Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone on plusnet broadband?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
if you are. what's your username? they will give you reward if I say you recommended me. Just need your username.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Far from my experience

Your mileage may vary obviously but I was with them for a couple of years. Had to phone them 3-5 times a year because "something" (they could never explain what) had throttled my bandwidth despite numerous engineer visits. When I finally lost my patience I was paying ~£30 a month for average speeds of 2mbps. Which is just shit.

Switched to Virgin and hey presto average speeds of 40-50mbps at the cost of a couple of extra quid a month.

One thing I will say about PlusNet is that their phone staff are helpful and friendly. Being on the phone to them more than I speak to my parents on the other hand is a pain in the backside.

Glad to be rid.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I recommend not using PlusNet.

Dogshit ISP.

Have never had a problem with them and their customer service is excellent or has been when I've had to contact them, the problem was solved within a day or two with the problem traced to the local exchange operated by BT. So not their fault in the first place ! I have the mid range 38 k or whatever speed and never a problem with speed etc.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Maybe worth mentioning that Plusnet are owned by BT. Run as a separate company but surely BT will not let Plusnet provide a more cost effective service than themselves (on a cost/speed basis)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Have never had a problem with them and their customer service is excellent or has been when I've had to contact them, the problem was solved within a day or two with the problem traced to the local exchange operated by BT. So not their fault in the first place ! I have the mid range 38 k or whatever speed and never a problem with speed etc.

As explained in my second post, yes, their customer service is good. Having to phone them constantly because I'm getting speeds you'd likely see in a remote village rather than a major metropolitan city is not.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
I'm with Plusnet no problems at all , customer service good on start up if needed , they also do very good mates rates for existing customers for mobile phones , £7 per month unlimited calls and texts and 2g of data, other variable deals available !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here