Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/series/politics-live-with-andrew-sparrow

Brexit: UK won't benefit from free trade deal with US, say Harvard academics -

Interested to see the details of this as they unfold. And always interesting to see the Brexiteers ridiculous spin on such news. I'm guessing they will poo poo Harvard academics or simply say something bad they heard about Corbyn. PPF will shout "WE ARE LEAVING GET OVER IT", but will spell most of it wrong and Lararse will simply repeat his false claim that I said we are in a recession.

25th floor. So far so good.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
People need to realise the difference between not being on jobseekers and being employed. Over a long enough time line as sanctions and forced employment kick in, the number will fall. It's Tory rhetoric and as usual the Leavers suck it up, just as they sucked up Leave lies.

Sort of correct but it was also the case under Labour.

If you qualify for contribution JSA then you get it for six months ( and are counted as unemployed ), at the end of six months you come off JSA and are no longer counted. In fact the DWP effectively wipe their hands of you bar forcing to go in and sign on just to get your NI kept up to date.

larus

Ha. You really have become the laughing stock of NSC. I'd almost admire if you made stuff up but you just plain get things wrong. Oh dear. Dear oh dear.

And afore ye trot out your fallback "You said we are in a recession" line, I never did say that. I said we are heading for one. We are. The signs are there. Some sector are already heavily in recession. Building trade for example.

Please keep posting your material. It's genius, as is the support you get from NSC's finest Far Right arsehat PPF/Das Reich

Hi resident thicko.

Post 42502.- you wrote:

“You and others pick out "immediate" recession as a way to write off remainers concerns. Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.“

This is what you posted. You said it's undeniable that we are in a recession. Please provide the links to these experts.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hi resident thicko.

Post 42502.- you wrote:

“You and others pick out "immediate" recession as a way to write off remainers concerns. Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.“

This is what you posted. You said it's undeniable that we are in a recession. Please provide the links to these experts.

I categorically do not state we are in a recession. I wrote that experts agree it is happening. To clarify: it is HAPPENING. As in, it's on it's way. The signs are there. You have proved my point. The post of mine you have quoted proves my point.

You're a ****ing idiot.

larus

Oh go on! You clearly didn't MEAN that German GDP had halved but I just can't accept you were intentionally 'making an assumption' that people would understand what you actually meant.

It was a mistake. A simple typo. No problem with that. Led to the briefest flurry of ribbing. I rarely join in such things - hate name-calling and too conscious of my own frailties - but I must say your reaction surprises me.

(PS. I haven't followed the Clamp recession thing but if somewhen said that we were in a recession when we palpably and obviously aren't can it really be characterised as a lie, an attempt to mislead? Just asking.)

German GDP growth has halved. It's obvious that is what was meant. Even the Greek economy never halved in value with all the crap it went through.

However, [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] stated in post 42502 the we are undeniably in a recession (based on what experts are saying). He was called out and denied it, but it's there clear to see.

If you think my phrasing of the GDP stats is comparable with an outright lie, then that's a sad reflection on you.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
German GDP growth has halved. It's obvious that is what was meant. Even the Greek economy never halved in value with all the crap it went through.

However, [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] stated in post 42502 the we are undeniably in a recession (based on what experts are saying). He was called out and denied it, but it's there clear to see.

If you think my phrasing of the GDP stats is comparable with an outright lie, then that's a sad reflection on you.

You've proved yourself wrong. You've proved yourself an imbecile. Time to wind your neck in now, lad.

larus

I categorically do not state we are in a recession. I wrote that experts agree it is happening. To clarify: it is HAPPENING. As in, it's on it's way. The signs are there. You have proved my point. The post of mine you have quoted proves my point.

You're a ****ing idiot.

Show me the experts who are saying it is happening you complete f*cking moron. You can't. You're just a lying asshole.

You gob off on here and make things up - what a sad pathetic loser you are. And Yeah, Remain lost so deal with it. :tosser:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Show me the experts who are saying it is happening you complete f*cking moron. You can't. You're just a lying asshole.

You gob on on here and make things up - what a sad pathetic loser you are. And Yeah, Remain lost so deal with it. :tosser:

I think this tells us all we need to know about you. You shouldn't let the internet get you so angry. I think I'll cease engaging with you now as you seem like a toxic drain and I don't have those in my life. All the very best with your trolling and your rage issues.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ha. You really have become the laughing stock of NSC. I'd almost admire if you made stuff up but you just plain get things wrong. Oh dear. Dear oh dear.

