Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone interview in the Athletic

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Basically what Bernado did in kicking Andone pre Southampton game, was probably what others in the club wanted to do, but aiming slightly higher on his ass :???:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Whilst this is true its difficult not to question the club when DJ Strollabout and Mr Angry are let go after the window has closed leaving us with 3 forwards, one of which is out the youth team and another who is probably in his last year of PL football. This is the kind of interview that helps put the situation in context and makes most of us think 'Yeah, I get it now'

....but then if nobody wanted DJ S and Mr A *during* the window (perhaps because they were sh1t) so the plan was to hang on to them umtil Jan, but along comes Mug FC and FC OtherMug who say, "we'll have and pay for those sh1t players you've got, here's some cash".

Time for a call... Two players we don't want, who are sh1t but we couldn't unload or afford to just ignore, can go but we can't replace them... But we didn't want them anyone so we let them go and aren't really any worse off.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Slight aside: Andone has form for bad mouthing former managers. Christoph Daum, the German coach who was in charge of the Romanian world cup qualifying campaign for Russia was sacked after they failed to qualify. Andone was less than complementary of Daum afterwards.

https://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-exte...or-as-fi-mers-daca-era-romania-acolo-17255160

Daum is a crazy hothead with a short fuse who has been pretty much unemployable in Germany for years due to some 'colourful' history. His press conferences are great entertainment when a hack asks an impertinent question. The combination of him and Andone together was surely an explosion waiting to happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which is why I'm glad this article has come out so folk can see Andone is a bit of a cock and the club were right to get shot of him.

I dont think anybody is disputing the clubs actions but more the wisdom of letting both strikers go without an available adequate replacement for either.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I dont think anybody is disputing the clubs actions but more the wisdom of letting both strikers go without an available adequate replacement for either.

Dunno, saw quite a few people (on social media in general) claiming that Potter was angry about the red card so shipped him out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Have you ever tried to work with people who turn disruptive? From my experience you are best to ship them out even if it does demand more of those who are left. Is football any different in that respect, or am I being very naive of dealings in big businesses?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think he's been badly misquoted in that article or there's a misprint. The article reads:

He told The Athletic: “I expected to play much more. I thought I was going to be more important in the team".

Surely it should read:

“I expected to play much more. I thought I was going to be more important than the team".

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
They might want to take a look at what they're doing there too. Targeting me with Liverpool content all over the web isn't going to get them very far.

Yeah they've tried to lure me in with Liverpool & Utd versions so far.

I wish them well, but let's be honest it's not quite the Blizzard is it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you ever tried to work with people who turn disruptive?
I'll hazard a guess in that case 'other people' aren't the issue. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have you ever tried to work with people who turn disruptive? From my experience you are best to ship them out even if it does demand more of those who are left. Is football any different in that respect, or am I being very naive of dealings in big businesses?

Exactly the advice Sir Alex gave Gary Neville when he took the Valencia job. Gary thought he could work his coaching magic on the disruptive players. 5 months later sacked.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Based on that I'd get him back and stick him in the stiffs for six months, just to p1ss him off a little more!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not at all. Chief Exec of the Private Bank I used to work for said once said (to a room full of senior managers) 'it's better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team'

Very wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here