Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tonight's Question Time From Chichester

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not seen Tom Harwood before wholly unpleasant individual I would be quite happy if I never see him again

D

Deleted member 2719

True man of the people educated at the £18,000 a year Peres School. We need more working class heroes like Tom representing us.

So he has been fortunate to have a good education and is a very bright young lad. That lad has a bright future and i applaude him for his excellently put arguments.

I'm sure the Daily Express have provided a balanced report.

I know what you mean about unbalanced panels. Farage has been on a ridiculous amount of times in recent years (at least 33).

To be honest I thought he came across as a very arrogant Tory-boy ****wit!

………… and of course the Daily Express is totally objective...…...

Daily Express raves about right wing Tory boy - who'd've guessed?

The Express is equal to the guardian on that front and so many of you quote their headlines.
Just beinging some balance back to the board.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On and off I’ve watched QT all the way back to the time of Robin Day. For the first two decades it was always a biased left wing rent a mob, trying to shout down any Tory or pro business guest.

What a turnaround in the last ten years or so. Instead there’s often a very belligerent, right wing core to the audience, with Brexit a passion.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So he has been fortunate to have a good education and is a very bright young lad. That lad has a bright future and i applaude him for his excellently put arguments.

The Express is equal to the guardian on that front and so many of you quote their headlines.

If you believe that you've never read either of them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I would have to agree that the "remain" position of the Guardian is clear, but it is less extreme and more likely to check its facts.

D

Deleted member 2719

If you believe that you've never read either of them.

Err yes I have.

I would have to agree that the "remain" position of the Guardian is clear, but it is less extreme and more likely to check its facts.

They are just equally at opposite ends to the spectrum.

Why do you feel that they are more likely to check facts?

They are both a much of a muchness IMO.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, what was the second question?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Err yes I have.

They are just equally at opposite ends to the spectrum.

Why do you feel that they are more likely to check facts?

They are both a much of a muchness IMO.

You can read a lotvthese days about lazy journalism where people just pick up stories from elsewhere and print them without checking their validity - even things like spoof stories in Private Eye surfacing in the mainstream press. I don't think the Guardian would ever be caught like that. Maybe I am being unfair to the Daily Express.

I was going to comment that the Guardian is independent - ie not owned by a media mogul like Murdoch or the Barclay Brothers, who dictate the editorial standpoint. The Express used to be owned by Richard Desmond, who would have been similar, but I think it was sold last year to the same group that owns the Mirror.

But in old fashioned terminology, the Express is a tabloid, the Guardian a broadsheet. You won't find the same sort of celebrity nonsense or gratuitous pictures of scantily clad ladies as you might in other places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here