Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all become veggies?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
so a fair amount of vegans still eat eggs if they're sourced in the way that you get yours. The egg industry is pretty grim but eating eggs that have come from your own chickens is pretty harm free surely? (and I presume they taste better?)

They taste far better ..... something laid say 30 minutes ago compared to a supermarket egg that can be around 4 weeks old is remarkable.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
KFC trialling their new Imposter Burger in selected stores , made with Quorn.

chckhead.jpg

I hope they do this, as in Quorn only have the power to recreate creatures in full and sometimes incorrect false bodyparts are included in their meals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
having meat 5 days a week is still a lot

True. But not as much a 7. I had fish last Thursday and Saturday if this helps? My angle is more environmental, if fish less impactful?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We're all too tied up on labels, many people are part time vegetarians/carnivores/vegans and mix up their diet, some meat eaters I know don't do dairy, it's not always black and white, I haven't eaten red meat for decades but occasionally eat chicken or fish, along with some dairy.

Agreed, entirely. We should probably mostly eat less meat but there really is no reason for EVERYONE to give up.

We should also be flying a lot lot less, that may be harder to swallow for some.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
True. But not as much a 7. I had fish last Thursday and Saturday if this helps? My angle is more environmental, if fish less impactful?

depends how it was caught! a lot of fishing methods are really damaging to the environment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d happily give up most meats, not my Uncle Sam’s on occasion though. I am also partial to a fillet steak with pepper sauce in a decent restaurant. I guess I eat meat/chicken/fish most days bit I often don’t enjoy it (fish aside, which I love)

I have no time for any substitutes though, shit, shit, shit pap in my experience

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Our daughter done us a vegan curry at the weekend. I was a bit dubious but it was fukken ace.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Vegetable tubes or veggie discs!

Should words like "sausage" and "burger" only be used to describe foods that contain meat?

Under an EU proposal put forward in April, the answer is yes - although experts are due to raise their objections to the plan at a House of Lords hearing in London on Wednesday.

Vegetarian and vegan campaigners say that if the proposal become law in September, then food producers would have to adopt unappealing alternative product names, such as "vegetable tubes" or "veggie discs".

They say this would put off consumers at a time when we are being encouraged to eat less meat to protect our health and the environment.

_107428749_vegan_products_v4_-3x640-nc.png

Vegantastic.........

Do it. You'll never go back. Absolutely delicious fare:

View attachment 113083

Youngest Potting is a big fan of these. Daddy is probably 75% veggie, mainly through convenience as he cannot be a***d to cook separate meals each evening. Makes the Jumbo Sausage in batter that I enjoyed yesterday taste even sweeter :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here