drummers and a base drummer...if we're going to do it, do it properly!!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No.

Possible Third poll question .... how many voting yes would be willing to have the drum within a 10 seat distance of where they are sitting or even in their section? :glare: #nimby

At Huddersfield away this season the drummer was just across the cordon from us. The result was any song started by either us or the home fans was drowned out by a tempo-less THUD THUD THUD.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Off sake, why feel the need to ask the precious ones on here, if you want to bring a drum then do it.

Just get on with it, they'll soon join in if its anything like the weekend

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
had a word with some of the lads and were happy to do a barber shop quartit version of GOTBTS on friday to get the atmousphere going. cant go into detail as OB may be watching and we beat them recently in an open mike comp with our version of 'Ruby' by kenny rodgers and PC beard and his melt mates want revenge :nono:

Regards

DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
At Huddersfield away this season the drummer was just across the cordon from us. The result was any song started by either us or the home fans was drowned out by a tempo-less THUD THUD THUD.

Indeed, all very well for a one off winner takes all end of season capacity crowd but home to Burton on a Tuesday night not so much. Not that this will happen ... as we will have plenty of atmosphere playing Premier League opposition next season.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Any way it is about every one i mean every one getting stuck in and
singing and clapping . I use to lead the old north stand at the
Goldstone 66/70 and we never had a problem those days ,,by the way i was known as Ginger ...its up to all at the amex to get stuck in and raise the leval of noise

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have been saying for ages we need a drum....but we are too " right on" for anything that actually improves the atmosphere.

Anyway, no problems ...we can throw strips of blue paper and balloons...that gets everyone going!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Like some others, I am slowly coming round but I'll stress the key reason is that I think a beat could keep songs properly-paced and, maybe, enable multiple stands to be co-ordinated.

Currently most songs experience extreme acceleration to the point it's not possible to actually get words out as the speed reached is just too fast.

I'm saying no, but if it is to be then, I will only agree if they sit the row behind you!

I'm getting old and grumpy, so I don't want that irritating noise near me.

#drummerbehindbozza

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've always been venomously against a drum, but I think it's time we tried to unify the North stand and all sing the same song, and slow it down to a speed that you can actually understand the words !
Yes at times the Amex atmosphere has been great, but it's all too infrequent, a drum will get people singing.
If we ever did go down the drum route it would have to be someone with talent, not a fat bald bloke with no shirt on, the guy at Boro did a great job, and knew when to drum and when not to.
I say give it a go, if it doesn't work get rid, simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here