Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Boris promises review of 'unhealthy food taxes'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48847952

Must be a new Tory party donor on the horizon, wonder who?

Tate & Lyle holds the key here.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/27/brexit-sugar-beet-cane-tate-lyle-british-sugar

Tate & Lyle was one of the only large employers to campaign openly for Brexit during the referendum and, after Theresa May invokes Article 50 on 29 March, sugar will be on the frontline of the upcoming battle over Britain’s economic future.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
[tweet]1146458299086323713[/tweet]

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?And in a Court of Law,not by Greg Kettle,Her Majesty's Press.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Johnson agrees to a TV interview with the BBC the day voting closes.

I’m confident he won’t see out the year as PM

Does the fact that he manipulates everything to his favour whilst treating everyone else like bloody fools and talking utter shit and seems to be getting away with it, make your piss boil as much as it does mine.
Why can't someone get hold of him and rip him apart for the total arsewipe this cretin is.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shocking horrible party.

I'm not sure they particularly are in parliament but have been taken over by extremists.

As for the party members, I'm always deeply suspicious of anyone who supports a political party like a football team.

You go through the good and bad, but hang onto a common thread. Unfortunately their common thread for now is 1) tax breaks for the rich 2) blame the EU for everything 3) blame immigrants for everything.

I'm not that worried, because they will never get a huge majority on that platform.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And now Jeremy Hunt wants to bring back fox hunting.

Who are advising these nob ends ?

:lolol:

It's deeply unpopular within parliament.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And now Jeremy Hunt was to bring back fox hunting.

Who are advising these nob ends ?

:lolol:

It's deeply unpopular within parliament.

But it isn't Parliament who have the vote. It is 160k Tory Party members, amongst whom fox hunting is most likely a fairly popular pursuit. So on that basis it is probably quite sound advice and a pledge that could be quietly booted into the long grass should he be elected. (He won't be).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But it isn't Parliament who have the vote. It is 160k Tory Party members, amongst whom fox hunting is most likely a fairly popular pursuit. So on that basis it is probably quite sound advise and a pledge that could be quietly booted into the long grass should he be elected. (He won't be).

But it won't that be that popular in the Conservative party either. It smacks of desperation.

On the parliamentary front, the point I'm making is how long exactly do either of these ### ends want to be PM ?

They may have to behave like an ******** to get the vote, but they have to face parliament (and the wider electorate) as an elected ********.

The only support is from their own side who voted them in on the basis they are an ********. If they turn out not to be an ********, they will lose support from the ******** supporting side.

The non ******** supporters are not going to come to their support, because they always knew they were an ******** in the first place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does the fact that he manipulates everything to his favour whilst treating everyone else like bloody fools and talking utter shit and seems to be getting away with it, make your piss boil as much as it does mine.
Why can't someone get hold of him and rip him apart for the total arsewipe this cretin is.

Well, he will certainly become next PM. Unlike America, we brits don't tolerate shamelessness allied to incompetence for long. Not sure we have ever had such a combo before, though (yes, Major was shameless, yes Brown was incompetent, but...). He is likely to bedazzle folk into an early (has to be early) landslide GE result, but I can see it all falling to bits more quickly than one of those shitty 'make yourself' toys we had, direct off a boat from China, made of paper, boiled horse glue and peasant's tears, in the 1960s.

Sadly, the Corbyn labour caravan-on-three-wheels and some bricks won't be ready to pick up the pieces, grasp the nettle and sally forth in Britain's hour of need, when bad ship Boris goes tits down. :facepalm:

Yes, the UK is ****ing doomed. DOOMED I tell thee!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But it won't that be that popular in the Conservative party either. It smacks of desperation.

On the parliamentary front, the point I'm making is how long exactly do either of these ### ends want to be PM ?

They may have to behave like an ******** to get the vote, but they have to face parliament (and the wider electorate) as an elected ********.

The only support is from their own side who voted them in on the basis they are an ********. If they turn out not to be an ********, they will lose support from the ******** supporting side.

The non ******** supporters are not going to come to their support, because they always knew they were an ******** in the first place.

I think the profanity filter nearly overheated after that post!

So are you trying to tell us that they are all ********* ?? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here