Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Years of North Stand Chat

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ooohhhhh 1998, in love with the Albion, and a girl called Katherine A... Oh such heady daze of yore like splendour... The dial up dudes, the tragic irony of the comedy, is it now over? Doubtless the paradox will evidence all. Bourne of crystal pretension, reflecting the agony of one and all... Blah, blah etc. I could go on... Oh errr etc. And so on... Now why don't you all **** right off, you bunch of impudent cretins.

Alas I walk alone,
Alas akin I drone,
On and on ever,
Here I am the souless,
Embodiment of a pitiful, highly repetitive
'Moan...

ROCK ON YOU MOTHER'S

Albion etc.

Right I'm off for six months or perchance 7, oh they'll never see that one coming shhhhhh now... Way ha ha wah ha ha ha ha errmmmm ha aha (evil) obviously.... WHA HA HA AHA.... HA hang on, where was this going?!?

GREMLINS SAYS I, eye bye

Christ.

Kosh

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who's still here from the infamous Weekend in Cleethorpes thread? We got relegated but what a weekend we had in that scummy club pulling fat munters and posting the pics on here. Cannot believe that was over TWELVE years ago now.
[MENTION=256]DTES[/MENTION] [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], [MENTION=148]Safeway[/MENTION], Fatboy, who else?
Still see my adopted Dad at games - told Barbara Winsor he was my dad then pulled out a massive rock & skinned up in our hotel room :lol:
[MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] was definately on the famous weekend!!!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Still see my adopted Dad at games - told Barbara Winsor he was my dad then pulled out a massive rock & skinned up in our hotel room :lol:

[MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] was definately on the famous weekend!!!

How can I forget The Turkmeister. Was that the weekend where he came home from the club with one shoe and fell down a manhole :laugh: I see that bloke who blagged his way into your room all the time too, I felt so bad for you when he said "Don't worry about me, I've slept on stone cold prison floors"

Do you remember the Sky Sports cameramen staying there too so we kept them up all night?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Not sure how long I've been posting on here(maybe 15 years),but it was the best thing that ever happened to this site:drink:

Definitely first met you at the 2003 meet up, can't forget it because I ended up back in that hotel room (pattern emerging here) with you and Turkey!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can I forget The Turkmeister. Was that the weekend where he came home from the club with one shoe and fell down a manhole :laugh: I see that bloke who blagged his way into your room all the time too, I felt so bad for you when he said "Don't worry about me, I've slept on stone cold prison floors"

Do you remember the Sky Sports cameramen staying there too so we kept them up all night?

Yeh they complained about us :lol:

All I remember is that club was the shittest I've ever been to and there was a fight every 10mins!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure when i first joined this debacle, because i think everyones dates were reset at 2003 wern't they?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Who's still here from the infamous Weekend in Cleethorpes thread? We got relegated but what a weekend we had in that scummy club pulling fat munters and posting the pics on here. Cannot believe that was over TWELVE years ago now.
@DTES @sheebo, @Safeway, Fatboy, who else?

NorthStandChat even made it into the Pier club with us...

attachment.php

Edit: I also remember the DJ giving many a Happy Birthday shout out that night. Happy Birthday Kerry Mayo! Happy Birthday Paul Watson! Happy Birthday Robert Zamora! etc etc etc...

was going to ask which fine establishment you visited but appears it may have been the Pier. Was a chav heaven that place and full of drugs and fights going off every 10 minutes or so. You won't be surprised to know that it got its license revoked by the local council a good few years back and has stood empty ever since

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fairly sure I was here from the beginning.

Looney and yorkie are my favourite posters. Legends. Seem to remember Looney threatening to kill the Bracknell's or drawing cartoons to that effect. These days that would probably get him/her/it locked up!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Fairly sure I was here from the beginning.

Looney and yorkie are my favourite posters. Legends. Seem to remember Looney threatening to kill the Bracknell's or drawing cartoons to that effect. These days that would probably get him/her/it locked up!!

Are you still sweeping chimneys?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Best: fireman Dan
Worst: don't dis dick knight

Can't remember when I signed up but it was always part of my life growing up.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
was going to ask which fine establishment you visited but appears it may have been the Pier. Was a chav heaven that place and full of drugs and fights going off every 10 minutes or so. You won't be surprised to know that it got its license revoked by the local council a good few years back and has stood empty ever since

Wasn't it called "Pier 69" or something equally comical? I do recall a bouncer in of the pubs we went to first spinning some line about 40 of Grimsby's hooligans were waiting for us outside so he took us to the club next door where we'd be safe. It was empty and they charged a fiver a pint.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Happy times like the weekend in Le Havre, the saves of FDM, all the Withdean promotions and the defeat of Baker, de Vecchi and John Rebel Catt. All remembered and recorded on NSC. Happy Anniversary!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I found my way here from the old email mailing list.

The funniest day for me was NSC family fortunes. Crying with laughter at my desk at work.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here