Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I like Bong ( as a good back up, not #1) but I wonder if his friendship with Bissouma was an influence on another 12 month contract.

When Yves came on against Newcastle, Bong was either giving him instructions on the sidelines or (more likely) translating instructions for him.
He still does not speak much English (as that tweet above indicates)

So, you could well be right. Plus Bongy's a great backup full back.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
has potential for sure. Inconsistent still and does some silly things for every 3 good.

Next season am hoping he will step up and be first name on the team sheet. Hopefully can add some goals to our midfield.

You could be talking about AK there.

He is a bit rough round the edges but I haven't seen a whiff of red mist from the guy and he goes through PL defenders like they aren't there. Lots to offer IMO.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Did anybody actually think he was laughing at Arsenal? It's just a meme.

Quite obvious that he is laughing with a teammate out of camera shot.
Some Arsenal fans reiterated that it's bad sportsmanship... Tell that to Sokratis, Guendouzi, Monreal and the rest of the Arsenal team throwing themselves at the ground...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When Yves came on against Newcastle, Bong was either giving him instructions on the sidelines or (more likely) translating instructions for him.
He still does not speak much English (as that tweet above indicates)

So, you could well be right. Plus Bongy's a great backup full back.
That is apparently true and could partly account for his inconsistency and why he's in and out of the team. CH says something like "You've got to get them quality into them areas", and Biss just laughs and nods without a clue at what he's supposed to do. Having Kevin Phillips as an onfield translator makes a lot of sense.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fair enough, I don't know.

Actually, scratch that. This was the first comment here after Bozza posted the video:

So Gullsworth has felt that he's enjoying the moment and can't believe we stopped Arsenal, but Biss has said that wasn't the case.

Yes must admit my quote does come across as he was laughing at Arsenal and denying the win they needed but i did say it was not in a big bollocks way........more I can't believe we have gained a point at Arsenal and he was just enjoying the moment in a slightly naive way as he was after the Palace game. You can just see he gives his all and is slightly bemused at the rapid rise in his footballing stature which he quite rightly is enjoying to the full. It's never come across to me he was taking the piss out of Arsenals failure to gain Champions league qualification, he is too nice a guy to me to do that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes must admit my quote does come across as he was laughing at Arsenal and denying the win they needed but i did say it was not in a big bollocks way........
I didn't miss the last part there, it was clear you didn't think he was trying to be an arse. I just used your post as an example that some viewers would think perhaps Arsenal's fate played some part of Bissouma's reaction, rather than everyone just immediately thinking 'oh, it's just a meme, that's not what it was about'.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I didn't miss the last part there, it was clear you didn't think he was trying to be an arse. I just used your post as an example that some viewers would think perhaps Arsenal's fate played some part of Bissouma's reaction, rather than everyone just immediately thinking 'oh, it's just a meme, that's not what it was about'.

Wonder what sign Bongy did to him to make him laugh? It was obvious Yves was nearly out on his feet.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
One mistake? Lack of class? I've already reiterated that it has been multiple mistakes in dangerous turnovers of possession. I have also said that I think he is classy player, but flatters to deceive. You're the one sounding nonsensical.

All players make multiple mistakes in turnovers in possession in every game. Football is literally a game of constant turnovers in possession. If that's your biggest criticism of him then you're basically criticising every player that's ever played the game. As for him flattering to deceive, I assume you think that about all of our midfielders considering the statistical comparison and considering his output is the same offensively as Stephens'?

I agree in part, but Propper has been the one with more freedom to get forward. Opportunities to do so have been scarce, but when they eventually come about, he wastes them. Bissouma in comparison looks 100% more dangerous and likely to make something happen.

Even though Propper creates more chances per game than Bissouma statistically? Looking 100% more dangerous and being 100% more dangerous are two different things. And let's be honest, they're two very different players stylistically.

My point was actually that stats aren't everything, you have made an implied argument there. Many of the things I've noticed could not be represented statistically. For instance, it's quite evident Propper is not the kind of player you want in a scrap. He has NOT looked up for this relegation tussle, surely you can agree on that.

No I don't agree with that. Afterall, he was one of our two central midfielders for all of last season when we were in a scrap. And as stated before, his defensive numbers are up there with all of our other midfielders, so it suggests he is up for the scrap.

Overall, I think it's clear you just really don't rate the guy, so we aren't going to agree on this. Maybe we should just leave this conversation here.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No, I disagree. We need a box to box CM and I think Biss is perfect for it, we'd lose his talent as an attacking midfielder. He is a very precious commodity that doesn't come along very often and we need him to be the player everyone fears.

Nothing stopping him running back when required or taking the ball from Stephens and pushing forward.... but i don't see Stephens pushing forward...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here