Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water canons are the answer

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
The problem with these protestors is they need to convince the majority of ordinary, everyday people to believe in their cause, part of which will involve people making lasting changes to their lifestyles and maybe voting patterns in the future. The very people they are frustrating and angering are the ones they need to be on board going forward, in short it is a stupid strategy that alienates the very people their cause depends upon.

I support their purpose but not their methods which will, in my opinion, set their cause back a few steps.

Quite simply everything must change. Not a little change but a huge change to every aspect of our lives. If you have children or grandchildren you should be very very worried.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Quite simply everything must change. Not a little change but a huge change to every aspect of our lives. If you have children or grandchildren you should be very very worried.

But gluing themselves to trains is not going to change that. All is does is p1ss people off and turn them against their message. Doesn't work.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The question: How to rid London's streets of the idiot demonstrators? Giving them a bloody good soaking would very quickly send them packing. Boris had the right idea. Why they were never used I cannot understand. Alternatively, in the case of Waterloo Bridge for example, fence them in. A fence at either end of the bridge and no one is allowed in or out. No food, no potty breaks, no water. They'd pretty quickly lose interest. With so many good ideas, I really should be running the country.

Rich western countries are now annexing the planet’s resources and destroying its ecosystems at an alarming rate.

I might go up and feed the tree-huggers myself

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't agree with the method of protest but they are not the idiots. I'd rather see water cannons turned on those that still deny human's impact on climate change.

An excellent idea.

...if you want largely peaceful protests to escalate into full scale anti-establishment rioting.

Why are they idiots? We think it’s bad that our football club is sleeping walking towards relegation, but that’s nothing compared to the whole planet sleep walking towards climate disaster.

Exactly. It's not just "their cause" , it's everyone's cause.

The right to protest of one person should not infringe upon the right of another to earn a wage.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
But gluing themselves to trains is not going to change that. All is does is p1ss people off and turn them against their message. Doesn't work.

Its in the news and being talked about.. that is a successful start I would say. Something has to change.. either us and our attitudes or the planet will remove most of us. Its our choice to choose

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can they please **** of from Heathrow today? I am flying, come back tomorrow and protest :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jesus. The planet is being destroyed and your focus is people having to change/allow more time for their journey to work.

That really is what life is about. Consideration for others. Other species, other opinions, others who disagree with you. We do not all hold the same view and should be prepared to listen to others. Is your opinion more valid than others?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Come on. Anyone who uses the trains will tell you a protester superglued to it is the least o their problems.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
That really is what life is about. Consideration for others. Other species, other opinions, others who disagree with you. We do not all hold the same view and should be prepared to listen to others. Is your opinion more valid than others?
If you genuinely cared about others you'd be more concerned by the tens of thousands of people dying from climate change, and the countless species being made extinct - not to mention the generations that follow us who will have to live with the damage we have done - than a handful of Londoners late for work.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The majority are toffs having a jolly at half term, will all be over when they go back to Uni. Inconsiderate dickheads people have lost their jobs due to these wankers.

Personally couldn’t get to a job yesterday to repair a fire alarm, let’s hope a fire situation doesn’t happen over the weekend and lives are lost.

The protesters somehow will have blood on their hands due to their actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here