Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vid on Graham Potter's Ostersunds

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting film on their rise from the 4th tier of Swedish football and a good insight into Potter's philosophy. Can't quite see Sean Duffy in Swan Lake, mind...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
More here:

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Good links there. Thanks for posting.

Potter's philosophy could work well with Brighton's "Together" ethic. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is the one that shows what he's about. He certainly knows what he is doing.

Ive seen, but until now, not clicked on this video.
I have no idea how you csn come to the conclusion he certainly knows what hes doing?

All he has done is put into practise what myself and countless other, no-nothing, fat, middle aged nimrod Albion fans have been saying all season.

TBH im now a little worried, if thats the sum total of his technical wisdom, were doomed for relegation because the club might as well just employ me.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Whether it works out or not, this is a very exciting appointment. Well done everyone at the Albion for thinking outside the box. (Although that's where we've played 99% of our football this year!) Really looking forward to next season now and hopefully we'll all give a bit of time for this transition in style before we judge. Should be a fascinating season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have no idea how you csn come to the conclusion he certainly knows what hes doing?

All he has done is put into practise what myself and countless other, no-nothing, fat, middle aged nimrod Albion fans have been saying all season.

TBH im now a little worried, if thats the sum total of his technical wisdom, were doomed for relegation because the club might as well just employ me.

Don't be a silly Billy, of course he knows a lot more than you or I tactically, and it's not just tactics, it's emotional intelligence and relationship building. Many of his players loved him, and flourished under him.

It is a wild card appointment and shows the gambling nature of Bloom. He's not the finished article or the known quantity, but he does look like a rough diamond with bags of potential who thinks in unconventional ways.

It's exciting imho as none of us have a scooby if it will be a bit or miss, but weve got to get behind him, let him do his thing, give him some time and "hopefully" he'll give us the type of football we'd like to see and push on a tad.

Graham Potters blue and white army

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Yeah I’m not sure you could set up an average Championship site to play through Man City.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah I’m not sure you could set up an average Championship site to play through Man City.

Although he did set up a less than average Swedish side to play through Arsenal.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Would be far more impressed if he had used M & M’s or Minstrels

You and I appear to have same sense of humour - I was thinking the same only with salt and pepper pots, beer mats, some peanuts and a champagne flute, obviously, up front as Murray :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whether it works out or not, this is a very exciting appointment. Well done everyone at the Albion for thinking outside the box. (Although that's where we've played 99% of our football this year!) Really looking forward to next season now and hopefully we'll all give a bit of time for this transition in style before we judge. Should be a fascinating season.

I think at lot are hoping that more action will take place in (the oppositions) box

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
This is the one that shows what he's about. He certainly knows what he is doing.

Certainly, better then Sami Hyypia , who I had to stop watching his press conferences as they scared me by his lack of knowledge. I used to think his tactics were to pick 11 players and say "go on, try your best"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think at lot are hoping that more action will take place in (the oppositions) box

I am not sure which one of those ''counters'' was Dale Stephens - Whichever one it was. He will need to put it on roller skates to get him back into position when we lose the ball.

Perfect system for Beram though - He gets to play as a duplicate centre forward

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The big difference, no offence, is that Potter and his coaches clearly coached the team to do what was needed and the players worked the plan. Notice he didn't once say "We lumped the ball forward to our isolated loan striker hoping for a knockdown to a teammate running out of defence".

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not sure which one of those ''counters'' was Dale Stephens - Whichever one it was. He will need to put it on roller skates to get him back into position when we lose the ball.

Perfect system for Beram though - He gets to play as a duplicate centre forward

Playing the game, 'counters to current first teamers'.

I wouldn't be devastated to see DS moved back to the third centre back. (obviously I'd actually want a third centre back)

As said earlier, Bernie Inn that position should flourish.
Montoya less so.

Propper & Bissouma

With the front 3 being the 'new' signings.

Gross, Solly & Ak might need to be coached into the system.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I wouldn't be devastated to see DS moved back to the third centre back. (obviously I'd actually want a third centre back)

Montoya less so.

Propper & Bissouma

You do know I was only joking about the ''roller skates'' ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do know I was only joking about the ''roller skates'' ?

It made perfect sense to me :lol:

You should have written 'Jet Pack Helicopter, & a pair of Roller Skates'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Montoya less so.

Propper & Bissouma

I think Solly will thrive BIG time under what I’ve seen of GPs tactics, one of the first names on the tram sheet. He can defend, attack and has a decent shot, fast as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here