And afore ye trot out your fallback "You said we are in a recession" line, I never did say that. I said we are heading for one. We are. The signs are there. Some sector are already heavily in recession. Building trade for example.

Please keep posting your material. It's genius, as is the support you get from NSC's finest Far Right arsehat PPF/Das Reich

'A pick-up in housebuilding helped the hard-pressed UK construction sector to bounce back last month from the harsh winter weather that led to a shutdown of building sites in March.

After dropping sharply as a result of the blizzards brought to Britain by the “beast from the east”, the latest health check showed construction – which accounts for 6% of the economy – returning to growth in April.'

:p

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sort of correct but it was also the case under Labour.

If you qualify for contribution JSA then you get it for six months ( and are counted as unemployed ), at the end of six months you come off JSA and are no longer counted. In fact the DWP effectively wipe their hands of you bar forcing to go in and sign on just to get your NI kept up to date.

Though after the 6 months, depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for claiming Income-based JSA, which can be claimed for longer than 6 months, and the longer you're on it, the more chance of a sanction.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
'A pick-up in housebuilding helped the hard-pressed UK construction sector to bounce back last month from the harsh winter weather that led to a shutdown of building sites in March.

After dropping sharply as a result of the blizzards brought to Britain by the “beast from the east”, the latest health check showed construction – which accounts for 6% of the economy – returning to growth in April.'

:p

Excellent news.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wow, when Brexiteers make ***** of themselves, they get very bitchy haha

He is bonkers that one. I suspect he is the user that was banned from this thread, in another guise. He is also very similar to Looney when he is on one of his meltdowns. Spoof account, second account, whatever. There is really no excuse for some of his behaviour. I rarely see rage like that on NSC.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION]

Brexit expected to lead the UK into recession within two years, investor survey says

56 percent of private equity executives and 57 percent of distressed debt investors said they expect a recession in the next two years.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned Wednesday that the U.K. needs to find ways to make its economy more efficient and that Brexit had already begun hurting the economy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/previ...global-recession-next-12-months-a8107921.html

http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/opinion/watch-out-start-ups-a-recession-is-coming/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/bre...on-within-two-years-investor-survey-says.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/mark-carney-knows-a-recession-is-coming-2017-11

https://www.forbes.com/sites/france...k-could-be-going-into-recession/#465525985367

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...causes-financial-crash-credit-crunch-UK-close

http://www.cityam.com/284361/fund-manager-seneca-predicts-uk-headed-recession-2020

Fund manager Seneca predicts the UK is headed for a recession in 2020

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/166024/henderson-prepare-for-recession-in-2019.aspx

Janus Henderson: Prepare for Recession in 2019
One expert predicts we will see a significant slowdown in global growth this year, with a recession following either next year or 2020

Need |I go on?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wow, when Brexiteers make ***** of themselves, they get very bitchy :lol:

Afraid so, they are increasingly fustrated the Brexit Unicorn hasn't arrived.

Germany has slowed down, so has the UK. But the annualised difference in GDP growth between us and our competitors is still pretty similar, about 1%. Still at the bottom of the G7 when we were top 2 years ago, we did have a bad winter though

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Afraid so, they are increasingly fustrated the Brexit Unicorn hasn't arrived.

Germany has slowed down, so has the UK. But the annualised difference in GDP growth between us and our competitors is still pretty similar, about 1%. Still at the bottom of the G7 when we were top 2 years ago, we did have a bad winter though

Unfortunately, this is how huge mistakes occur, people simply ignoring facts. We are hurtling towards a recession at worrying speed. Brexit is a huge causal factor in this. Just because Jim the builder next door but one still has a roll of 50's in his pocket down the pub on a Friday , doesn't mean it's not happening. Denying it won't make it go away. Fortunately, for those with a bit of foresight and who can stand the truth, there are things one can do to protects one's assets. They don't involve internet rage and calling people retards.

D

Deleted member 22389

Unfortunately, this is how huge mistakes occur, people simply ignoring facts. We are hurtling towards a recession at worrying speed. Brexit is a huge causal factor in this. Just because Jim the builder next door but one still has a roll of 50's in his pocket down the pub on a Friday , doesn't mean it's not happening. Denying it won't make it go away. Fortunately, for those with a bit of foresight and who can stand the truth, there are things one can do to protects one's assets. If you are willing to accept Brexit is not a good thing, of course.

You and other remainers are talking this country in to a recession, nobody else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here