Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
They do have a lovely partnership ...although it was interesting to see March shake his head when Knocky signalled to him the switch

March was furious - kicked the turf, shook his head, gesticulated with his arms, gave Hughton a glare when he made the swap...

Totally understandable though as he was getting so much joy down the right-hand side.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
March was furious - kicked the turf, shook his head, gesticulated with his arms, gave Hughton a glare when he made the swap...

Totally understandable though as he was getting so much joy down the right-hand side.

Yes was a tad baffling....but then of course we had Bruno putting in that cross for the goal...and AK providing the cross for Murrays miss :shrug:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
But from a teams point of view, we had the Newcastle defence stretched because we were threatening both wings.
Knocky wasnt as threatening on the left, but Solly was, even if he didnt want to be there.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Become the best all-round winger at the club and one of our most saleable assets. And developed some lovely moves to beat defenders for fun on the right wing.
Shame he can't shoot with accuracy any more. But I love the kid.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The problem as I see it is that Solly March always looks much better and seems to have more impact on the right side but when it comes to choice he seems to have to give way to Knocky who always gets priority for that role.

Solly is clearly the best current winger in terms of impact but needs to do it consistently over 90 mins game after game.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I had assumed this was agreed between the players. But you are probably right it was Hughton's call.

Kind of made sense though.
Knocky was pretty good when he came on.
Maybe he wouldn't have been so effective.

Knocky was good when he came on. But I do hope it’s not the players’ choice as that reflects badly (yet again) on our manager.

What it does show is poor squad building on our part. We’ve got 4 natural wingers and only 1 of them is a natural on the left hand side. And that one player has been so painfully unfit all season.

What it should also do is put to bed all this crap some of our fans spout about needing wingers on their natural side. If anyone wants anymore proof that that isn’t the right answer in many situations, then they only need to go and look at the left side of our team second half where March looked so uncomfortable and actually stopped giving Bernardo the room he thrives on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here